Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Moronic Tweet

Ryan Bennet really needs to think before he tweets.

Ryan Bennett @ryanbennett_22

Realisation of being back at football tomor for pre season! #devastated

What a tool, yeah i''d be devastated playing premier league football and earning thousands of pounds a week and he''s bitching about starting pre season, here''s a thought go out and get a real job and have 20 days holiday a year and earn £30k a year not a week.

Cinder block brain, makes me wonder how he is a decent defender.

Slight over reaction

One of my former colleagues was Bennetts youth coach at Ipswich and he was hardly a model pro back then

Big season for Bennett this one!

to be fair lots of players have been tweeting that they are not looking forward to pre season.

It is obviously hard work, especially after a bit of slacking while on holiday.

I am sure they will all be up for it come the first game of the season!

Generally I''d say not to read too much in to a tweet like that. I mean, we all have off days, regardless of the job we do or the money we earn. And let''s face it, even if you were a professional footballer it would still be preferable to relax on holiday than begin pre-season, which I hear is extremely tough.

But then, saying that, it is Ryan Bennett. Moronic tweets are his speciality.

Talk about OTT!

As much as evety pro loves playing football, I bet very few like Pre-Season

Also wouldnt we all rather be on holiday than ''working''?

Not a good thing to tweet, such a daft statement. As said what about those of who in the real world who work 40 hour plus a week and don''t earn anywhere near a year that he does a week! Who only have weekends to rest and sometimes these are taken up with work too.

He should be thankful no matter how hard he has worked to be where he is that Football is a law onto intself with these over inflated wages and lucky that in ten years time he will be able to retire to a life of luxury while the real world works through to 67 trying to put away enough to be able to retire.

Sorry but really not a good Tweet and should think before posting such things.

[quote user="Paul"]Ryan Bennet really needs to think before he tweets.

Ryan Bennett @ryanbennett_22

Realisation of being back at football tomor for pre season! #devastated

What a tool, yeah i''d be devastated playing premier league football and earning thousands of pounds a week and he''s bitching about starting pre season, here''s a thought go out and get a real job and have 20 days holiday a year and earn £30k a year not a week.[/quote]

Mindblowingly stupid tweet.

If you want moronic tweets then #ncfc is bursting with them.

Bennett''s is ill advised.  Some thoughts are better kept to oneself.

I just wonder how many of the critical posters on this thread sit down the day before returning to work and think" Thank God that holiday is over.  I''m so glad to be leaving the sun, sea and relaxation and getting back to work tomorrow.  Especially as work is going to be really tough"?

I don''t and I bet you don''t either.  Who would?

Sanctimonious hypocrisy is rife on this thread.

Sorry but I''m with Paul on this one. If you don''t want to be here then don''t be. If you can''t get motivated to play in the best league in the world, then that speaks volumes about not just your work ethic, but also your dedication to the NCFC cause.

He may have worked hard to get where he is, or is he just naturally gifted... That comment doesn''t come across as someone willing to work hard does it!

I know its difficult and can open another whole can of worms, but I think the club really needs to ask players to get off twitter (or can''t they make their accounts private so only their actual mates can see it). If they don''t make themselves look like fools, they are busy upsetting people or getting into trouble through stupid remarks... This isn''t the first time for Bennett either is it!!

I''m glad I''m not on Twitter, i''d struggle to keep my rant under however many letters you are allowed! 

Give the lad a break!

It''s a well known cliche that players dread coming back in and being tested, weighed and worked after a holiday.

Take the tweet as he intended it.

It''s well known that footballers generally hate pre-season.  Add to that Bennett seems a bit of a loft conversion and struggles with big words.

Some people need to chill out, he is only human.

On the subject of Bennett, I think he is my first choice to partner Bassong next season

What an over reaction by most.Bennett has just followed that tweet up with the following (Which he shouldnt of had to do):" Devasted meaning i will spend 4 days with my family for the next month! After lovely time off its always hard going back to work regardless of job"Anyone who doesnt agree or can''t associate with that are being morons themselves.

I''m sure my boss would love me to tweet the same after 6 week holiday! I''m sure he would not take me to one side and say well if that''s how you feel there are other''s who would like to have your chance here!

Just such a daft tweet and I for one wish the club bans all players from tweeting, it just has such negative effect on players and fans! Ban tweeting!

After following him for a while now, I''ve deduced that he is not perhaps the brightest pea in the pod. Just take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

As long as he performs on the pitch I''m personally happy with him.

OK a bit silly for RB to tweet like this, but this thread shows how many posters are out of touch with players.  Yes I know we''d all love to be playing football in the Prem on enormous wages. 

But this tweet should make us understand, that for players lucky enough to do just that, it''s still a job, with bits you enjoy and bits you don''t.  One of the bits they don''t enjoy, I''m sure, being pre-season training when they have to get their fitness back up to Prem levels.

In the days before twitter this sort of thing would only come out in memoirs after players retired.  If players were "on message" the whole time in their tweets and didn''t say this sort of thing, it doesn''t change the fact that they are human beings and feel this way.

Wouldn''t take it too seriously Paul.

It doesn''t matter what line of work you''re in or how much you earn, it''s not something you look forward to when you''ve on holiday. The thought of the alarm going off at 6:30am in the morning & you have to drag yourself out of bed to get change because you''re officially back at work, Just human nature.

I fully agree with that, it is human nature to think it, but to tweet it to the 30,000 city fans and your employers is another thnig, or am I just old school and would not be happy with my staff tweeting this?

At least this time he didn''t going on about his hatred of people working for the minimum wage.

It''s still not something he should publicly announce, especially saying that he is "devastated". Feeling down about coming back from a nice summer is one thing, being devastated by it is another.

Still as I said before, I think he just chose poorly with his wording as it doesn''t really look like he reads through his tweets before posting (rediculous typo''s and the like). Best to take with a pinch of salt.

Jesus, get off your high horses. Yes he does a job we would all die for but seems to me that he values his family more than anything and will only see them a few times over the next month.

I work away and I know how hard it is.

No matter what job you do it''s always horrible going back after time off. People complain that footballers are not in touch with reality. Here we see a guy having a normal concern.

It''s like saying footballers shouldn''t suffer from things like depression because of the money they earn.

Really think its a huge over reaction by people that are offended far too much. You can''t fart now without someone being offended.

Chill out.

The only thing moronic is some people''s reaction. Most footballers say they hate the pre-season because of hard training with no matches. It shows the manager''s doing his job if the lads are dreading it, so cut out the self-righteous BS.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Jesus, get off your high horses. Yes he does a job we would all die for but seems to me that he values his family more than anything and will only see them a few times over the next month. I work away and I know how hard it is. No matter what job you do it''s always horrible going back after time off. People complain that footballers are not in touch with reality. Here we see a guy having a normal concern. It''s like saying footballers shouldn''t suffer from things like depression because of the money they earn. Really think its a huge over reaction by people that are offended far too much. You can''t fart now without someone being offended. Chill out.[/quote]

Spot on CUSDP. I have to go away with work, I hate it, my manager knows full well I hate it. However I do it as I''m proud of my job, the work I do, and understand it''s a necessity of what I do.

I really can''t get over the reaction of some people here. "Oh it means he doesn''t want to play for Norwich, blah, blah, blah, he hates footbal wah, wah, wah!"

Very few footballers look forward to pre-season, from the bottom of the Sunday leagues to the pinnacle of world football so just get over it.