Sign in to follow this  
Canary & Linnet

Favourite chants of the season

We''ve had our share of lows this season, but no one can deny it''s been entertaining!

Apart from the obvious Delia ''Lets be ''avin you'', I would nominate:-

The Snake Pit''s ''Who are ya'' to Thierry Henry (& then taking photos of him with their mobiles!)

''Alex, Alex what''s the score?'' (what a sweet memory, worth the price of my season ticket for that&nbsp

& all the remaining Norwich fans ''You''re not singing anymore'' as the equaliser went in against Middlesborough

I''m sure there are many others, what''s your favourite?

the EASY EASY EASY against manure!

and Lets be havin'' ya, and Delias Barmy Army!

Mine was ''we''ve got a supercook, you''ve got a Russian crook!'' against, who else, but Chelsea!  That was a really good memory. 

For sheer emotion, ''Loyal supporters'' followed by OTBC at the Middlesborough game after many fans left.

For comedy value, ''You only drink when your driving'' towards Jermaine Pennant was good even raising a smile from the lino.

7,000 fans singing ''City till I die'' after being relegated after a 6-0 drubbing won''t ever be forgotten. Still brings a lump to my throat too!

But it has to be the Easy, Easy, Easy chant against ManUre. The entire ground was doing it after the second goal. I also liked the by the seaside chant against West Brom.

[quote]7,000 fans singing ''City till I die'' after being relegated after a 6-0 drubbing won''t ever be forgotten. Still brings a lump to my throat too! But it has to be the Easy, Easy, Easy chant against ManU...[/quote]

Thirded Beds.  Fulham away was immense.  Forget what we did that day, forget what happened all season, I''m city til I die

''EI EI EI oooooo, Up the Football League we go'' at Fulham. Plus everything else at Fulham including Easy Easy at 5-0.

5- 4 we''re gonna win 5-4 v Boro

''My Garden Shed'' at Old Trafford.  And "Schhhh" at Old Trafford. And "you''re only here for e Champions" at Old T when they announced the Premiership record gate.

And I understand that the Chelski boys sang "Down with the souffle" - if true, thats a cracker.

And me - a River Ender!

[quote]Can only be the 6-7000 lucky ones at Fulham singing " City ''til I die" I have never heard so much pasion in a song. Lump in throat time.[/quote]

Good point well made, the collective singing when we accepted it was over was awesome, right from the "Nigel, Nigel Worthington'' which he applauded, to the final ''On the ball City'' led by Roger Munby..

Last home game of the season, the song directed at Jermaine Pennant was my favourite... "You''re just a criminal, You''re just a criminal!" 

For any of you in Lloyds before the chelski game some bright Norwich fan came up with this...

''You''ve got Abramovich,we''ve got a drunken b***''

just shows we can take the mick out of ourselves.

Other than that,singing all the way through fulham when most clubs would have left.

Out-singing the home fans at Old Trafford, City are back at St James Park and the sheer relief of some of the home bvictories aside the intensity of the Fulham singing was right up there for me.

Putting a slightly different spin on it though was seeing my 12 year old son stood on his seat singing City till I die along with 6998 others (and his dad)!

Living where we do and having brought him up through the dark days of Endsleigh/Nationwide obscurity when the temptations of Old Trafford and Anfield were VERY styrong, you have no idea how proud that made me feel!

Must have done something right as a parent at least!

At Fulham: ''4 - Nil and you still don''t sing, 4 Nil and you still don''t..''  McBride then scores again, and without breaking for breath ''5 - Nil and you still don''t sing, 5 - Nil etc etc.'' 

Brought a smile.

"You''ll never beat the Snakepit" after pennant got smacked with the ball while waiting to take a corner (we don''t like him much do we???!!!).

City til I die at Fulham has to be the hilight.

On a sour note my least favorite is the ''one shot....''.  people seem to sing at the pubs before the game.  It doesn''t give a good impression of the club to say the very least.

[quote]Can only be the 6-7000 lucky ones at Fulham singing " City ''til I die" I have never heard so much pasion in a song. Lump in throat time.[/quote]

completely agree drinkell

the fans made me proud that day, not the team, at least we will have that memory of the last day in the prem!

[quote]For any of you in Lloyds before the chelski game some bright Norwich fan came up with this... ''You''ve got Abramovich,we''ve got a drunken b***'' just shows we can take the mick out of ourselves. Othe...[/quote]

At the game however, Chelski fans sang "We''ve got Abramovitch, you''ve got a drunken b**ch".  And we responded with "We''ve got a super cook, you''ve got a Russian crook!"

We win IMO!

I laughed so hard when we started singing "4-0 and you still don''t sing" at the Fulham fans, only for them to start singing something in return which no one could hear cause we just drowned them out!

[quote]Out-singing the home fans at Old Trafford, City are back at St James Park and the sheer relief of some of the home bvictories aside the intensity of the Fulham singing was right up there for me. Putt...[/quote]

Hat''s off to you shropshire I too had to convince my son that the glory of Manure is the easy option- even had his room decorated in Red and white (sorry all I feel I ''ve let you all down) however 1 half season ticket and a visit to the open day 2000 and he''s hooked.- Bedroom now Yellow and green and everthing I ever wanted myself.- Is it really fair to burden our off spring with the Yellow fever? How proud do you feel when it''s the boys outsinging the dads worry not the club''s in good hands.

All these chants bring back some great memories from this last season!!!! I am just so proud of the club i support and the fans are absolutely magnificent. I wouldn''t rather support anyone else rather than Norwich. I believe the ''player of the season'' should have gone to the Fans. Throughout good and hard the fans were always there singing their hearts out and i think if it wasnt for us we would have been relegated a long time before we were.

Well done everyone!!!

quote DDiM *At the game however, Chelski fans sang "We''ve got Abramovitch, you''ve got a drunken b**ch".  And we responded with "We''ve got a super cook, you''ve got a Russian crook!"*

has got to be the best fan war of the season!

IMO it has to be what us snakepit boys were shouting at Jermaine Pennant,

"Whats it like 2, Whats it like 2, Whats it like 2 drop the soap, Whats it like 2 drop the soap"

I had to laugh at Highbury when Arsenal fans started to leave, and we chanted " Au Revoir, Au Revoir, Au Revoir", and they came back with "What''s the French for going down". Prophetic or what???

As other said I really enjoyed the Abramovich - Delia chants at the Chelsea game and also the unforgettable scenes against Manchester United ''EASY EASY EASY''

By the way, can anyone kindly post here the words to the song which is the tune when Ipswich score and also Sheffield United i think..

It goes something like ''when i was young and had some sence...'' I think theres 2 versions to it, could someone please post here or private message me it, cheers.