Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Only 3 strikers now...

RvW, Holty and Becchio are currently the only senior strikers we''ve got.This isnt a dig at CH and the club because I''m sure we''ll sign another striker.

The best thing about JV going is at the very least we know that we''ll sign at least one more striker.

Gary Hooper prephaps?

One thing you can bet your house on is that at least one new striker will be signed by the close of the window (and I wouldn''t be surprised to see even 3!).

Hooper seems a safe bet.

Would like a nice surprise though if I''m honest. Rather than a name we''ve been hearing about for months

as opposed to how many did we have last season when we went on that splendid run ?Vaughan was ''not ours'' in the sense that he was on a season long loan, Martin was unlikely to play and so we had Holt and Jacksoneven after Jan it was only Holt, Jackson and Bechio with RVW not joining us until season 13/14I also not so sure if we are playing a system of out and out strikers

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Gary Hooper perhaps? [/quote]Does seem to be looking more and more likely with each passing day...

I think we''ll get Hooper or a.n. other and then also an attacking mid like Toivonen or a.n.other, shelvey was linked and he''s that sort of player too.

[quote user="City1st"]as opposed to how many did we have last season when we went on that splendid run ?Vaughan was ''not ours'' in the sense that he was on a season long loan, Martin was unlikely to play and so we had Holt and Jacksoneven after Jan it was only Holt, Jackson and Bechio with RVW not joining us until season 13/14I also not so sure if we are playing a system of out and out strikers[/quote]

What about Kei?

"What about Kei?"ahemI wondered who would be the first to spot that

oooops

I rate we''ll be in for Jones from Stoke or possibly even Altidore if it falls through with Blunderland.