Sign in to follow this  
pete

Why would Ruddy join Chelsea

Yeah for money of course. But 2014 World Cup year JR won''t get into Hodgson''s plans by being in Chelsea reserves. Might be first choice next season but Courtois to come back from loan at Ath Madrid a favourite of JM. If another succesful year with City JR will be worth more and Chelsea may need JR as first choice.

Suggest it would be madness to let JR go for £10m+ as to get a worthy replacement will cost £4/5m look at cost of Butland. JR worth more to us than the money offered.

Money

Lure of London

Confidence in himself to oust Cech

If he managed to do that, a real chance of being England''s number 1.

Champions League football.

Chance to work with one of the best managers of this generation.

Money.

Money

Lure of London

Confidence in himself to oust Cech

If he managed to do that, a real chance of being England''s number 1.

Champions League football.

Chance to work with one of the best managers of this generation.

Money.

BUT APART FROM THESE ^^^^^^^^^

Why would he join chelski ;-)

Players tend join bigger clubs just for money and the chances of winning silverware - Chelsea are also in Europe. What usually happens is they don''t get many games and ruin their career because they lose the skills - If Ruddy went to Chelsea and Chelsea won something, I doubt he would get a winners medal.

I did have a concern about this when there was a story that Chelsea had offered £5m which was rejected and they came back with £10m.

But later stories suggested the £5m was actually £2m up front plus add ons for appearances etc.  We''d be insane to accept that sort of deal as for £2m they''d be buying him just as backup.

My feeling is that this one will happen only if Mourinho has decided he wants JR as his first choice and is willing to pay accordingly.  But I would be surprised if that''s so.

I heard that Chelsea want Ruddy as number two to Cech whereas Arsenal want him as proper competition for Szczesny who has just had a poor season.

I don''t think it would take £10m to get Ruddy. I think a bid of about £7-8m up front would do it, if the player stated he wanted to leave.

I think Wenger''s uncertainty is because he''s been burnt with English players he''s purchased in the past i.e. Francis Jeffers and Richard Wright. The latter could be our saving grace.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why start a thread on a topic that has already got one running with six pages of comments?[/quote]
Tradition innit.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I heard that Chelsea want Ruddy as number two to Cech whereas Arsenal want him as proper competition for Szczesny who has just had a poor season. I don''t think it would take £10m to get Ruddy. I think a bid of about £7-8m up front would do it, if the player stated he wanted to leave. I think Wenger''s uncertainty is because he''s been burnt with English players he''s purchased in the past i.e. Francis Jeffers and Richard Wright. The latter could be our saving grace.[/quote]

I was very worried that Wenger would come knocking as well, seeing as Ruddy would be the No.1 at Arsenal. But Wenger has opted for Julio Cesar as he''s "Too good for the Championship" (As quoted by ''Arry), apparently the deal is almost done. Major relief there as I''m not sure Ruddy will want to be behind Cech immediately and Courtis in the long term at Chelsea.

If we take 7-8 million we''re fucking idiots.

Our fans do like to de-value our players.

I wouldn''t accept anything under 12million. Even then i''d rather keep than sell.