Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Vaughan gone...

To Huddersfield:

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC 1m

City can confirm striker James Vaughan has joined Huddersfield Town in a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Good luck to him. His opportunities were limited at Norwich through no fault of his own.

Good choice going to Huddersfield, and did well to get a three year deal considering his past, best thing for him to be playing and scoring somewhere.

Good luck to him, I would maybe have had him back as a squad filler, but this is the best move for him.

I think this was pretty much on the cards since last Aug, and there hadn''t looked like anything recently to suggest that he would be returning to play for us next season.And, as with the posts above, good luck to him - he seemed to give it his all when he did play for us and that really is about all you can askIt''s up to others to find those who have a bit more to give, that''s all

If Vaughn has been allowed to go, the implication is that there is another striker coming in - presumably in the bag already, but not yet announced. That McNally does like to tease us!

Surely means we are in for another striker then, can''t afford to start the season with just the three

Good luck to the guy I say.I always thought that he could have offered us something useful last season, especially after he looked pretty sharp in pre-season, but I guess it just wasn''t to be.I would like to know what sort of price we''ve agreed on for his services however..

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Doesn''t mean a striker is already lined up, i''m pretty sure with 2 months to go, we''ll find someone.[/quote]yeah someone like Harry Kane maybe...?

His time here was a strange one , the blokes taking part in the crossbar challenge got more mins on the Carrow raod pitch but good luck to him anyway.

He must have made one hell of a impression there cos their fans are ecstatic about this. Really raving about him on the down at the mac forum.

Good luck to him and them - he seems a decent enough player and it just didn''t work out. He''s just too injury prone for us, we have that squad limit which he is perhaps too risky for us + there is also the rumour that he didn''t settle well in the area; that''s fine, we all move on.

We need better than ''decent'' now. He''s off because hughton doesn''t think he''s good enough. Looking at the players he has bought in in the type of player we are looking at I''m more than confident RvW will have a decent few strikers around him.

Let''s not forget just how unlucky Vaughan was. He was really buzzing and looking good until that shocking elbow by Tamas against West Brom. I remember how angry Vaughan was not to be able to play on.

He never really recovered and by the time he was fit, the world had changed.

Really hard luck for him.

I would hope that Hughton now sees fit to come out and explan the circumstances ref: Vaughan. Last season we apprantly sent him out on loan to prove his fitness and score goals and by and large he kept his end of the bargain on both counts, yet it still seemingly wasnt enough?

People will sepculate that he didnt settle here, but we havent heard that from either him or the club...........an explanation required I feel?

Good luck to him, for a team like Huddersfield who are in the championship he''s worth sticking in the team and getting back to fitness everytime he gets injured (which is a lot), the level we find ourselves at we need players up to speed every time they step onto the pitch unless they are exceptional.

I think we feel as Everton did when he went, glimmers of an opportunity but never fit long enough to attempt to break through. It was worth a punt for us at the time and it didn''t work out. He seems very happy with the move as do their fans. 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I would hope that Hughton now sees fit to come out and explan the circumstances ref: Vaughan. Last season we apprantly sent him out on loan to prove his fitness and score goals and by and large he kept his end of the bargain on both counts, yet it still seemingly wasnt enough?

People will sepculate that he didnt settle here, but we havent heard that from either him or the club...........an explanation required I feel?

[/quote]

Perhaps we was sent out on loan last season to prove his form and fitness to clubs interested in buying him from us. He proved himself at Huddersfield and they''ve now bought him.

What''s the point of him staying here anyway when we''ve got better players infront of him now and will only look to improve further?

GLJ Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote - "I would hope that Hughton now sees fit to come out and explan the circumstances ref: Vaughan. Last season we apprantly sent him out on loan to prove his fitness and score goals and by and large he kept his end of the bargain on both counts, yet it still seemingly wasnt enough?

People will sepculate that he didnt settle here, but we havent heard that from either him or the club...........an explanation required I feel?"

Don''t lose sleep over it. It really is not that important.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]GLJ Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote - "I would hope that Hughton now sees fit to come out and explan the circumstances ref: Vaughan. Last season we apprantly sent him out on loan to prove his fitness and score goals and by and large he kept his end of the bargain on both counts, yet it still seemingly wasnt enough?

People will sepculate that he didnt settle here, but we havent heard that from either him or the club...........an explanation required I feel?"

Don''t lose sleep over it. It really is not that important.[/quote]

I''ll reserve judgement on that until I see what pool of strikers we go into next season with?

We''re low on strikers at the moment but I think it was pretty clear Vaughan didn''t want to be here.

Regardless GLJ, he''d have been backup and I would imagine that''s the most Hughton would have wanted him for. Maybe not enough for the player?

I would''nt worry about what `pool of strikers` we go into next season with, IMO Vaughans never really counted anyway.