Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Complications or McNally jumpin the gun?

A couple of days ago, McNally said on Twitter that we would''ve made some signings by Wednesday. He''s not one to build up hopes so things must''ve gone pretty far with negotiations between one or more players. As we haven''t heard anything do you think this can mean one of our signings have fell through?

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]

A couple of days ago, McNally said on Twitter that we would''ve made some signings by Wednesday.

[/quote]

Did he actually say that?

Or are you referring to this:

: is it possible for you to give a straight answer will there be new signing s by Wednesday” no and yes

Because I think that''s just him being sarcastic about the first part, and a little mischievous perhaps.

Taken from Twitter:

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62 29 Jun

“@bigsixkev: @davidmcnally62 is it possible for you to give a straight answer will there be new signing s by Wednesday” no and yes

As this was prior to RvW being unveiled, technically I suppose the "yes" could refer to him.

Either way, I''m sure the club is working for the benefit of the club, so any new signings will be worked on very hard. I can''t see David McNally letting lack of effort be the reason why we don''t get a target.

Ben

Well i am starting to read things into Twitter cr@p too. Just a dissapointing day as there was no concrete news. Buten mcnally knows what he is doing I guess

The way I read McNally''s tweet was he was referring to the questioner''s question of asking whether he answer a straight question. No and Yes means he isn''t giving a straight answer!

Probably only just realised that a new tea lady for the directors box isn''t technically a new signing.

Or he did mean a new signing by Wednesday but:From the Birmingham Mail, which has been on the ball about this transfer all the way through:Redmond, 19, visited both Norwich and Swansea, but he always preferred a move to East Anglia. The transfer was done and dusted earlier this week but the announcement delayed until today due to an unspecified minor issue.