Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Real Madrid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23147193?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeedSo this is why Elliot Ward went to Bournemouth

Good game for Bournemouth.

However at £60 a ticket it''s a rip off

A lot of money, but plenty will pay it, small price to pay to say "I saw Cristiano Ronaldo at Dean Court". Bet people on here would, in hindsight, have been happy to pay sixty quid to be able to say "I saw Pele play at Carrow Road".

"TIL 1010" Only £55 if you are a season ticket holder.

So three people get a fiver off.

I read somewhere (think it was Sky) that Bournemouth stated Real Madrid had to play First Team players.....But then again what is a "First Team Player"...Surely one of the reserves who played 1 game a season could be called a First Teamer.Reckon there will be a few of the big names on show though.I''d happily pay around £35 / £40 to see Ramos / Alonso / Pepe / Ozil / Kaka etcI never got to see Ronaldo during his time in the Prem though so wouldn''t mind seeing him either !£60 is very expensive but i''m sure they''ll sell out

I don''t think Real Madrid will make anything out of this, I''m fairly confident it''s a run out for them and as the away team they''ll receive sweet F A - just a great chance for Bournemouth to get a decent pay day hence the £60 tickets. Dean Court or whatever it''s called now is a tiny ground - made me laugh when that ''Moose'' from TalkSport was asking on Twitter this morning how 80,000 odd capacity Man U only charged £40 to see Real yet 10,000 odd capacity Bournemouth are charging £60? Is he thick or something?. Football is business like it or not, and there''ll be plenty round these parts that''ll happily pay the £60 asking price to see the Galacticos up close - why should their owner Eddie Mitchell only charge 15 squid when he knows it''ll sell out for £60?!?!.

I saw Pele play and score at Craven Cottage in a friendly with Santos. Didn''t cost £60 though.

Bournemouth club chairman Eddie Mitchell said:

"It is very difficult to see where to pitch prices but we have things to cover," he said, a reference to the estimated £1m pre-season friendly appearance fee that Real Madrid have apparently demanded.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Bournemouth club chairman Eddie Mitchell said:

"It is very difficult to see where to pitch prices but we have things to cover," he said, a reference to the estimated £1m pre-season friendly appearance fee that Real Madrid have apparently demanded.[/quote]How does that work out 10K stadium say £50 average a ticket = £500,000?

" I''m fairly confident it''s a run out for them and as the away team they''ll receive sweet F A"eh !

The away team are paid a fee, that is why friendlies mostly have a ''bigger'' club playing the home side. What that fee is will be variable depending upon what the away club thing it is worth ie a game against a local German club when at a nearby training camp may mean a far lower fee. But there will be a fee, hence the high prices.As for Madrid there is an airport locally and Bournemouth is not the worst place in the world to spend a few days break so it''s not necessarily as odd as say having to bed down in a Travelodge on the outskirts of Scunthorpe.As to "a reference to the estimated £1m pre-season friendly appearance fee that Real Madrid have apparently demanded."that is ludicrousThe Bournemouth ground holds around 10,000, so at maximum prices it will only generate around £600,000 and I can''t see Bournemouth stumping up around a half a million and more to pay for a friendly.

Whichever way you look at it, that report has to be total nonsense regarding the £1mill fee - a 10k odd ground and kids tickets are only priced at 15 squid?. I don''t know where but I''ve definitely heard of the ''bigger'' sides waving their appearance fee for a friendly - afterall what''s 100k to Real Madrid? Wouldn''t cover Ronaldo''s wage for 7 days. They''re certainly not playing Bournemouth to make money that''s for sure