Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

The pull of the manager

What finally persuaded Redmond, from his own explanation, was that CH believed in him and gave him a chance. Other teams, even good ones, seem not to have been considered seriously. Great for us - a player with great prospects, and at a bargain price.

(The same thing happened with our last manager who shall be nameless - fetching Colchester players to us - at least Fox and Tierney. The downside is that he is still doing it - coaching and support staff, and our best young goal keeper  prospect. I''m surprised he hasn''t been after more of our players.)

I suppose it''s natural for players, who respect a manager, feel a debt to him and hope he can continue their development.

[quote user="Salopian"]

What finally persuaded Redmond, from his own explanation, was that CH believed in him and gave him a chance. Other teams, even good ones, seem not to have been considered seriously. Great for us - a player with great prospects, and at a bargain price.

(The same thing happened with our last manager who shall be nameless - fetching Colchester players to us - at least Fox and Tierney. The downside is that he is still doing it - coaching and support staff, and our best young goal keeper  prospect. I''m surprised he hasn''t been after more of our players.)

I suppose it''s natural for players, who respect a manager, feel a debt to him and hope he can continue their development.

[/quote]

Dont think Villa could afford any of our players that Lambert brought to the club now?.....at least not the ones we wouldnt want to get rid of?

Appropriate to compare the two managers, but I can''t remember there being much competition for Fox or Tierney. The main difference, IMO, is that CH and his team are much more into the development of players. Snodgrass, for example, was a very different player by the end of the season than he was at the beginning. That too, I think is what attracted Redmond to working under CH.

Likewise R Bennett , Howson and TurnerHowever i would think that is part of the club ethos rather than either manager - as with Club canary and the driver (see Ruddy)RVW did talk about fitting into the club, which suggests there is a way of doing things that is the ''guiding hand''I will give a hostage to fortune and say we will see more of Bechio this season

I really do hope Becchio gets more of a chance and contributes next year.

I was thinking about how much RB and Howson came on towards the end of the season, RB is now a real competitor for a starting place.  As for Howson, I was watching the Man U highlights from the home game and he was put through on goal at the end to make it safe but completely fluffed his shot,  compare that to the assured run and finish for the winner at Man C.

The fact Hughton is a good bloke and clearly enjoys a good relationship with his players definitely seems to help with recruitment.

Very positive times. A stable club. Money to burn and a manager the best talent wants to play for.

Happy days

It is because Hughton is a coach. I saw him at the FA Grassroots show and you can see that his technical knowledge is superb as is this manner with players. When you combine this with an eager player and a well organised session plan then it leads to a very harmonious relationship between player and coach.

He''s proved me wrong time and time again, and much to my shame I''ve been nasty towards CH.............for that, I can only apologise to him.[:$]

Now I just have total respect and admiration for the man,  so its no wonder the players like him.

[quote user="Wiz"]

He''s proved me wrong time and time again, and much to my shame I''ve been nasty towards CH.............for that, I can only apologise to him.[:$]

Now I just have total respect and admiration for the man,  so its no wonder the players like him.

[/quote]

Yeah!! Hughton OUT. I mean IN. No, OUT.  Or do i mean IN?  Oh Jeez, where am i again?

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Yeah!! Hughton OUT. I mean IN. No, OUT.  Or do i mean IN?  Oh Jeez, where am i again?

[/quote]

I''ve said my piece.............take it or leave it.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

WOW! Wiz''s medication finally seeped in then. Why is it that I have such a strong feeling that this will be a VERY quotable post over the next 12 months?!

There was an interview with Bassong where he said after talking to Hughton for ten minutes, he''d made his made up. Or something like that.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Trouble is old mate we''ve see these redemption posts before, it''s more if you can post this if the going gets tough.