Sign in to follow this  
cheek

Liam Bridcutt

Another overrated championship player who come City fans think we should be signing.

This type of player is who the likes of Palace and Cardiff should be looking to, we have three or four better players in our squad already, we need players who will challenge the starting 11 not challenge bench warners!

No, no, no!

[quote user="Indy"]

Another overrated championship player who come City fans think we should be signing.

This type of player is who the likes of Palace and Cardiff should be looking to, we have three or four better players in our squad already, we need players who will challenge the starting 11 not challenge bench warners!

No, no, no!

[/quote]

He''d be an upgrade on both Tettey and Johnson.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. However I''d hope to sign much better upgrade.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not on your nelly, Johnson was one of the best players for us last season....Tettey still has to prove his full ability, but both better than Birdcutt. Funny how City fans rate players.

I watched Bridcutt a few times last season (live in Brighton).He is a class player - i highly rate him. Would love to see him with Norwich.Very composed & tough on the ball. Would be an extremelly good value squad addition (if we could get him for a sensible price.)Think he won man of the match each time i saw him.No doubt he will be playing in the Premiership soon eitherway.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not on your nelly, Johnson was one of the best players for us last season....Tettey still has to prove his full ability, but both better than Birdcutt. Funny how City fans rate players.

[/quote]

And here lays a problem. Johnson was not one of our better players. Just because he shows work rate and desire doesn''t make him one of our best players. We were awfull at times last season and BJ was very much a part of that. There''s certainly a place for him in the squad but to say he is one of our better players is crazy. It just shows how poor we were last year.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And here lays a problem. Johnson was not one of our better players. Just because he shows work rate and desire doesn''t make him one of our best players. We were awfull at times last season and BJ was very much a part of that. There''s certainly a place for him in the squad but to say he is one of our better players is crazy. It just shows how poor we were last year.[/quote]Yes he was and LOL, 11th you idiot, 11th!

We finished strong and in 11th, we had Fox who is as good as Birdcutt and could not get onto the bench, I watched this guy live as have many on this board last year, he''s at his level.

Again I point to the fact that West Ham, Swansea and other clubs in our pot for signings are not even sniffing so why do you think he would be an improvement?

Please!! LC is correct, BJ was not and is not one of our better players, last season he did improve and he does cover a lot of ground, however his tracking of players is not great and his passing is woeful at times, Bridcutt im afraid is without question the better all round player!

[quote user="Ghostship Belly"]

Please!! LC is correct, BJ was not and is not one of our better players, last season he did improve and he does cover a lot of ground, however his tracking of players is not great and his passing is woeful at times, Bridcutt im afraid is without question the better all round player!

[/quote]Hi Lincoln *waving*

Would be generally underwhelmed, but you never know, i''d give him a chance. I''d rather see Leroy Fer busting through the doors of FCR!

Have we not already tried this with Butterfield, is he not better than Birdcutt?

Why should we be looking to sign mid aged, mid rated players when we have a pool of midfileders who we can all argue about being better or not!

It would be nice to be linked with players who ARE WITHOUT QUESTION better! Just glad this is a poster saying this and we are not linked officially with Birdcutt.

bridcutt might be a good signing but with tettey and johnson already plus the potential signing of fer i don''t believe we will be after him.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And here lays a problem. Johnson was not one of our better players. Just because he shows work rate and desire doesn''t make him one of our best players. We were awfull at times last season and BJ was very much a part of that. There''s certainly a place for him in the squad but to say he is one of our better players is crazy. It just shows how poor we were last year.[/quote]Yes he was and LOL, 11th you idiot, 11th![/quote]

Cd you really are a doughnut. Yes we finished 11th but to use this as evidence BJ is one of our best players is rubbish. Stating that we finished 11th hides the facts. We were in big trouble and could easily of been relegated.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Indy"]

No, no, no!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And here lays a problem. Johnson was not one of our better players. Just because he shows work rate and desire doesn''t make him one of our best players. We were awfull at times last season and BJ was very much a part of that. There''s certainly a place for him in the squad but to say he is one of our better players is crazy. It just shows how poor we were last year.[/quote]Yes he was and LOL, 11th you idiot, 11th![/quote]

Cd you really are a doughnut. Yes we finished 11th but to use this as evidence BJ is one of our best players is rubbish. Stating that we finished 11th hides the facts. We were in big trouble and could easily of been relegated.[/quote]Sorry, show me where I have used the fact that we came 11th to show that BJ was one of our better players.Hides what facts? We were the 11th best team in the Premier League last season, FACT.God, you''re dense

We don''t need Bridcutt, he is a DM and we already have 2 of them on the books. The interest in Fer underlines that we are looking for a better class of mid-fielder who has more strings to his bow. If we get Fer or similar then I expect him to start RM alongside Howson or BJ (in the LM slot) depending on the opposition/tactics.

Lincoln we were never in any trouble last year, we were in the bottom three for a very short time in Septmeber, there after we were between 4-11 points clear of the drop zone all season, theat''s not close to being relegated!

Anyhow we have Fox, Buttefield who most on here would put above Birdcutt, so why do we need Birdcutt? I do wonder at times why some fans still link us to mid tallented footballers when we are third season premiership, the players we have in our starintg 11 have done a fantastic job and we need to improve on them not bring in more player on par or below!

IMO leave Birdcutt at Brighton ad sell Butterfield too!

[quote user="sjeh"]I watched Bridcutt a few times last season (live in Brighton).He is a class player - i highly rate him. Would love to see him with Norwich.Very composed & tough on the ball. Would be an extremelly good value squad addition (if we could get him for a sensible price.)Think he won man of the match each time i saw him.No doubt he will be playing in the Premiership soon eitherway.[/quote]I will just add...He''s won Brightons player of the season 2 years in a row now, and dragged (an average team) up to the playoffs last season.He''s younger than Tetty, Johnson, Fox so i''m sure would be hungry to impress at Premier League level & give competition for places.Would be very happy to see him join the squad.

[quote user="Indy"]

Lincoln we were never in any trouble last year, we were in the bottom three for a very short time in Septmeber, there after we were between 4-11 points clear of the drop zone all season, theat''s not close to being relegated!

Anyhow we have Fox, Buttefield who most on here would put above Birdcutt, so why do we need Birdcutt? I do wonder at times why some fans still link us to mid tallented footballers when we are third season premiership, the players we have in our starintg 11 have done a fantastic job and we need to improve on them not bring in more player on par or below!

IMO leave Birdcutt at Brighton ad sell Butterfield too!

[/quote]

Omg. I must have dreamt it when Hughton said were in a relegation battle after losing to Villa. Untill Wigan blew it to Swansea we were very much in trouble. Stats can be interpreted in many ways but we all know if Wigan had won that game it could easily have been a different story.

[quote user="Ghostship Belly"]

[/quote]

So a player who has never proven himself at premier league level and who most of here have probably seen play 2 or 3 times on tv is "without question" a better all round player than a player who most on here had in the running for POTS last season and who has performed consistently well for us in the premier league for 2 seasons now?

This automatic assumption that players at other (lower) clubs are better than what we have is frankly insulting to the players we have at the club already. When Johnson did not play last season his absence was really noticeable. he was undoubtedly one of our better players.

Yes we will now have to make tough decisions and perhaps bring in a higher calibre of players if we are to move to the next level but if Johnson gets replaced in the team next year its likely to be by someone like Leroy Fer or Nzonzi and not by the likes of Bridcutt (who may or may not turn out to be a good player at this level but as of yet has done nothing.)

All if''s and but''s Lincoln the truth is we were never in the bottom 3 always had points in the bag and teams below us who were deeper in trouble than us! Not in any way shape or form in trouble. As for the sentiment of Hughton in a relegation battle well that is pretty much a start to finish sentiment for a club like ours, we are in a relegation battle from the first game to last and anyone who thingks differently just needs to look at Wovles, Bolton, Wigan, West Ham, in recent years, you are never safe in this league, but if you can stay 7 points clear most of the seaosn you''re never in deep trouble are you?

As for these tyoe of players some would like us to buy, well no if we do buy from lower league it has to be either exceptional or young up and coming not 24 year old who might do a job! in my view, anothe Redmond would be the ticket, we missed out on one player I would have loved here and that''s Nick Powell who ended up at Man U.