Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Negativity

WhyWe go 2-3 weeks without any negativity. We sign some decent players and have been linked with a lot of decent prospectsAll of a sudden Sky Sports news print an article about Ruddy with no sources at all and we have people saying we will be relegated.Some Norwich fans do make me laugh!

Whilst I wouldn''t obviously want to lose Ruddy, saying we''re relegated if we do really is a bit too far.Having watched the season review DVD Bunn actually did okay, and kept us in a lot of games, I think he suffered a bit from chopping and changing in the central defensive pairing a bit, which didn''t help.And obviously we would buy another keeper anyway.Pants dry here.

I''m guessing this is somewhat directed at me. I never said I think we would get relegated if we sell Ruddy but I think we would if we used Bunn as our number one. Yes he was good for us last season but just isn''t anywhere near as good as Ruddy.

It''s not just the Ruddy situation it''s anything related to Norwich.We do seem to be a club who have a lot of supporters who are ready to throw in the towel far too early.Does puzzle me when we have such a strong fanbase, board and team !

And nah I''m not directing it at you Morison.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it was just a post which is very similiar to the hundreds we''ve had about Holt / Lack of Goalscorers / Lack of a decent Centre Back etc etcI mean this thread during our period of  being "relegation favorites" last season was unreadable and don''t get me started on the Hughton outersWe seem to thrive off being negative about ourselves.Well.. some of us do.

One thing about Bunn which does worry me. I think people took attention of his size at the end and were shooting from distance which caused us some problems. I do want a bigger man between the sticks if we can.

Ruddy has been the most instantly recognisable and lauded talent in our squad, and to lose him when we''re supposed to focus on strengthening is a massive setback. We''d have to rethink our transfer strategy to find a suitable replacement that we hadn''t expected to look for. We might not even find anyone on even close to the same level this transfer window.Also it could potentially affect any ongoing negotiations we have with players such as Toivonen. Why would they sign if they see we''re losing our best players?

...meant to say that those are the reasons I''m negative.  I''m sure we''ve all considered the points I''ve made but they still give me an uneasy feeling coming into this new season.If John wants to go and gets the chance then I''m more than happy for him.  He''s been a top professional, fantastic for us as a spokesperson and role model, and has a young family that''ll love the opportunities he''ll get (and will be able to afford) if he makes his move.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Why

We go 2-3 weeks without any negativity. We sign some decent players and have been linked with a lot of decent prospects

All of a sudden Sky Sports news print an article about Ruddy with no sources at all and we have people saying we will be relegated.

Some Norwich fans do make me laugh!
[/quote]

I saw what you did there. Started yet another thread on Ruddy and called it something else. Very clever.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]We do seem to be a club who have a lot of supporters who are ready to throw in the towel far too early.[/quote]LMFTFY We do seem to be a club who have a lot of messageboard users who are ready to throw in the towel far too early.

Do any of you really think we have more negative message board uses than any other club? Have you done some kind of comparison? It seems to me that we have a broad spectrum of personalities that reflect society at large. You will always get people who react differently to situations than yourself.

[quote user="Chip20"]Do any of you really think we have more negative message board uses than any other club? Have you done some kind of comparison? It seems to me that we have a broad spectrum of personalities that reflect society at large. You will always get people who react differently to situations than yourself.[/quote]Think the main problem I have is daily, as someone who lives outside of the Norfolk bubble, I meet supporters of all the top clubs in the Prem / Championship.So many fans come up to me on match day, when I''m wearing my shirt at the pub / sports bar / in the shop and talk about how brilliantly we are doing.They all have really good words to say about us and note how good our support is / how well the club is run.I remember a particular evening as I was leaving the sports bar after we had beaten United being approached by a variety of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs supporters who were all Londoners. They didn''t have a bad word to say about us or the players... yet I log on here and it seems every day someone is having a pop at the club !

Although I also find it annoying, I don''t think we are unique.

I''ve followed links on this site to message boards for Villa, Leeds, Everton, Stoke etc and they all have their own versions of our moaners. It''s just the kind of person that is attracted to a football message board I guess.

We''ve been nailed on for relegation since our non-league effort at the Norfolk Show.

Ruddy saw the Chelsea Flower Show on TV and I think that''s what''s turned his head. He''ll do whatever he can to cultivate a move now that the seed has been planted.