Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Will Ruddy Go for £10M?

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"]Reporter on SSN said negotiations are ongoing and it looks like it could be a goer.[/quote]

This is the course of the negotiation -Chelsea - "£5m?"NCFC -  "No."Chelsea - "£6m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£7m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£8m?"NCFC - "No"This negotiation has a long way to go if it is going to end with yes.    Buy RVW for £8m and let your goalkeeper go for £8m??  Sounds like robbing Peter to pay Paul, or whatever the expression is.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This is the course of the negotiation -Chelsea - "£5m?"NCFC -  "No."Chelsea - "£6m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£7m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£8m?"NCFC - "No - make us a real offer"Chelsea - "How Much"NCFC - "12m and Josh McEachran"Chelsea - "Sold"NCFC - "Thanks very much"[/quote]Edited for you LDC [:D]

I am really suprised at this, cant beleive ruddy would be interested in this tbh, especially after the injury hit season last year.

Ruddy needs to play this year not be on the bench, god knows he did enough of that at everton.

The guy on sky just now seemed pretty convinced this deal has legs. I can only assume its ruddy forcing it through as i cant beleve the club want to sell.

£3m down is an insult, especially if the rest is based on appearences unless its £1m per game.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]This is the course of the negotiation -Chelsea - "£5m?"NCFC -  "No."Chelsea - "£6m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£7m?"NCFC - "No"Chelsea - "£8m?"NCFC - "No - make us a real offer"Chelsea - "How Much"NCFC - "12m and Josh McEachran"Chelsea - "Sold"NCFC - "Thanks very much"[/quote]Edited for you LDC [:D][/quote]

That would be better, but would just rather we said  - "He''s not for sale".

If Lukaku isn''t part of the deal plus significant cash then absolutely no deal should be considered.

We don''t need the money why would we even be considering this prospect???

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We don''t need the money why would we even be considering this prospect???[/quote]Where does everyone get this idea from???Just because we may well have paid off the majority of our debts (aside from what''s owed to Smith and Jones), that doesn''t mean we are suddenly that affluent that we can tell the rest of the league to stuff their money!In order to stay in this league we will need to consistently spend on new players, some of which may well need to be financed by the sale of existing players should a bigger club come knocking and be willing to pay through the nose.Ruddy is no doubt a big player for us, but he''s also not indispensable, nor is it a situation where there aren''t good keepers out there who could replace him either, especially when you consider how well Bunn did for a large part of last season (not saying he''s as good as Ruddy, but he''s not a million miles away either).Any sort of offer of 10-12 million would have to be taken VERY seriously (and I doubt we''d turn it down tbh), and we would likely spend about a quarter to a third of that figure signing a suitable replacement, and either way represents an huge profit whilst increasing our overall funds for the next season or so.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]I can''t see Ruddy wanting to be Petr Cech''s understudy when he is in the prime of his career.  Plus, next year is World Cup year and if Ruddy stays with us playing regular Premier League football (and England qualify, of course) he''ll almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil.  He won''t get noticed sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge.[/quote]

Why don''t you just **** *** and go and "support" another team?

I know Lincoln is a sh!thole, but don''t take it out on the club

As I''ve previously mentioned I actually believe he stands a better chance sitting on the bench for Chelsea and playi g the odd game as opposed to playing week in week out for us. It''s sad but true.[/quote][/quote]

Sorry to offend you dick. But it''s very much the reality. He''ll be more fasionable for England being on the books at chelsea. Your naive to think otherwise.

I wouldn''t sell for anything less than 12million. He is the same if not higher level to Mignolet and is BRITISH! That alone makes a huge difference to top sides like Chelsea due to rules etc.. Whether Ruddy would favour this move, I would expect him to give it a shot as top 4 sides often keep their no1 keepers for long term. Therefore he may never get another chance to push Cech out and become one of the best keepers in the world competing in the worlds best competitions as a no1.

If Mourinho really wants him bad enough, he normally gets what he wants. Just hope we get a good return for him. £££ plus Lukaku would be nice.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We don''t need the money why would we even be considering this prospect???[/quote]
Where does everyone get this idea from???

Just because we may well have paid off the majority of our debts (aside from what''s owed to Smith and Jones), that doesn''t mean we are suddenly that affluent that we can tell the rest of the league to stuff their money!

In order to stay in this league we will need to consistently spend on new players, some of which may well need to be financed by the sale of existing players should a bigger club come knocking and be willing to pay through the nose.
[/quote]

Anything less than £12m for the basic fee, I would say no thanks.  Its going to cost quite a bit to get another good goalkeeper.

From player perspective, he has to weigh up short and long term objectives; If he goes now it will jeopardise his chances of making the WC squad next summer due to lack of games. However, this may be his one chance to go to a Top 4 side and if he is assured of being long term replacement of Cech this may be too good to turn down, Also whatever we think, loyalty does not go as a far as potentially trebling your salary. If he wants to go we will struggle to keep him, and 10-12m will seal it.

From the club, if we sell for that amount, I think we can use 40-50% of that for a replacement, maybe look at someone like McCarthy at Reading, cant be no more than 4-5m.

We will have to get used to  a revolving door if we stay established in PL as the type of players we are now signing like RVW and Redmond will see us as a stepping stone to the very top clubs, which, in turn will allow us to lift our quality each summer.

I don''t want big JR to go. On balance, I think that he will stay. However, If we were currently in need of a new ''keeper and rumours were abound that McNally was considering a £10m swoop for one (albeit an England No. 2 even) I suspect that this Forum might go into meltdown with protestations of just how much more usefully the money could be spent, of how this sum is too big a slice of the transfer budget and even of how we are in danger of going the route of Portsmouth and others.

It would likely be seen as an extravagance too far. Ten million for a goalkeeper? Are they mad?

Now a fair proportion of us want Chelsea''s advances to be rebuffed whatever the cost to our coffers. How far we have come in so short a time and how much the TV money changed perspective. 

As an aside, I have never quite understood why goalkeepers should always be so relatively undervalued in the market, but perhaps this is changing. 

Delia to Chelsea owner (in the voice of Liam Nesson)

"£7 Million?? You come to this ''county'', take advantage of the system and think because we are tolerant that we are weak and helpless. Your arrogance offends me. And for that the price just went up 50%."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydzVCGZtF-Y

The board have constantly stated that we are no longer a selling club, which surprised when it was reported that after the first offer the reply seems to have been 10 million, why put a going price on his head ?Anyway Chelski seem to be no where near that price  http://footylatest.com/chelsea-hoping-new-7-million-bid-will-persuade-norwich-city-to-sell/45914I cannot see it being of any benefit to Ruddy if he''s looking to get in the World Cup squad unless he''s just looking at the $

The story is obviously not based on very solid fact. I admit i think there will be interest, but this talk of a £5m offer and £10m asking price is pure speculation.

To be fair to Forster he''s not that far behind Ruddy. Ruddy has developed here into a fantastic keeper and not suprised Chelsea are sniffing given that Cech is 31 and probably slowly on the decline. Given the injuries to both keepers last season it would make sense for Chelsea to have three quality keepers.

Hope that he stays though.

Todays quote from Hughton:

Hughton also made it clear Norwich are not interested in offloading their best players with persistent speculation around the futures of John Ruddy and Grant Holt. Hughton had a simple response when questioned if the club had received a firm bid for either.

“No, and probably if there was I wouldn’t say .

Now, relax.

I love Fernado Develd said "I don''t know why everyone is so bothered. Remember Fraser Forster was loads better than him according to ths message board 2 years ago. He must be really good now. Lets sell Ruddy and buy him! "

Slight drawback with this idea is that first you have to persuade Celtic to sell, which is about as likely as getting them to sell Hooper last January.

When Grant Holt handed in a transfer request David McNally said "he is not for sale at any price". He hasn''t offered a rebuttal on twitter, hasn''t said "Ruddy isn''t for sale". Ruddy in the meantime hasn''t said anything at all on twitter. Would be easy for either of them to have put out the flames, but they haven''t, so I will consider him gone. 
I can only guess that Ruddy insisted on a minimum fee release clause in his contract, because surely an ambitious debt free club wouldn''t accept £10m for their best player (yes, our best player) unless there was good reason. Anybody else feeling the clause theory? 

looks like he has a choice to make then, Either more cash in the bank or his career. If he goes to Chelsea he will be financially better off but that will be the last we hear of him, He won''t get the number 1 spot and will spend his time on the bench.

If he goes, and it''s still a big if, he obviously fancies himself dethroning Petr Cech, he''s got to have confidence in himself and if that were to happen we cannot begrudge him the move, hope he stays though!

If Ruddy does go I can''t see him going until we find a replacement for Steer, as Rudd is going to be away on a season long loan at Preston next season.

It is worrying about the silence, but even the Chelsea fans say that it is a good move for Chelsea, but a bad one for John Ruddy. They think Courteios (sp?) will be the mutts nuts next season when he is back off loan, cos they think that will be the ideal time to replace Cech.

Is it all about the £ John?

Where''s the ''hambition'' John?

If Chelsea make a half-decent offer, I''d be absolutely amazed if Ruddy stayed.

1. Would likely earn 3 or 4 times as much as he does now.

2. Being Chelsea No. 2 would be better for his England chances than being Norwich No. 1.

3. Better chance of winning League/FA Cup.

4. Ruddy himself has learned this year that if the No 1 goalie gets injured, there''s a real chance for the No. 2 to show what he can do.

5. When he turns out as England sub, he''ll no longer have the Chelski set telling how they''re coining about six or eight times what he is earning.

Chelsea will prob win title next year and of he gets to make a few appearances he may well get his hands on A prem winners medal. Failing that he may at least get long run in cups and get trophy that way. That along with massive pay rise must be enough to make him want to go.