Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Will Ruddy Go for £10M?

Am 100% confident he will be our keeper next season. We dont need or want to sell, and i cant see him wanting to go there and sit on the bench in a season where he needs to be playing to cement his world cup squad place.

Even though I''m very worried about what could happen if he does go, I can''t really see him going - I read in the paper about Chelsea''s first bid but Hughton said that we wanted to keep our best players here and that unfortunately Ruddy falls into that category. In other words I think that he''s saying Ruddy is not for sale

I also believe that if RvW turns out how we''re hoping and Ruddy stays, we could make a top half finish with Ruddy at the back and Ricky up front

I can''t see Ruddy wanting to be Petr Cech''s understudy when he is in the prime of his career.  Plus, next year is World Cup year and if Ruddy stays with us playing regular Premier League football (and England qualify, of course) he''ll almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil.  He won''t get noticed sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge.

I cant believe some people ITT think he will actually go for £10 million. More like £6-8 million at the most!

I really can''t see this one or why anyone (including Chelsea would think it likely to happen)

1) We don''t need the money

2) Ruddy is in the prime of his life with a world cup year coming up.

3) Apparently Courtois is too good to be a number 2 according to Chelsea. How much of a put down does any player need ?

4) Ruddy with another year under his belt would be worth probably more and will be able to get a number 1 gig at a top club

So jog on Chelsea nothing to see here.

I cannot see how a move would be in anybodys interests this summer. 

If Mignolet is considered worth £11m, then goodness knows what Ruddy''s market value is! Got to be £15m+? Even for that we should not sell as he spreads so much confidence throughout the team.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]If Mignolet is considered worth £11m, then goodness knows what Ruddy''s market value is! Got to be £15m+? Even for that we should not sell as he spreads so much confidence throughout the team.[/quote]So Ruddy is worth 15mil+ what is Begovic worth? The few times I''ve seen him he looks head and shoulders above Ruddy. The only thing Ruddy has on his side is the fact he''s English.

[quote user="FatGrant"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]If Mignolet is considered worth £11m, then goodness knows what Ruddy''s market value is! Got to be £15m+? Even for that we should not sell as he spreads so much confidence throughout the team.[/quote]So Ruddy is worth 15mil+ what is Begovic worth? The few times I''ve seen him he looks head and shoulders above Ruddy. The only thing Ruddy has on his side is the fact he''s English.[/quote]He''s English!? Better be no less than £20mill then.In all seriousness, £12mill would be a minimum. Ruddy is a huge part of our side and a major catalyst for our improved performances last season. I know some people see him as ''just'' a keeper, but he''s England''s #1 prospect keeper and the lynchpin of our defence.

Metro claiming Chelsea are about to come back in with a second offer of £7m. Not even close to being enough and I really doubt Ruddy is prepared to go anywhere to sit on the bench again.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/03/chelsea-hope-to-finally-sign-john-ruddy-with-new-7million-offer-3867994/?

Chelsea hope to finally land John Ruddy this week by going back with a fresh £7million offer for the Norwich goalkeeper.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho wants Ruddy as a back-up to first-choice Petr Cech, having released Ross Turnbull and Hilario, and allowed Thibaut Courtois to return to Atletico Madrid on loan.

Chelsea opened the bidding at £5m last week, but Norwich immediately rejected that offer and slapped a £10m price tag on the 26-year-old.

The Canaries are open to doing business as they believe they have a cast-iron replacement in Mark Bunn, who impressed when Ruddy was injured last season.

Seal of approval: Roy Hodgson, centre, is a fan of Ruddy, left (Picture: Getty)

However, they are refusing to be bullied into a deal, and have told Chelsea they are going to have to do much better.

Mourinho is keen for a quick conclusion to the move, and will return to the negotiating table with a £7m bid this week.

Ruddy is yet to make up his mind on the switch, as he is wary about not playing during a World Cup year, having become a favourite of England boss Roy Hodgson.

But he is likely to be rewarded handsomely at Stamford Bridge, with a £35,000-a-week pay rise on the cards as part of a three-year deal.

Chelsea are still pursuing Napoli striker Edinson Cavani and Vitesse Arnhem pass-master Marco van Ginkel, while a £12m bid for Sporting Lisbon’s Bruma went in this week.

[quote user="FatGrant"]I cant believe some people ITT think he will actually go for £10 million. More like £6-8 million at the most!
[/quote]

Then quite simply he wouldn''t be let go - not that we would be selling him anyway

(And as for your observation about his value, sounds like you haven''t spent an awful amount of time watching the Canaries)

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Blues boss Jose Mourinho wants Ruddy as a back-up to first-choice Petr Cech, having released Ross Turnbull and Hilario, and allowed Thibaut Courtois to return to Atletico Madrid on loan. As back up to PC - then what, as back up to TC when he comes back? tee hee

The Canaries are open to doing business obviously CH and DM saying "NO" has been interpreted differently in London to the rest of the country as they believe they have a cast-iron replacement in Mark Bunn, ho ho ho, ha, ha, ha who impressed when Ruddy was injured last season.

Mourinho is keen for a quick conclusion to the move, and will return to the negotiating table with a £7m bid this week. Ruddy is yet to make up his mind on the switch, and you know this how? as he is wary about not playing during a World Cup year, basically confirming that he would be sitting on the bench all season having become a favourite of England boss Roy Hodgson - he''s now a favourite of Woy - really? But he is likely to be rewarded handsomely at Stamford Bridge, with a £35,000-a-week pay rise on the cards as part of a three-year deal. Please note the "cast iron" terminology used - "likely to be" and "on the cards" - well it must be nearly / almost / possibly / maybe / definite then! [/quote]

For those of a nervous disposition, I have amended part of Mr B''s text above with some observations in red. However, the main observation I have is one of surprise - surprised that the Metro run with a story from a trainee journalist who has been allowed out without any adult supervision!

I don''t know if it''s wishful thinking, but I don''t think this will happen. I don''t think Chelsea will go as high as £10m and I don''t think we''ll take anything under.

He''s worth more to us than they''ll want to pay. I hope.

I''m of the camp that doesn''t think he is as good as everyone here thinks. He''s a very good keeper, but not as good as the myth suggests. And I think £10m (or even £8m) is a great price for him.

Just my tuppence. :)

Sell Ruddy for 8 mil and have Van Ginkel, Lukaku (or similar) on loan for a year for free as part of the deal!

I''d take that. There''s plenty of good enough Goalies on the market who would jump at the chance to come to Naaridge.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I can''t see Ruddy wanting to be Petr Cech''s understudy when he is in the prime of his career.  Plus, next year is World Cup year and if Ruddy stays with us playing regular Premier League football (and England qualify, of course) he''ll almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil.  He won''t get noticed sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge.[/quote]

As I''ve previously mentioned I actually believe he stands a better chance sitting on the bench for Chelsea and playi g the odd game as opposed to playing week in week out for us. It''s sad but true.

Most of us wouldn''t be overly happy with Bunn being first choice next season,so who is out there that could fill Big John''s boots and wouldn''t take all the money we get in??

It''s not easy and personally we should fight tooth and nail to keep him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]I can''t see Ruddy wanting to be Petr Cech''s understudy when he is in the prime of his career.  Plus, next year is World Cup year and if Ruddy stays with us playing regular Premier League football (and England qualify, of course) he''ll almost certainly be on the plane to Brazil.  He won''t get noticed sitting on the bench at Stamford Bridge.[/quote]

Why don''t you just **** *** and go and "support" another team?

I know Lincoln is a sh!thole, but don''t take it out on the club

As I''ve previously mentioned I actually believe he stands a better chance sitting on the bench for Chelsea and playi g the odd game as opposed to playing week in week out for us. It''s sad but true.[/quote]

There are rumours that the first bid was in stages, and that we would not have received the whole amount initially. If it was on games played, it was doubly a poor offer.

If the new offer is on this basis, £8m, with some to come later, I would tell them to take a running jump

[quote user="FatGrant"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]If Mignolet is considered worth £11m, then goodness knows what Ruddy''s market value is! Got to be £15m+? Even for that we should not sell as he spreads so much confidence throughout the team.[/quote]

So Ruddy is worth 15mil+ what is Begovic worth? The few times I''ve seen him he looks head and shoulders above Ruddy. The only thing Ruddy has on his side is the fact he''s English.
[/quote]

And what exactly have you got on your side? Binner!

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]I can''t believe so many posters are saying £10 million is a good price. Yes, he''s a goalkeeper but he has a very long contract. Is his value going to increase or decrease in the next season or two? Let''s keep hold of him and sell him on for a higher price in a couple of years if he wants to go. It would be really short-sighted to let him go now.
[/quote]

Unless we finish top 4, or maybe win a cup in which he''s MOM in a few games along the run, I don''t see Ruddy''s value changing at all.  He''s highly unlikely to dislodge Hart from the England no.1 jersey, especially as he''s playing for a top team and also CL.  Also, when you consider one of the games top goalkeeping prospects, De Gea, he moved to Man U for around 16mil and he was under 20. 

If all this transfer speculation/bids etc had happened 4 or 5 weeks ago, we could''ve got Steklenberg who''d have been a good replacement and for a good price.  However, I can''t for 1 second believe that we can''t replace Ruddy with someone as good, or better for £10mil...

[/quote]

Let''s have some names then.

[/quote]

Dave, Bob, Steve...

Its irrelevant what names I suggest, everyone has an opinion, and its CH''s and his teams opinion that counts, I don''t study every league in world football, but our scouts will have.  If there is any hint of professionalism in the club, they will have already identified potential targets. 

If I suggest Gianluigi Buffon or Carlo Nash, it doesn''t have any effect on who we sign.  As I said, there will be adequet replacements out there, who can fill Ruddy''s boots for £10million... 

[/quote]

For one who apparently knows so much, it seems you know very little.