Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

John Ruddy must stay

Despite sky sources suggestions David McNally has just tweeted he hasn''t been in talks with anyone about any player leaving

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Just spotted this - posted 10 mins ago by  David McNally:

david mcnally @davidmcnally62

Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets.Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving

[/quote]
Soooo.
He hasn''t spoke to anyone this afternoon but might have done at some other point.
He hasn''t spoken to more than one club
But more than one is leaving

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think Ruddy''s as good as gone.[/quote]

Row D''s other insights"We won''t beat West Brom. We won''t beat Man City. We will be relegated because we deserve to be relegated"plus"Norwich 1-1 West Brom

Man City 4-0 Norwich

...are my predictions. Don''t think the Reading game is a formality

like everyone thinks it will be. My predictions see us getting two more

points and probably relegated on 37 points.

Don''t think we will win again this season."
or"I genuinely think we will go down and our record signing RVW will score

plenty in the first half of next season in the Championship and be sold

on to a PL or European club in January 2014.

"
even"Norwich

QPR

Reading

are going down! Sorry if this isn''t what many of you really brilliantly happy and deliriously positive people want to here."
and"I think we will go down. Why should I keep that to myself"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]
He may have denied an approach, but he hasn''t denied that Ruddy or his agent has said that he wants out? I just hope that it isn''t true, because I thought he had more sense than that. We even have the England goalkeeping coach here.

[/quote]

I haven''t seen Hughton deny an approach, He has only denied that Chelsea have made a formal offer or bid.Norwich City manager Chris Hughton insisted he has not received any bids for his star players, including reported Chelsea target John Ruddy. Hughton has dismissed claims of a bid, but suggested that any negotiations the club are involved in would not be made public in any case. "No [there have not been any bids], and probably if there were I wouldn''t say it," he told reporters. "The best way is to conduct business behind closed doors. "If there has been interest in our players then that is a plus as far as I am concerned because we must be doing something right."And you can read that between the lines as an acknowledgement that Chelsea have made an approach.

[/quote]
Not sure if it is quite that clear forward, but that certainly can''t be taken any more as a denial than it can as an acknowledgement, for me that says nothing at all. 
What does speak louder than words though is the complete silence from John Ruddy and David McNally on twitter. I know that McNally wouldn''t want to respond to every rumour but the flames are getting very big and I''d have expected an attempt to extinguish a few of them by now if there was nothing in it at all.
One thing that I have noticed is that the club hasn''t released any ''pre-season'' photos, many other clubs have shown their players back at training. Could it be that if they did release photos from this week there may have been a player, or two, noticeable in their absence? 

[/quote]

What is not straight-forward about what I posted? I said Hughton hasn''t denied that there been an approach and he hasn''t denied that. I said you can read between the lines of what he said that he is acknowledging there has been some kind of approach, and you can read that between those lines.

[/quote]
Does Purple Canary become Red Canary when he is angry? I''m just saying that you can perceive his quotes to mean either one of two different things. 

Hughton also made it clear Norwich are not interested in offloading their best players with persistent speculation around the futures of John Ruddy and Grant Holt. Hughton had a simple response when questioned if the club had received a firm bid for either.

“No, and probably if there was I wouldn’t say

I wonder if the red is in quite the right place?

No, and probably if there was I wouldn''t say............

Sky Sources = fans reactions and rumours, thats the true source of Sky Sources..................I''d rather trust our own CEO''s words than some other clubs fans rumours.