Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

John Ruddy must stay

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"] If they are going to play him then fair enough for the lad, otherwise I think he''ll in all likelihood be kissing his career goodbye.[/quote]
You know what, I''d kiss ANY career goodbye if someone offered me 10 mil or more to do so...
[/quote]

Me too, but then I don''t earn the sort of money John Ruddy does. If I was earning over 500K a year in wages, actually playing, doing the job I love, chance of going to the world cup aswell as a huge likelihood of a big transfer in the future. I''d stay put.

[/quote]

Also, if the decision is based on money you have to think of the lucrative sponsorship and endorsement deals Ruddy will get as a regular member of the England squad. He''ll have none of that if he sits on Chelsea ''s bench.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Me too, but then I don''t earn the sort of money John Ruddy does. If I was earning over 500K a year in wages, actually playing, doing the job I love, chance of going to the world cup aswell as a huge likelihood of a big transfer in the future. I''d stay  put.[/quote]You tell yourself that, but until you''re genuinely faced with the option of someone paying you 5 or 6 TIMES that amount a year, you might suddenly feel a bit differently about it.There''s very few players that genuinely could resist that sort of money for doing the exact same job but at a different team, and whilst those players may go on to be club ''legends'', they could also find themselves far worse off financially than the forgotten men who took the money and ran with it...

I don''t understand why people think Ruddy will have a better chance of going to the World Cup while at Norwich?

Unfortunately, the England management always look at the top 4 clubs when it comes to players and always turn a blind eye to all the "lesser teams" players. Even if Ruddy only plays in a few Premier League games, and starts the Fa Cup and Capital Cup matches he will still get picked for England. Thats just the way it is and is why we are always going to fail at major tournaments.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Me too, but then I don''t earn the sort of money John Ruddy does. If I was earning over 500K a year in wages, actually playing, doing the job I love, chance of going to the world cup aswell as a huge likelihood of a big transfer in the future. I''d stay  put.[/quote]
You tell yourself that, but until you''re genuinely faced with the option of someone paying you 5 or 6 TIMES that amount a year, you might suddenly feel a bit differently about it.

There''s very few players that genuinely could resist that sort of money for doing the exact same job but at a different team, and whilst those players may go on to be club ''legends'', they could also find themselves far worse off financially than the forgotten men who took the money and ran with it...
[/quote]

It''s a fair point, however I haven''t always taken jobs just because they pay more especially if it''s going to negatively affect me and my families life, although money is undoubtedly important there are other considerations, unless your someone who just goes for the cash everytime.

The job is''nt exactly the same either, It''s likely he''ll be No2. If that''s not the case and Cech is on his way or Ruddy has been told he''s likely to have a realistic chance of being a first choice at Chelsea, then fair enough take the cash as it''s win win for him.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]I don''t understand why people think Ruddy will have a better chance of going to the World Cup while at Norwich? Unfortunately, the England management always look at the top 4 clubs when it comes to players and always turn a blind eye to all the "lesser teams" players. Even if Ruddy only plays in a few Premier League games, and starts the Fa Cup and Capital Cup matches he will still get picked for England. Thats just the way it is and is why we are always going to fail at major tournaments.[/quote]

Ruddy is fighting it out with Forster, Foster, Butland (presuming he plays), Hart and McCarthy most of who will be first choices at their clubs. Hodgson didn''t pick him to take him to Brazil, I think it''s hightly likely that those players will be ahead of him if they are playing and he is not. Other positions i''d agree with you, but not goalkeeper.

I think the key factor would be us having the England GK coach, must count for something!!

John "The Benchwarmer" Ruddy. If they play darts at Chelsea, maybe John can use that nickname.

Mourinho being manager must be an almighty big pull in wanting to leave for Chelsea.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]John "The Benchwarmer" Ruddy. If they play darts at Chelsea, maybe John can use that nickname. Mourinho being manager must be an almighty big pull in wanting to leave for Chelsea.[/quote]

I bet they have those lovely heated seats in the dug out.

Let''s face it, if Chelsea were planning to replace Cech, it wouldn''t be with John Ruddy. No chance. He''s there to make up their home grown players, play league cup games and waste the next few years of his career before a cut price move to a newly promoted side.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Mourinho being manager must be an almighty big pull in wanting to leave for Chelsea.[/quote]I''d expect the 50K or more a week wages to be the bigger pull...Maybe if he moved he would ''waste'' 2-3 years of his overall career, but he''d come out of it a rich man in the process...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Mourinho being manager must be an almighty big pull in wanting to leave for Chelsea.[/quote]I''d expect the 50K or more a week wages to be the bigger pull...Maybe if he moved he would ''waste'' 2-3 years of his overall career, but he''d come out of it a rich man in the process...[/quote]And then a few years later he could sign for the latest version of QPR for even more cash...

John Ruddy would lose a bit of my respect if he went to Chelsea now, as I''ve always seem him as much more intelligent than that, I''d see it as a money-motivated move rather than a career-minded one. He is better of staying where he is until one of the bigger clubs has a vacancy for #1 spot. 

For example, Barcelona want Pepe Reina because Victor Valdes is leaving on a free transfer in one years time. That would be the time to go and join a big club who are slowly on the up, and would make him a serious contender to Joe Hart for the England jersey. If he goes to Chelsea then he may be well paid but he will end up sabotaging his England career and won''t be remembered for much other than being an occasional Chelsea keeper who fills in for League Cup games and European qualifiers against Skonto Riga. If he is lucky he might get a cup winners medal for playing the first few rounds of a cup competition. If this is true and he wants out to Chelsea, then just let him go and bring in Fraser Forster - would probably see Forster getting the England caps. 

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]
He may have denied an approach, but he hasn''t denied that Ruddy or his agent has said that he wants out? I just hope that it isn''t true, because I thought he had more sense than that. We even have the England goalkeeping coach here.

You have to trust Google translate, but this seems to be saying City may be close to signing Martin Olsson:

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/premier-league/olsson-ar-nara-en-flytt-till-premier-league/

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"] If they are going to play him then fair enough for the lad, otherwise I think he''ll in all likelihood be kissing his career goodbye.[/quote]You know what, I''d kiss ANY career goodbye if someone offered me 10 mil or more to do so...[/quote]

Me too, but then I don''t earn the sort of money John Ruddy does. If I was earning over 500K a year in wages, actually playing, doing the job I love, chance of going to the world cup aswell as a huge likelihood of a big transfer in the future. I''d stay put.

[/quote]
It''d be different if you''re in that position and money is involved.
Put it this way, you''re in a job you love getting paid £10 per hour.  Somebody offered you a job cleaning bogs for £50 per hour, would you take it?

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="IndyBones"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"] If they are going to play him then fair enough for the lad, otherwise I think he''ll in all likelihood be kissing his career goodbye.[/quote]You know what, I''d kiss ANY career goodbye if someone offered me 10 mil or more to do so...[/quote]

[/quote]
Put it this way, you''re in a job you love getting paid £10 per hour.  Somebody offered you a job cleaning bogs for £50 per hour, would you take it?
[/quote]
Not really the same though is it, more suitable question would be: You are in a job that you love getting paid as much as you could possibly need, somebody offered you a job that will probably frustrate you and make you feel unappreciated but will be paying you lots of extra money that you don''t need, would you take it? 

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think Ruddy''s as good as gone.[/quote]

Your saying that doesn''t surprise me, but CH has quite clearly said that there have been no bids for any player. This is speculative journalism without any basis in fact.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="IndyBones"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"] If they are going to play him then fair enough for the lad, otherwise I think he''ll in all likelihood be kissing his career goodbye.[/quote]You know what, I''d kiss ANY career goodbye if someone offered me 10 mil or more to do so...[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Not really the same though is it, more suitable question would be: You are in a job that you love getting paid as much as you could possibly need, somebody offered you a job that will probably frustrate you and make you feel unappreciated but will be paying you lots of extra money that you don''t need, would you take it? 
[/quote]
Pretty much the same thing.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]
He may have denied an approach, but he hasn''t denied that Ruddy or his agent has said that he wants out? I just hope that it isn''t true, because I thought he had more sense than that. We even have the England goalkeeping coach here.

[/quote]

I haven''t seen Hughton deny an approach, He has only denied that Chelsea have made a formal offer or bid.Norwich City manager Chris Hughton insisted he has not received any bids for his star players, including reported Chelsea target John Ruddy. Hughton has dismissed claims of a bid, but suggested that any negotiations the club are involved in would not be made public in any case. "No [there have not been any bids], and probably if there were I wouldn''t say it," he told reporters. "The best way is to conduct business behind closed doors. "If there has been interest in our players then that is a plus as far as I am concerned because we must be doing something right."And you can read that between the lines as an acknowledgement that Chelsea have made an approach.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t seen Hughton deny an approach, He has only denied that Chelsea have made a formal offer or bid.Norwich City manager Chris Hughton insisted he has not received any bids for his star players, including reported Chelsea target John Ruddy. Hughton has dismissed claims of a bid, but suggested that any negotiations the club are involved in would not be made public in any case. "No [there have not been any bids], and probably if there were I wouldn''t say it," he told reporters. "The best way is to conduct business behind closed doors. "If there has been interest in our players then that is a plus as far as I am concerned because we must be doing something right."And you can read that between the lines as an acknowledgement that Chelsea have made an approach.

[/quote]
Not sure if it is quite that clear forward, but that certainly can''t be taken any more as a denial than it can as an acknowledgement, for me that says nothing at all. 
What does speak louder than words though is the complete silence from John Ruddy and David McNally on twitter. I know that McNally wouldn''t want to respond to every rumour but the flames are getting very big and I''d have expected an attempt to extinguish a few of them by now if there was nothing in it at all.
One thing that I have noticed is that the club hasn''t released any ''pre-season'' photos, many other clubs have shown their players back at training. Could it be that if they did release photos from this week there may have been a player, or two, noticeable in their absence? 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]
Not sure if it is quite that clear forward.
[/quote]
straight forward I mean''t.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not sure if it is quite that clear forward, but that certainly can''t be taken any more as a denial than it can as an acknowledgement, for me that says nothing at all. 
What does speak louder than words though is the complete silence from John Ruddy and David McNally on twitter. I know that McNally wouldn''t want to respond to every rumour but the flames are getting very big and I''d have expected an attempt to extinguish a few of them by now if there was nothing in it at all.
One thing that I have noticed is that the club hasn''t released any ''pre-season'' photos, many other clubs have shown their players back at training. Could it be that if they did release photos from this week there may have been a player, or two, noticeable in their absence? 
[/quote]
I think Hughton has sort of answered that one.  If some sort of contact has already been made.
"The best way is to conduct business behind closed doors".

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]CH again has denied any approach [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is not straight-forward about what I posted? I said Hughton hasn''t denied that there been an approach and he hasn''t denied that. I said you can read between the lines of what he said that he is acknowledging there has been some kind of approach, and you can read that between those lines.

Just spotted this - posted 10 mins ago by  David McNally:

david mcnally @davidmcnally62

Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets.Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving