Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

"Ruddy Interested in Chelsea"

Ya know what is funny even though he is already in the England fold he probably would get FARRRR more mention for being the England goalie being Chelsea''s back up compared to being at small club Norwich pshhh

At 10 million, i''d be tempted to go a season with Bunn... get Nash and a youngster in on frees and spend most of the 10Million on a top player on top of what we currently have, if Bunn has a bad one we can get a diff keeper in January.

Why would he be a bench warmer?

I think he would be competing for a first team place very quickly and ultimately become their No.1 GK.

He is that good and thats why we shouldnt take less than 10 million for him.......and why he would of course be interested.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I think he would be competing for a first team place very quickly and ultimately become their No.1 GK.

He is that good and thats why we shouldnt take less than 10 million for him.......and why he would of course be interested.

[/quote]

wont break in this season imo, thats called bench warming. competing is not first choice.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

Clubs like Chelsea buy a new first team keeper when they need one (of course maybe Cech is on the way out), a promotion from No 2 at that type of club will imo never hold down a first team place for a prolonged period.

Shove a £15 mill price tag on him so if he does go it''s bloody worth it.

I think it would impede on his development, look how far he''s come from Everton reserves simply through playing first team football on a regular basis.

Some are saying sell and buy Forster - don''t think he''s on the same level as Ruddy IMO.

[quote user="hogesar"]Shove a £15 mill price tag on him so if he does go it''s bloody worth it.

I think it would impede on his development, look how far he''s come from Everton reserves simply through playing first team football on a regular basis.

Some are saying sell and buy Forster - don''t think he''s on the same level as Ruddy IMO.[/quote]
Exactly, everybody has their price.
We do not need to sell so our bargaining position should be a price that is way over the odds. If Chelsea want to pay over the value for a back up keeper then so be it. What we receive can be used to buy an able replacement with the balance going to the transfer kitty.
That said I still think its not in his long term interests to be a bench warmer. If he is good enough even bigger bucks will come his way when a top club come in looking for a number one keeper.

IF (A big IF) Ruddy goes then £10 million is a huge fee for a keeper... we could easily get one as good as if not Better than Ruddy for that price too.. i''d take Vorm, or even look abroad.

I would imagine a release clause would be mentioned fairly sharpish if there is one - it seems unlikely unless it is this £10m figure that keeps being mentioned....and £10m for a keeper is a heck of a lot.

[quote user="Nicko"]yes we know. Already a thread on Ruddy pal[/quote]

Six altogether but who''s counting?

I thought hoots said today ruddy not going anywhere?

If this goes through i will be most dissapointed with him.

If so we need to bring in a top keeper, cant make do with bunn until jan im afraid

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Of course he''s interested. Who wouldn''t be realistically? But doesn''t mean we have to sell. Ruddy doesn''t strike me as a moaner if he doesn''t get his own way. Plus World Cup hopes would be dashed at Chelsea.[/quote]

I''ve been watching this club for 35 years and in that time we''ve yet to ever successfully stand in the way of any player who wanted to leave or indeed turn down big money. Its not a problem we''ve had for a while but going back a few years the struggle to keep our best players was one we faced each and every summer (it was 20 years ,last week that Chris Woods went to Rangers for a British transfer record for a goalkeeper).

If Chelsea want him enough...he''s gone.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Of course he''s interested. Who wouldn''t be realistically? But doesn''t mean we have to sell. Ruddy doesn''t strike me as a moaner if he doesn''t get his own way. Plus World Cup hopes would be dashed at Chelsea.[/quote]

I''ve been watching this club for 35 years and in that time we''ve yet to ever successfully stand in the way of any player who wanted to leave or indeed turn down big money. Its not a problem we''ve had for a while but going back a few years the struggle to keep our best players was one we faced each and every summer (it was 20 years ,last week that Chris Woods went to Rangers for a British transfer record for a goalkeeper).

If Chelsea want him enough...he''s gone.

[/quote]

*27 years

But the clubs never been in this position financialy so its unfair to say that.

The only way he will go is if he forces it and is unprofesional about things.

If he stops to think and listens to what im sure hoots will be telling him, he will stay at least another year.

Thn well get £15m for him :)

[quote user="clarkey1972"]But the clubs never been in this position financialy so its unfair to say that. The only way he will go is if he forces it and is unprofesional about things. If he stops to think and listens to what im sure hoots will be telling him, he will stay at least another year. Thn well get £15m for him :)[/quote]

are you saying that every player that has ever moved to a "bigger" club has been unprofessional?.....this is how transfers happen, a club makes it known they want a player , his head gets turned ....what follows is just football.

we''ve had it done to us many a time......but we will have done it to other clubs when signing their players too.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="clarkey1972"...but we will have done it to other clubs when signing their players too.

[/quote]
Yep, we have done it to Leeds several times. Snodgrass probably the best example. 

We do not have to sell.Mcnally has always said we will not sell anyone we did not want to and also said we are not a selling club.

[quote user="Felixfan"]We do not have to sell.Mcnally has always said we will not sell anyone we did not want to and also said we are not a selling club.[/quote]
True, but the old cliche goes, ''every player has a price''. However we are in the best position to say, ''you want him, you have to pay closer to what we say, not you''.

[quote user="Felixfan"]We do not have to sell.Mcnally has always said we will not sell anyone we did not want to and also said we are not a selling club.[/quote]
We would have to sell if Ruddy and his agent negotiated a release clause in his contract, and that isn''t entirely out of the question. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Felixfan"]We do not have to sell.Mcnally has always said we will not sell anyone we did not want to and also said we are not a selling club.[/quote]
We would have to sell if Ruddy and his agent negotiated a release clause in his contract, and that isn''t entirely out of the question. 
[/quote]
Bloody hell, say he has and it''s only about £5m.  Christ that''ll start the moaning off.

firstly, I''m sure if there was a release clause ,someone would have unearthed those details and reported it by now....if not our end almost certainly from Chelsea''s end?

secondly ,didnt he sign his last contract whilst we were still in the Championship?....I can''t think we would have included a release clause for someone we''d bought for 250k, had never played in the Premiership an was nowhere near the England squad?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I would imagine a release clause would be mentioned fairly sharpish if there is one - it seems unlikely unless it is this £10m figure that keeps being mentioned....and £10m for a keeper is a heck of a lot.[/quote]

Not when set against our Premier survival it isn''t!