Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Interesting price moves

Norwich to sign Hooper 7/4 thats a big drift outWigan to sign Holt 1/5 that looks pretty ominous for the keep Holt Fans .

Bookies know no more than any of us do, they just react to daft arse rumours and tweets, then manipulate the situation to take stupid peoples money off them.[:)]

Hooper was 1/3 or 1/4 to come here the other day wasn''t he? - I don''t (yet) see him here, so it doesn''t seem to follow that these things happen however short the odds might get.

As Morty says bookies are not in the know but merely react to what money punters are prepared to part with. If and i say if Ruddy were to leave admittedly Chelsea are favourites at 6/4 but can somebody explain how how Stoke and Hull are 14/1 yet his former club Everton who surely would be in with a bigger shout are 25/1 ?

[quote user="morty"]Bookies know no more than any of us do, they just react to daft arse rumours and tweets, then manipulate the situation to take stupid peoples money off them.[:)][/quote]unfortunately not, they would be bankrupt within the week if they carried on like thathowever I take your point about bookies not knowing any more than anyone else - they don''t need to, that''s not their jobtheir job is to balance the book, make sure that whatever the result they are ahead

one ''trick'' they do get up to is not explain to the terminally dim how a price is arrived at - ie balancing the bookand continue to allow the thickos to believe that odds are set by probability rather than money laid

I would also add that I''m sure that there are those on the betting sites (Betfair etc) that put out stuff then lay attractive odd reel in the numpties

Redkapp to poorman road was a classic - the more money that was bet on that the lower the odds went, and so the more money was bet ....... as the dimwits thought that the bookies ''must know something'' as they were lowering the odds I should imagine a huge amount ws made by the bookies - and some naughty folk on Betfair (so I''ve been told)

They can also do the opposite, make something 4/5 one day and 2/1 the next. Then people think they are getting good value at 2/1.