Sign in to follow this  
pete

Liverpool set the benchmark

Mingealot as second choice keeper cost Liverpool £9m as JR a better keeper and is English must be worth £10m. Tell Jose to bugger off until Roman can stump up £12m plus Lukaku on season loan. However still don''t want JR to leave but maybe inevitable.

Arguably Sunderland did with the signing of Craig Gordon (£9m?) although I doubt that Manchester United''s reported £18m for De Gea will be beaten for some time to come.

If, and it remains a big "if," Chelsea are offering £7m according to the latest rumours then I feel that they are at least £3m short.

A loan as a sweetener would be nice as well. Chelsea''s surplus ''squad'' is indeed a sweetshop for clubs like us. 

Keep your loans.

It would only lead to the problems West Brom have this season in filling the place of a player who was an integral part of their team last season who they received nothing for but somehow have to replace.

Let''s have our own.

Let''s face it, if RvW is a success this season and moves on, at least we will have a fat pay packet to find a replacement and not forced, as West Brom, to desperately look for a temporary replacement.

Although I have absolute faith in McNally I have a horrible feeling that we won''t be receiving the same fee that Sunderland and Liverpool paid for their keepers despite Chelsea''s unholy wealth.

£5M upfront with £2M in potential add ons which we''ll never see ...

I think you will find he is liverpools new no.1

They havent got a pot to pee in and dont spend £9m on reserve keepers!

Re. Ruddy mcnally is no idiot and doubt he will take a deal with add ons unless its a healthy sell on clause.

We want cash to replace him with now.

I would be interested in a loan coming the other way though with chelsea payingall the wages and no loan fee. It just enhances our squad now for free andallows us to spend more on a top keeper. Fraser forster would be my target but think it would cost us a similar fee to ruddy''s to get celtic to sell.

Its ironic that if this happened, it could see forster going to the world cup and ruddy watching it on tv!

[quote user="clarkey1972"]I think you will find he is liverpools new no.1

They havent got a pot to pee in and dont spend £9m on reserve keepers!

Re. Ruddy mcnally is no idiot and doubt he will take a deal with add ons unless its a healthy sell on clause.

We want cash to replace him with now.

I would be interested in a loan coming the other way though with chelsea payingall the wages and no loan fee. It just enhances our squad now for free andallows us to spend more on a top keeper. Fraser forster would be my target but think it would cost us a similar fee to ruddy''s to get celtic to sell.

Its ironic that if this happened, it could see forster going to the world cup and ruddy watching it on tv![/quote]

Sell Ruddy? Buy Forster?  I don''t get it.  Keep Ruddy, let Forster build his career somewhere else.  He''s been here once, if we were ever to get another goalkeeper it should be someone else.     Why people are so keen to sell on Ruddy, I can''t imagine.  Money?  Money isn''t the key to our development - keeping our good players is. 

Where did i say i wanted to sell ruddy?

I DONT just to be clear.

And as for forster, wtf wrong with bringing him back. Hes a quality keeper with plenty of experience who would be keen to come to the prem to progress his england chances.

I imagine he will have plenty of suitors, and being with us previously just might give us the edge to bag a top keeper.

I think we saw a glimpse of what JR is worth to our team when he returned (other than his kicking;) from injury. While Bunn did OK ...he''s no John Ruddy. Chelsea can afford to pay whatever fee is agreed upfront. Every player has a price, but JR is on a long contract and the very fact that Chelsea want him should speak volumes on how he is regarded.

Am I over simplifying it? ....pay up handsomely, in full, or no sale.

Frankly you can theorise all you want about it, if Ruddy fancies the move, thats pretty much the end of it.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Where did i say i wanted to sell ruddy?

I DONT just to be clear.

And as for forster, wtf wrong with bringing him back. Hes a quality keeper with plenty of experience who would be keen to come to the prem to progress his england chances.

I imagine he will have plenty of suitors, and being with us previously just might give us the edge to bag a top keeper.[/quote]

You may not "want" to sell him, but you seem quite happy with the idea that we should take cash for him at the right price.  I don''t "want" to sell him either, none of us do.   Some have a price that they would accept, but to my mind we should keep him as we are developing.  You don''t develop your team by selling your best players, at any cost.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Where did i say i wanted to sell ruddy?

I DONT just to be clear.

I imagine he will have plenty of suitors, and being with us previously just might give us the edge to bag a top keeper.[/quote]

You may not "want" to sell him, but you seem quite happy with the idea that we should take cash for him at the right price.  I don''t "want" to sell him either, none of us do.   Some have a price that they would accept, but to my mind we should keep him as we are developing.  You don''t develop your team by selling your best players, at any cost.

[/quote]

Agree and i wouldnt be happy to sell him either, wold be gutted but am a realist. The players had his head turned in my view and will lead to only outcome. So we move on.

It will come sown to a release clause or hoots view on ruddys attitude. Will he throw the toys out if told he has to see his contract out? I dont think he will tbh he doesnt seem the type.

[quote user="pete"]Mingealot as second choice keeper cost Liverpool £9m as JR a better keeper and is English must be worth £10m. Tell Jose to bugger off until Roman can stump up £12m plus Lukaku on season loan. However still don''t want JR to leave but maybe inevitable.[/quote]
Mingelot will become their new number 1, because Pepe Reina will go to Barcelona to replace Victor Valdes at the end of this season. He will be #2 for one year tops, and will probably be getting a fair bit of action to get him ready. They will probably end up selling Reina for a fair bit more than they have just paid for Mingelot. This would have been a much smarter move for Ruddy though, because one year as #2 is much different to three or four years behind Cech. 

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Keep your loans.

It would only lead to the problems West Brom have this season in filling the place of a player who was an integral part of their team last season who they received nothing for but somehow have to replace.

Let''s have our own.

Let''s face it, if RvW is a success this season and moves on, at least we will have a fat pay packet to find a replacement and not forced, as West Brom, to desperately look for a temporary replacement.[/quote]So let me get this straight, you''d rather we didn''t loan in someone of the quality of Lukaku who could help us break in to the top 10, because the season after we''d have to replace him? That makes no sense whatsoever because if West Brom didn''t loan in Lukaku, they''d have to sign someone to fill that strikers spot anyway. If we could get someone of the quality of Lukaku in that would be unreal

Mignolet will be first choice at Liverpool as already pointed out and also i think he has the edge on Ruddy but it is pretty marginal. Ruddy is horrifically underrated by people really has blossomed into a good keeper.

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]Mignolet will be first choice at Liverpool as already pointed out and also i think he has the edge on Ruddy but it is pretty marginal. Ruddy is horrifically underrated by people really has blossomed into a good keeper.[/quote]
I think Forster is underrated by Norwich fans too though, and he''d be a sufficient replacement for Ruddy should the worst happen. 

Forster really is no Ruddy. We have moved on now, if Ruddy does go I would want someone better that Fraser.Sorry but we''re not settling for "sufficient" any more.