Sign in to follow this  
Theyellowwolf

Ruddy's successor (what if?)

We should be trying to get Forster before even considering selling Ruddy. Forster will be a better keeper than Ruddy IMO.

Keep with theme of looking at players with connections to Holland. Jeroen Zoet, my mate who lives there always raving about him and says the next big Dutch Goalkeeper. Sunderland were after him also.

22 year old PSV stopper.

If Ruddy goes, and I suspect that Chelsea have already dangled enough carrots in front of him, negotiations or not, that I hope we can establish two things:

We don''t to have to add to any proceeds in order to sign an equally good keeper.

We are not hoping to make a massive profit by signings some clearly inferior, or promoting Bunn.

I think it quite possible that Chelsea will pin us down to payments by instalments, so I would be surprised if we receive more than £5-6m, and if the add-ons depend on appearances they may not amount to much.

Like other big bullies, their publicity machine has been treating the media with talks of bids and negotiations, when apparently neither has happened yet. In so doing they will have unsettled Ruddy and he may not even be worth keeping on in defiance of Chelsea. What power the very big clubs have - money and magnetism!

Just to throw another name into the hat: how about Adam Bogdan (Bolton)? Same age and height as Ruddy with international and Prem experience and potential to develop. Price could be probably a lot less than what we''d get for Ruddy.

Budapest Canary wrote the following post at 07/07/2013 8:57 AM:

Just to throw another name into the hat: how about Adam Bogdan (Bolton)? Same age and height as Ruddy with international and Prem experience and potential to develop. Price could be probably a lot less than what we''d get for Ruddy.

............. just nowhere as good and not really a very good keeper.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Budapest Canary wrote the following post at 07/07/2013 8:57 AM:

............. just nowhere as good and not really a very good keeper.[/quote]Voted as POTS for Bolton in 2011/12, so he must have shown some quality. But indeed: Ruddy would be very difficult to replace by someone as good as.

Adler, Guzan, Ter Stegen and Leno aren''t realistic options.

Forster, McCarthy and Fabianski are more realistic but the latter is known as Flapianski for how much he flaps at crosses