Sign in to follow this  
Theyellowwolf

Ruddy's successor (what if?)

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]Just to chuck a name into the mix: Rob Green?[/quote]

I doubt we could get him off his contract.  Wasn''t he on £50k when he signed for QPR?  The thought had crossed my mind too about Green, but I doubt he''d be a popular choice.

Moyes has today stated that Rooney will stay. I wonder if we are going to hear anything more direct than we have so far from Ncfc.....

In fairness to green, he got a move back to the prem where his ability belonged and we got decent money for him. I would welcome him back here, I''m just not sure he''s good enough now

Julio Cesar anybody? How about Robert Green?
I''d probably choose Fraser Forster personally, think he could become as good as Ruddy with time. 

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Friedel

Brad jones

Kasparov schmeichel

Alex McCarthy

Kieron weatwood[/quote]Not being funny but they are all terrible shouts.Friedel probably doesn''t even have anotherseason left in him, Jones has been awful for Liverpool every time he played and will never be a no. 1, Schmeichel is a TV keeper in where he exaggerates simpler saves to make him seem that he is a great keeper whereas in reality he is very average. Westwood will never be a Prem keeper either.McCarthy is the only reasonable shout there. Sorry didn''t mean to attack this post so much just couldn''t believe what you put.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Friedel

Brad jones

Kasparov schmeichel

Alex McCarthy

Kieron weatwood[/quote]Not being funny but they are all terrible shouts.Friedel probably doesn''t even have anotherseason left in him, Jones has been awful for Liverpool every time he played and will never be a no. 1, Schmeichel is a TV keeper in where he exaggerates simpler saves to make him seem that he is a great keeper whereas in reality he is very average. Westwood will never be a Prem keeper either.[/quote]
Agree with all that with the exception of Schmeichel who is developing all the time and actually looks like he has become a very competent keeper, definitely a step up on Mark Bunn, but I would like to see us aim a bit higher. Forster has more potential than Schmeichel imho. 

Much rather Schmeichel than Bunn though. Did you know he was recently capped by Denmark and got in the Champs team of the year last season? Can''t really see how Schmeichel is a bad shout as such, just think he is more of a Norwich circa-2011 signing rather than a Norwich circa-2013 signing, we should really be looking to spend up to £5m on a Ruddy replacement. 

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="kirku"]I like Koval but I think Dynamo would ask for a pretty hefty fee[/quote]You mean Koval, chairman of the Romulan Tal Shiar? Afterall, you are KIRKu.[/quote]

No idea what that meant until I clicked the link. Certainly no trekkie here!

I get reminded of why I stopped posting here. The bloody quote button fails. Every. Single.Time

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Koval been my no.1 GK in FM career for last 4 seasons lol.[/quote]

He''s good outside of your computer screen too.

How about Begovic? Butland may be eazed in to be number 1 at stoke, leaving Begovic up for grabs. I know he was linked to top clubs in January but they have seemed to go quiet on him.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Costel Pantilimon for me please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costel_Pantilimon[/quote]

He crossed my mind too. I''m sure I read he wants out of Man City

I would want the following

international keeper with 50 plus caps

Prem league exposure

Dominating in stature

This Guy would be my choice.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Isaksson

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62 9m

Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets.Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving #ncfc

Although this is good to hear, Chelsea wouldn''t have had to be in contact with us yet regarding a move for Ruddy. Most likely Chelsea have already approached Ruddy though an agent wiith a contract offer and he is wanting to make the move.

Learnt about how clubs approach players in the book "I am the Secret Footballer" has some very interesting things about what goes on behind closed doors!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

A first post or just a new user name?

For me it would be great to see Fraser Forster back, big imposing unit.......BUT unfortunately not as good as Ruddy, just hope its all rumour despite me actually thinking there is something in this one.

Bunn did a decent job as back-up and could do the same again I''m sure, but ideally we need a more commanding (by that I mean in the box and on crosses and corners like Ruddy, crucial at this level) GK longer term...would cost though.  

[/quote]

Its amazing how as supporters our opinions vastly change. If you search this forum for "Ruddy''s cruddy" or "John Ruddy awful" you''ll see how many supporters viewed FF as a better keeper than him just 3 short years ago!!

So what does this mean now? Is FF worse? or has he simply not developed as well as Ruddy?

He was scapegoated after the watford game. I just wonder if we''d actually give the next keeper as much grief when signing/beginning playing as we did with Ruddy, if Ruddy does in fact leave.

For me there are a few options:Joel - a very agile keeper who produced some superb performances for wiganForster - has a lot of potential however he is more of an imposing unit rather than technical keeper.Schmeichal - has improved no end and gained the keeper of the year award this season ahead of david marshall.Schwarzer - could be a safe option for a year and can still compete, going to a world cup next year too so there is one for your international tick box! that and he has used the same shin pads throughout his entire pro career!Stipe Pletikosa - keeper who plays for croatia, long in the tooth at 34 but extremely experienced with international expereince.sorenson - wants to be No.1 still, again another safe veteran option. Marc Andre Ter stegen - 21 year old borussia monchengadbach keeper. Fabianski - on a free i believe

[quote user="SpanishCanary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

For me it would be great to see Fraser Forster back, big imposing unit.......BUT unfortunately not as good as Ruddy, just hope its all rumour despite me actually thinking there is something in this one.

Bunn did a decent job as back-up and could do the same again I''m sure, but ideally we need a more commanding (by that I mean in the box and on crosses and corners like Ruddy, crucial at this level) GK longer term...would cost though.  

[/quote]

Its amazing how as supporters our opinions vastly change. If you search this forum for "Ruddy''s cruddy" or "John Ruddy awful" you''ll see how many supporters viewed FF as a better keeper than him just 3 short years ago!!

So what does this mean now? Is FF worse? or has he simply not developed as well as Ruddy?

He was scapegoated after the watford game. I just wonder if we''d actually give the next keeper as much grief when signing/beginning playing as we did with Ruddy, if Ruddy does in fact leave.[/quote]
Ruddy had a very shaky start though, and has improved constantly since. Forster left big gloves to fill and people were quite anxious about Ruddy''s capability of filling them. What else is there to say other than that he proved that he was capable, and eventually beyond capable?

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="SpanishCanary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

He was scapegoated after the watford game. I just wonder if we''d actually give the next keeper as much grief when signing/beginning playing as we did with Ruddy, if Ruddy does in fact leave.[/quote]
Ruddy had a very shaky start though, and has improved constantly since. Forster left big gloves to fill and people were quite anxious about Ruddy''s capability of filling them. What else is there to say other than that he proved that he was capable, and eventually beyond capable?
[/quote]

Agreed.

But my question was mostly about FF''s capability. The fact that Ruddy is deemed better now in reverse to 3 years ago, would suggest FF hasn''t improved at the same rate JR has. So should we be going for someone who is younger like McCarthy or a little more experienced? As from what a few are saying it seems that FF hasn''t been able to match JR''s ability in their eyes since leaving us.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="SpanishCanary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed.

But my question was mostly about FF''s capability. The fact that Ruddy is deemed better now in reverse to 3 years ago, would suggest FF hasn''t improved at the same rate JR has. So should we be going for someone who is younger like McCarthy or a little more experienced? As from what a few are saying it seems that FF hasn''t been able to match JR''s ability in their eyes since leaving us.[/quote]
Fraser Forster has achieved 98 clean sheets in 195 career appearances. Even for a player who has spent three years in the SPL that is a very impressive record.

Ter Stegen is not an option lol.

He will go Barcelona or somewhere of that sort of standard. Future top 3 gk in the world.

Problem with someone like McCarthy is that we''d be looking for a first-choice and for me he doesn''t yet have the experience (only a handful of games last season).

There''s plenty of options, both short and long term - Imo Schwarzer ticks most boxes for where we are: with Rudd due to come back next year with a full season behind him I kind-of thought we were maybe planning on JR moving on then anyway, just not this year. Remember thar Schwarzer just had a full season at Fulham and is still hugely capable, and would be playing for a World Cup spot.