Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Holt is now 1/5 to move to Wigan!

Wasn''t betting on Suarez to Arsenal suspended the other day? And people actually believed that would happen.

Just cos somebody throws a decent lump on it, shortening the odds, doesn''t mean it''s gonna happen

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Is this really happening?![/quote]Guaranteed first team football every week, (much) closer to his family, and they could easily do his wages out of the parachute payments (plus offloading Kone et al means they have cash, and the need for a target man).I can see this happening, though it would be disappointing.

Holt''s a club legend and all, but if we get £1.5m+ for a 32-year old striker who is going to be a sub for the majority of games this year, we''ve done well. He didn''t play as well as expected last year, and I think teams have found him out - they know what he''s like. He''s strong, good in the air and on the ground, but he''s losing that yard of pace. Considering we bought him for around £400k, a £1m profit on him wouldn''t be too bad.

On a sub-note, the fact we''ve had to spend £8.5m on a replacement is a credit to him. I still wouldn''t like to see him go though, feel that if we do change to starting two strikers, van Wolfswinkel and Holt will be a pretty good pairing.

My take on it is that if the club wish to sell him, he will go and happily move north.   He therefore has to be aware of any possibilities  of clubs being interested.   No player is guaranteed a place at a club and if a very good offer came in the club might see that it would be a good move for all parties.  By very good I would mean £4-5m.  Selling for the sake of it, £1-2m, would be pointless.   He still has something to offer us and he is happy to stay here.      He will only go if the club got an offer they couldn''t refuse - like any player.    

Skybet have suspended betting-doesn''t mean anything yet though as they did this on Cabaye leaving Newcastle in mid June and he''s still there.