Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Holt to Wigan

I do worry tbat some fans underestimate the contribution Holtg mames to the team not only in playing but chafacter both on and off the pitch. In 2004 Worthy got rid of the big characters Malky, Iwan & Cricts. Although the replace.ents were tech ically better the heart of the team had gone

If he goes it can hardly be a surprise, what with the family returning there in the past months. I imagine it will be a mutual thing.

As to it being ''another Malky moment'' that is a bit feeble as there never was a first one: we did not miss Malky in the PL, he was slow and it would have been a train wreck, but Iwan was a different matter.

Maybe holt wants to go... Many are saying it is the club that are pushing him out, rumours have always been there maybe he wants to leave. We just don''t know the full story.

Anyway we will see what happens, we need a new quality striker in any case. I do not think holt is as integral as man make out today as he was last season. We have added leaders and characters to our squad. We are not a man team.

if its 4 or 5 mill you take it. ill be surprised if its that much though, whatever the fee is its sensible business and will be a good profit, especially given his age

i think hes worth 1 more season at city, having said that if it means we were to bring in 2 or 3 more international players id do it

Amusing that all those who said we would go down this year (12/13) are now saying that this is a massive mistake. Perhaps Doctor Who should visit them and trap them all in a loop of the League One season where they would obviously be happiest.

£4m for him, he gets nearer his family with a decent wage and we put the money to another decent striker.

If -IF- he goes then we need to find a way to give him an absolutely massive send-off.

We don''t want another Hux situation developing. You can say he hasn''t been as loyal, but his all-round contribution, attitude & leadership has been phenomenal during his time with us.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Unless Holt actually wants to leave then this is a huge mistake.

[/quote]
He wants to leave, his agent has been leaking the info the the press saying as much. At 32 he doesn''t want to be a reserve at a club so far away from his family. Some Norwich fans need to really open their eyes to the obvious

Not taking into account the abundant influence Grant Holt has, and has had, on the team over the past 4 years almost as captain, £2 million for a striker that has scored 23 goals in the Premier League over the past two seasons must rank as a major coup for any football club. £4 million  is certainly not much less impressive either; if only such oppertunities in the transfer window presented themselves to us.

As much as i''d love him to stay he has been sussed out now by the refs and that was one of the major parts of his game.

Plus in a couple of games he was lucky to still stay in the game so something is obviously up.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]i dont understand the pant wetting theme. whos wetting their pants. no-one. just your failed attempt at trying to be funny with your 1970s humour[/quote]Oh dry your eyes.Have you not read the 23,672 other threads debating on whether or not we should keep Holt?I almost do hope he goes, just to stop people going on and on and on about it!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Just one question:

where is the figure of £4 - 5m coming from??[/quote]Cloud cuckoo land.If he goes the fee will be undisclosed, and I doubt close to 4 million!

I think if we''ve accepted a bid there must be someone else ready to sign we can''t go down to 2 strikers and risk not getting anyone else in

I personally would like him to stay

[quote user="mbncfc1"]I think if we''ve accepted a bid there must be someone else ready to sign we can''t go down to 2 strikers and risk not getting anyone else in

I personally would like him to stay[/quote]I would be more than happy for him to stay as a squad player and get one more good quality striker in.

There shouldn''t be any surprise if Holt wants this move. That recent pic of him at his daughters'' sports day showing that he had actually stayed in shape during the summer was a clear sign he was anticpating being at a new club...[:P]

We shall probably never know the size of the bid/fee if it goes through, but unless it is really derisory it could be said

• it''s good for the player - regular football, in a division where his lack of pace will not be such a handicap, and much nearer his family home - two hours at most, surely. He will have to take a cut in wages, but he will save time and money in travel. Even what is left of the Wigan squad after all the vultures have had their pick will be useful enough.

• it''s good for NCFC. It seems unlikely that he would play very often for NCFC again as he could be challenging Becchio for third in the strikers'' group. So he was destined to be one of our highest paid bench sitters or occasional players. If he goes to Wigan the club will save perhaps £3m in wages and a transfer value of zero in two years time. I think it quite likely that the transfer fee could be in the hundred thousands rather than the million or two some on this board feel he is worth, but we would surely get back what e paid for him originally.

So I see it as a win-win situation - both sides gain, perhaps only marginally. Of course it may be that he and Wigan will not agree on terms, and all our speculation come to nothing!

I can''t see us selling ruddy if we sell Holt would be a massive part of the team to rebuild

D mountfarto I think he is ''desperate to leave'', I think last season he would have gone if a northern club had come in, or west ham had really pursued.

I think with so many rumours, his poor form with 5 goals all season and then three right at the end, his admittance of despondency and attitude not being right that he wants to go.

I agree with many on here, positive is we get £££ we also get a big wage off the wage bill for an ageing player. We need a back up to rvw in any case and I think we can buy another player as that striker to compete with becchio for that 3rd spot. I have faith that becchio can score and do the business in this league. A young striker who can develop while learning from rvw, becchio another and the new midfielders we bring in.

I also take the argument about behind the scenes, but this team has evolved greatly since lambert and holt led us to the prem. we bought in good players in the prem and then bought very good when Hughton came in, the team dynamic has changed and holty is not that figurehead as we develop.that is the nature of time and in team sports. The dynamic changes.

He will leave with our best wishes and I look forward to the two strikers who will come in as we look for a player for this and seasons to come.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

There shouldn''t be any surprise if Holt wants this move. That recent pic of him at his daughters'' sports day showing that he had actually stayed in shape during the summer was a clear sign he was anticpating being at a new club...[:P]

[/quote]Plus the fact that he keeps his phone in his pocket clearly reveals that he anticipates calls from other clubs.[:)]