Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Holt to Wigan

Didn''t they also suspend betting on Suarez to Arsenal? Despite the former saying he wants to leave England...

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Uh oh! Fetch the nappies![/quote]

Ha![:D]

isnt a definate. story on sky sports saying alot of people putting money on it. no mention of him going austria on his twitter like some of the others.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]isnt a definate. story on sky sports saying alot of people putting money on it. no mention of him going austria on his twitter like some of the others.[/quote]
I''ve heard he hasn''t gone to Austria, don''t know if true or not

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/tena-lady-maxi-night-incontinence-pads_zps1d708639.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/tena-lady-maxi-night-incontinence-pads_zps1d708639.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This was Jacob Butterfield replying to Holt on twitter yesterday (context might be important but I''m lazy - Posted pic of restaurant, Holt starts banter):

family time.. Will see enough of you this month

I could spend days interpreting the tweet to mean many things, but I''ll just leave it here for you to ignore like that slight pain in your right testicle.  Yes, I know about that.

i dont understand the pant wetting theme. whos wetting their pants. no-one. just your failed attempt at trying to be funny with your 1970s humour

[quote user="Eadie4England"]i dont understand the pant wetting theme. whos wetting their pants. no-one. just your failed attempt at trying to be funny with your 1970s humour[/quote]
Not sure anyone is wetting their pants. Would be a good move for all parties if we get £2M

quote user="Vaughan''s Stiff Upper Lip"]Hooper was suspended joining us and then put back.

If holt goes then fair enough, we clearly have players lined up that hughton believes are better![/quote
Keep reading this but i never saw this, i watch a lot of the betting as well. He was 2:1 to join Hull a while ago, much longer odds for joining us

no i mean others were suggesting pant wetting because this thread was started. when was just stating betting had been suspended. im not overly fussed if he stay or go.

Yes hooper was 1/4 on sky bet for a day then it was suspended, then suddenly dropped back to evens! Bookies have to cover their own backs and if they get a sense they''ll lose they''ll pull the plug as a precaution!

If we get toivonen I''m happy to say thanks and bye to holt

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Which club is trying to sign Grant Holt? Transfer news is on the way #SSN

SSN just tweeted that, maybe something will be confirmed today?![/quote]

"Trying" is the operative word.   If they want him they would have to "try" to the tune of £4m plus.......

i fear this might rip the heart out of the team, and I could easily envisage many an occasion where Van Wolfswinkel could do with Holt''s prescence alongside him as a ''minder''.  Admittedly though £4m is a good price and Wigan seem to be making some decent signings.

I hope Hughton/McNally know what theyre doing on this one and have something lined up?

could well be down to RVW and Becchio very shortly ?!?!

Oh dear. Let''s hope McNally and Hughton play this window for strikers better than the last two. That leaves RvW plus a striker Hughton won''t play.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

i fear this might rip the heart out of the team, and I could easily envisage many an occasion where Van Wolfswinkel could do with Holt''s prescence alongside him as a ''minder''.  Admittedly though £4m is a good price and Wigan seem to be making some decent signings.

I hope Hughton/McNally know what theyre doing on this one and have something lined up?

could well be down to RVW and Becchio very shortly ?!?!

[/quote]I completely agree with this.

Don''t overplay it, GJL. While Holt has been great for us, time moves on, he is not irreplacable and there is far less room for sentiment in the PL, we can and should be looking for better.

If he leaves it should be with our thanks and looking forward to our next ''hero''.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8811918/Transfer-news-Wigan-agree-fee-with-Norwich-for-striker-Grant-Holt

Wigan Athletic have agreed a fee with Norwich City for striker Grant Holt, according to Sky sources.

The Latics will now discuss personal terms with the 32-year-old who has been with the Canaries since 2009.

Holt netted 15 league goals in Norwich''s first season back in the top flight in 2011/12, but he only scored eight Premier League goals last term and City manager Chris Hughton has been actively seeking reinforcements up front.

The former Sheffield Wednesday, Rochdale, Nottingham Forest and Shrewsbury striker does have a prolific record in the Football League though, and new Latics boss Owen Coyle wants Holt to spearhead his strike-force in the Championship as Wigan seek an immediate return to the Premier League.

Sky Bet had earlier suspended their betting on Holt''s next club after he was repeatedly backed at 1/5 to join Wigan.

Sky Bet football trader Chris Spicer said: "We had to pull the plug on Holt''s market due to the sheer volume of bets we''ve taken on.

"Our customers have been queuing up to back the move, which was an even-money price just two days ago and as long as 8/1 last week."

It would be disappointing for the team to lose one of the players that binds that team together, but it was always going to get to the stage where a decision had to be made on Grant''s future. Wether there is anything in this or not, he will go at sometime. There is also the possibility that there would get a time, when his staying, when not up to 1st team standard, would have a negative influence. Hence the reason to sell

I also trust Hughton, McNally et al, to have plans a plenty in place for any such occasion for any player.

Also, it is only the 7th July!

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''m sorry GJL but how can you say you can "easily envisage many an occasion" about RVW without having seen him kick a ball in Anger for us yet.[/quote]

young foreign striker playing in a new contry for the first time ,playing up front on his on against physical ''english style'' defenders, might need the help to begin with of a streetwie veteran to ''rough as few'' up for him?...........I don''t think I''m going out on too much on a limb there??