Sign in to follow this  
Vazzza

Your 2nd team?

[quote user="CDMullins"]Cant be arsed travelling 3 and half hourse to watch Norwich, but travelling to Munich to watch your ''second team'' is acceptable?[/quote]

Spot on. Having 2 teams, is like having 2 wives....

Like the rest of you, and as a Norwich lad, I don''t feel any passion for any other side. Other clubs I ''like'' is a different matter, of the so called ''big'' clubs I like Arsenal as my Mum''s a Londoner, and when I lived there I used to get free tickets to watch them if I wanted to (Bergkamp, Henry era).

One of my mates is the cousin of Lee Dixon, a real nice guy, and he''s invited me to the Emirates to watch us play Arsenal on Sat 19th October this coming season, he''s going to organise for me to meet the NCFC boys etc after the match which I''m looking forward to. Should be fun as David Seaman and very likely Ian Wright will also be in the box watching with us (I''m told the banter is ''lively'' - which it certainly will be if we go 1-0 up ha), and then we''re off out in the evening to Lee''s club in Mayfair. I hope those boys have got their drinking boots on... And we win 7-0!

Don''t really have a soft spot for any other club, always had respect for Newcastle as I believe they are very similar to us in terms of having passionate fans.

I could never imagine supporting an Arsenal or a Chelsea, plastic is the only word that sums up their fans

Perth Glory, Australian A League. Small crowds standing on the terraces among dozens of UK exiles in West Ham And Dirty Leeds Shirts. Old school chanting including vitriolic verbal attacks on the keeper. They play in Purple shirts and I have no conflict of interest that you get supporting another English team as your second side. Down side, home games are a 20,000 mile round trip.

Reading... that based on watching Kerry Dixon around1980-82, either in the Third or Fourth Division. The East Stand terraces were very "interesting", no idea how that passed the saftey inspections. Apparently the last game played there was against Norwich.

Coventry cus I grew up 15 minutes from the city, despite hating it as a place.

And Newcastle, went to uni in Durham so got to loads of games at St James Park, which made me realise how good a set of fans they are.

Well Mr Slim, it''s funny you should mention Carlisle, as they are my second team having grown up in that part of the world... Not sure I agree with you about them playing in the Scottish leagues though, where would we be without our local derbies against Preston NE and the Monkey Hangers? Both of which are a mere 180 mile round trip....maybe you have a point....

Cardiff, however now they''re in our league I don''t give a monkeys toss if they go down.

Was born there so ''follow'' Kidderminster Harriers...(close but no cigar last year..).

You can only support one team. OTBC

followed San Jose whilst Hux was out there, but that''s about it.

Norwich through and through.

[quote user="plymouth canary"]Having been born in Norwich but grown up in Plymouth, I''ve occasionally gone to matches at Home Park and usually keep an eye on how they''re doing, but I don''t think I could class Plymouth as a second team, as I really don''t care too much if (rather when) they lose![/quote]

Plymouth my second team too. Lived there from age 2-7 when my Dad was in RAF. Absolutely no divided loyalty when we play them.

Partial to Man U. My dad was a massive Man U fan and desperately tried to convert me but I remained defiant and am Norwich through and through. Still, some of his enthusiasm rubbed off on me and I enjoy watching them.

I have one team and one team only.. Norwich City!I also coach 2 teams and play for another on a sunday.. so all of those too!

Until me family lived in London, and there has always been a line of Chelsea fans so have followed them closely especially when we were a drift from the prem.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Until me family lived in London, and there has always been a line of Chelsea fans so have followed them closely especially when we were a drift from the prem.[/quote]

Fairweather supporter ;-)

There''s no side who I would really call my second team, but several I look out for - AFC Wimbledon is my most local side (or Kingstonian for non-league), Sheff Wed is closest (or easiest to get to) from where my Mrs comes from, so I used to go and watch them sometimes when visiting the in-laws.

Although I''m Norwich through and through I''m

Contractually obliged to say Stevenage!

I''ve also followed Luton and spurs

" I like the Green Bay Packers. "

That''s rather brave for down here Houston, no Texans or Cowboys for you? Personally when it comes to the oval ball I''ll stick to supporting the Longhorns (even though they suck big time)

I like the Texans and dislike the Cowboys but have liked the Packers since way before I got to Texas. Being raised in Canada Ihave never understood the appeal and lloyalty towards college athletics so feel no allegience to any university team. THAT makes me more of an outcast than being a Packers fan.

I''ve been to wembley and old trafford to watch torquay in the play off final as I have a family member who sort of supports them so I hope they do well but don''t think they will ever get out of league 2 unless they get relegated

Kilmarnock are my equal first team...grew up there and was a home and away fan until I move to norwich in the 90s. Needed my footy fix so started going to Carrow Road, and quickly became addicted! Now 2 sons following in my footsteps as both norwich and killie fans - we reckon we are fine until the first Norwich v Kilmarnock Champions League meeting!!