Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Jackson, Morrison, Vaughan, Holt

If Holts goes that will be four out, with just two coming in. RVW looks class, not so sure about Becchio. If it is four out, I sincerely hope we have two more strikers lined up to come in. Otherwise we are going to be in for a difficult season. Personally I''d like to see Holt stay.

These weren''t on permanent deals though, we seem to be being linked with another defender, maybe we are going 5-4-1 next season :P

Unless we bring in players who have played in the Prem before we could be starting the season with 4 strikers who have about 90 mins of premier league football between them

I very, very much doubt McNally would even let Holt talk to anyone unless we had other deals already pretty much done.You don''t let players just go without having a plan.

I would like to think that they have two new strikers lined up. Their bid for the Lokomotiv striker was rebuffed, and there''s always Hooper to discuss. Perhaps we shall be surprised when two strikers arrive who have not previously been mentioned.

The thing that concerns me is that Toivonen seems to have gone quiet, and deadlines passed. Perhaps they are confident of him. If Holt goes, and I believe it best for us and for him if he does, it does mean that we have removed all of last year''s strikers except Becchio, - CH and others were talking about our toothless attack.  We have always assumed that CH does not rate Becchio, so he may be keeping him because of a change in judgement or alternatively because it is a little early to show him the door.

We have no divine right to sign the players we wish to sign. and we are competing with other clubs for the bargains. My fear is that there are refusals on the part of "selling" clubs or the targets themselves, and we finish like last year - Harry Kane, despite a frantic effort.