Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Advanced talks with Chelsea

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8809461/Transfer-News-Chelsea-in-talks-with-Norwich-over-keeper-John-Ruddy

Excellent, what would we all do without people capable of sharing news stories from the biggest sites on the web, 35 hours after they were published. The thing about ''news'' is that it isn''t really ''news'' after a certain period of time has elapsed and the whole planet has become aware of it. 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]that interesting as earlier today McNally tweeted that we''d received no bids for any players??............someone''s lying?[/quote]
If that is true, then the tweet no longer exists: https://twitter.com/davidmcnally62
Doesn''t show any tweets from today, only a couple of retweets. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
Yeah at 11.31pm yesterday he says that he hadn''t been talking to any clubs that afternoon. Firstly, that was yesterday not today, and secondly that didn''t really tell us much at all. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
Yeah at 11.31pm yesterday he says that he hadn''t been talking to any clubs that afternoon. Firstly, that was yesterday not today, and secondly that didn''t really tell us much at all. 
[/quote]Perhaps he should tweet every twenty or minutes or so, just to reassure people?

The sky story is from 5:58 Friday (the 5th), so is pretty much the story we''ve been discussing all day; McN tweeted c6 hours later. This isn''t new stuff.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
[/quote]Perhaps he should tweet every twenty or minutes or so, just to reassure people?[/quote]
When somebody says that there has been a tweet today from McNally I was naturally going to look. When it became apparent that one didn''t exist, I said so, simple as. There hasn''t been a tweet from McNally today, I''m not saying that there should be, I''m saying that there just isn''t one. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The sky story is from 5:58 Friday (the 5th), so is pretty much the story we''ve been discussing all day; McN tweeted c6 hours later. This isn''t new stuff.[/quote]
Exactly, it is 36 hours old, has been discussed in depth already, and now we are talking about 23 hour old tweets. This can only mean one thing.... slow news day. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
[/quote]Perhaps he should tweet every twenty or minutes or so, just to reassure people?[/quote]
When somebody says that there has been a tweet today from McNally I was naturally going to look. When it became apparent that one didn''t exist, I said so, simple as. There hasn''t been a tweet from McNally today, I''m not saying that there should be, I''m saying that there just isn''t one. 
[/quote][Y]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]if we''re going to get finicky about it.....its now 23.30pm......a tweet 23 hours ago is still technically today...[/quote]
It is current 23:46 on 6th July. A tweet at 23.31 hours on 5th July is not today. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]if we''re going to get finicky about it.....its now 23.30pm......a tweet 23 hours ago is still technically today...[/quote]

It is current 23:46 on 6th July. A tweet at 23.31 hours on 5th July is not today. 

[/quote]

if you care to check your own link again, the tweet in question is clearly dated as being 6th July....which it still is for the next 5 mins....

https://twitter.com/davidmcnally62

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
[/quote]

It was yesterday the stories about Ruddy appeared on Sky sports as far as I''m aware, and it tells us we aren''t in talks with any clubs about selling players. Tells us everything. Ruddy can''t leave if Chelsea aren''t in talks with us.

And until Cech leaves Ruddy won''t be going there. Don''t know why people believe this rumour over the dozens of others including a number of persistent ones surrounding just our club this year.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]if we''re going to get finicky about it.....its now 23.30pm......a tweet 23 hours ago is still technically today...[/quote]

[/quote]

if you care to check your own link again, the tweet in question is clearly dated as being 6th July....which it still is for the next 5 mins....

https://twitter.com/davidmcnally62

[/quote]

Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets.Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving

Reply to  

Clearly it isn''t dated 6th July, unless you live in a different timezone. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]
[/quote]

It was yesterday the stories about Ruddy appeared on Sky sports as far as I''m aware, and it tells us we aren''t in talks with any clubs about selling players. Tells us everything. Ruddy can''t leave if Chelsea aren''t in talks with us.

And until Cech leaves Ruddy won''t be going there. Don''t know why people believe this rumour over the dozens of others including a number of persistent ones surrounding just our club this year.[/quote]
This one just seems to have really taken off, and usually when that happens we get a denial from the club, which hasn''t be forthcoming. Neither have we seen a single tweet from John Ruddy, about anything at all, and even Hughton''s ''denial'' was highly questionable as he elected to add a caveat which went something like "I wouldn''t tell you if we had". For some reason I just sense that there is some truth in this Ruddy rumour. All that McNally states is that he wasn''t involved in discussions with other clubs yesterday PM. I can just see some legs in this one, hope I''m wrong. 

Personally I don''t think it has taken off.

As far as I can tell, as ''original'' sources of rumours, there was a £5 million bid turners down, then a guy on SSN said Ruddy was interested, later they then reported in advance talks.

Personally I''ve noticed much stronger rumours about many many more players this summer that now ether seem completely false or just didn''t materialise.

As for Ruddy not tweeting, he doesn''t all that often. One of his last was to Holt about playing golf the next day, (2 days ago) not something I''d have though a player who is about to be in ''advanced'' talks with a club would be doing. Unless of course Holt and Ruddy met somewhere in between Wigan and London so they could both finalise their moves before either club actually bid for the player...

But then last two times I was like that with rumours of people leaving us, Lambert resigned and Holt handed in transfer request...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I must be imagining this then?

david mcnally@davidmcnally626 Jul

Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets.Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving

[/quote]
You just copied and pasted the exact same tweet that I did, which is clearly date stamped as 5th July 11.31pm. 
It doesn''t say 6th July on my twitter, and my timezone is set to GMT, so I suggest that you go to your settings and indicate to twitter that you live in the United Kingdom. 
That way, you will get the correct time and date presented to you, and we won''t have to have silly arguments like this one. When you click my link, what time and date does it show you? My is correct because I''ve just clicked ''details'' on a brand new 10 second old tweet and it says: 12:16 AM - 7 Jul 13

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Personally I don''t think it has taken off.

As far as I can tell, as ''original'' sources of rumours, there was a £5 million bid turners down, then a guy on SSN said Ruddy was interested, later they then reported in advance talks.

Personally I''ve noticed much stronger rumours about many many more players this summer that now ether seem completely false or just didn''t materialise.

As for Ruddy not tweeting, he doesn''t all that often. One of his last was to Holt about playing golf the next day, (2 days ago) not something I''d have though a player who is about to be in ''advanced'' talks with a club would be doing. Unless of course Holt and Ruddy met somewhere in between Wigan and London so they could both finalise their moves before either club actually bid for the player...

But then last two times I was like that with rumours of people leaving us, Lambert resigned and Holt handed in transfer request...[/quote]
Well I hope you are right, all I can say really. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]

[/quote] It was yesterday the stories about Ruddy appeared on Sky sports as far as I''m aware, and it tells us we aren''t in talks with any clubs about selling players. Tells us everything. Ruddy can''t leave if Chelsea aren''t in talks with us. And until Cech leaves Ruddy won''t be going there. Don''t know why people believe this rumour over the dozens of others including a number of persistent ones surrounding just our club this year.[/quote]

This one just seems to have really taken off, and usually when that happens we get a denial from the club, which hasn''t be forthcoming. Neither have we seen a single tweet from John Ruddy, about anything at all, and even Hughton''s ''denial'' was highly questionable as he elected to add a caveat which went something like "I wouldn''t tell you if we had". For some reason I just sense that there is some truth in this Ruddy rumour. All that McNally states is that he wasn''t involved in discussions with other clubs yesterday PM. I can just see some legs in this one, hope I''m wrong. 

[/quote]

Yes, because stupids like you keep damn well feeding it![:S]

I can''t believe that I have just spent three minutes of my life (which are unrecoverable) reading this s***e !!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]TheNewBoy have another look, he does say 23 hours ago not in talks about any players leaving.[/quote]

[/quote] It was yesterday the stories about Ruddy appeared on Sky sports as far as I''m aware, and it tells us we aren''t in talks with any clubs about selling players. Tells us everything. Ruddy can''t leave if Chelsea aren''t in talks with us. And until Cech leaves Ruddy won''t be going there. Don''t know why people believe this rumour over the dozens of others including a number of persistent ones surrounding just our club this year.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, because stupids like you keep damn well feeding it![:S]

[/quote]
Oh yeah, I''m sure a few pinkun forum posts are really encouraging the national media to keep churning out the articles, if only I knew I had this much influence over Rupert Murdoch''s empire - I could have been dangerous. 

[quote user="Webbo118"]I can''t believe that I have just spent three minutes of my life (which are unrecoverable) reading this s***e !![/quote]

Oh my god. I''m with this guy.