Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Butland available on loan

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8811729/Transfer-news-Jack-Butland-could-swap-Stoke-for-Spain-this-summer
As the title suggests, the young goalie is behind Begovic in the pecking order and wants to play football. Would you move for him if Ruddy goes. I think i would be more interested in a permanent; he may be wanting out now that Stoke have decided against selling Asmir

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Hughton would certainly know if he any good or not from his time at Birmingham.[/quote]
Very true, if we move for him then i would trust Hughton and Watson''s opinion 100%

Based on what I saw of him in England colours (at both levels), he''d be behind Bunn for me - doesn''t command his area, looked weak dealing with crosses, got a long way to go yet before I''d have him as first choice keeper.

[quote user="Foghorn"]Based on what I saw of him in England colours (at both levels), he''d be behind Bunn for me - doesn''t command his area, looked weak dealing with crosses, got a long way to go yet before I''d have him as first choice keeper.[/quote]Funny that, last season against Fulham at CR, from where I sat (ground level, behind the goal) he looked class, especially his handling of crosses, even deep ones.

If we do sell Ruddy (I don''t think he''s going, but if...) and we got Butland in on loan so we didn''t haven''t to spend on a keeper this transfer window, I don''t see how anyone can be upset.

Hughton knows the lad, one of the reasons many thought Redmond would join, and I''m sure why many are happy with his signing because I''ve seen countless posts saying Hughton will know how to get best of him. So there is that. And then our GK coach who knows more about keepers than any of us ever will.