Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Huckerby and Holt comparison??

Are we about to make the massive mistake again letting our most influential player go at least a year to early? I really hope this isn''t true and its just SSN sources that have got this wrong. RVW would benifit so much from Holty staying with us for another year.

the difference is when hucks left we were awful and needed him to stay. where as now we are progressing and in time players are being replaced by better players.

If/when it happens, let''s just wait and see who the starting 11 are in August against Everton.

You never know, we might be in for a very exciting season ahead.

I think that the Holt/Huckerby scenarios are totally different.

Huckerby took wage cuts to join Norwich.He moved abroad to avoid playing against usHe lived and breathed NCFC and was shafted by RoederHolt is a Norwich City "great" but the whole "wanting out" saga corrupted him in the eyes of many City fansHe is a hero of mine and got us promoted... gave his all for us and scored against the scum....He isn''t Huckerby though.

Agreed. Holt is a legend but no where near the level of hucks.

.as others have said. We needed hucks when he got booted. We were in a dire situation.

Holt is good, but there is better out there and now we can afford it. He gets to be closer to his family like he wants to be and will play every game and we get an upgraded striker.

I''m not saying its completely the same I''m just saying we would have benefited from keeping these players longer. I believe if we had kept Huckerby we would not had been relegated the next year. With Holt I''m saying our other players would benefit from his presence, attitude and all the other things he brings to the table. I''m not saying Holt and Hucks are in the same brackets because Hucks was different... An absolute role model.

Holt is still vital to us as it proves on how many games we won last season without him starting.

Both legends, this could be history repeating itself. We got rid of Huckerby, we got relegated. I hope not, but we do like to tempt fate.

but the main point most of us are trying to make isn''t that holt and hucks are on different levels, but that the clubs circumstances are completely different now from then.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Both legends, this could be history repeating itself. We got rid of Huckerby, we got relegated. I hope not, but we do like to tempt fate.[/quote]Completely different situations.During the Huckerby days we were in a dire state and we had a terrible terrible manager in charge.Now we have a lot of money to buy in some top 10 talent and a very good manager

No comparison in the type of player,the ability, the man off the field etc. huckster is a true legend and I have not seen a player in the last 20 odd years make the commitments hux has and have an effect on th pitch.

Do not forget in our return to the prem he was the most fouled player, even more than Rooney, Ronald''s etc, he was elite.

Holt has a fantastic track record, goal scoring figures and than you... But not near hux off the field or for excitement.

Holt is leaving at the right time, he can play somewhere else and it is his choice, not ours. He could turn down offers. I just feel we can do better, have we had better than hux since... No and he is so hard to replace. Holty will be replaced as we build a new generation for prem stability.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Huckerby took wage cuts to join Norwich.He moved abroad to avoid playing against usHe lived and breathed NCFC and was shafted by RoederHolt is a Norwich City "great" but the whole "wanting out" saga corrupted him in the eyes of many City fansHe is a hero of mine and got us promoted... gave his all for us and scored against the scum....He isn''t Huckerby though.[/quote]Well put[Y]

Most people are missing the point which I''m trying to make. Maybe through me not expressing my opinion correctly or something. I''m not putting Holt and Huckerby on the same level when it comes to ability, commitment, mentality, role model, passion, self drive or anything like that because I love Hucks for what he did/done for my club and was absolutely gutted when that pr*ck done what he did!

Yes I know it''s completely different circumstances with the club now, which I was gonna put at the start but I didn''t think I needed to. We can go out and buy a replacement for Holt but its not gonna be easy but yes he is replaceable at a cost.

Where as Hucks, well where do you start the way he used to terrorise defences it was just an absolute pleasure to watch.... So exciting. He is irreplaceable and probably always will be. I''m just trying to say we got rid of a fans favourite to early and are we going to do the same again.

I can''t see Holty starting many games next season but i would have liked him to stay until January at least to see if maybe a parting of ways is best for both. Come the first day of this coming season,  I suspect we might have moved on a long way from where we were at the start of last season.

It would be foolish for anyone related to the club to neglect the impact Holt leaving will have.The situation may not be similar, but the influence of Holt is certainly no less than it was with Iwan Roberts and Malky Mackay. In hindsight most Norwich fans would suggest the decisions made regarding those players in light of our promotion were to the detriment of our squad in the season that followed, that left us relegated. As Swansea, and we ourselves in recent times can testify to, mainting a chemistry and ethos can be just as key (perhaps even more so) as simply amassing lots of talent and ability; QPR serve as a typical example of the reverse of course. During our time in the Premier League in the past two years, holding onto the ''characters'' has arguably been the most responsible thing we''ve done as a progressive club.Thankfully astute as well since it seems to show we''ve learned from the past, which is rarer in todays footballing climate than one would suspect.As the sands of time continue to fall the names and faces will naturally shift, but we must keep in mind that this does not demand we make any drastic actions that alter the atmosphere and attitude that has surrounded and ignited our clubs success.