Sign in to follow this  

Sky Sports understand ..............

DBCS wrote - "Most Chelsea fans I speak to suggest he will get plenty of first team action. Chelsea have plenty of competitions to play in next season. "

That''s the thing with the big Clubs. I would expect someone like Van Ginkel to get maybe a dozen PL games this season with a further twenty or so games in other Competitions. Successful Clubs play far more games and can afford to rotate their players.

Regardless of what our Manager and CEO have said, my money is on the fact that there has been some contact from Chelsea about Ruddy, thats just the way things are in football, economical with the truth has to be a way of life I''m afraid.

I like many would be very disappointed should Ruddy leave for Chelsea, but the bottom line is that any player at any club these days could move for the right offer....and Ruddy is actually good enough to be their No.1 keeper, no doubt about that having watched many Chelsea games live on TV last season, Czech has definately lost his magic.  

I don''t think there is too much doubt the basic story is true. By "basic story" I mean that Chelsea are - or very recently were - interested in buying Ruddy from us.This is not just Sky, if you don''t trust Sky. This has been reported quite independently as a fact by, amongst others, Metro, The Sun and The Guardian. Not saying "according to Sky" but based on their own sources.And supposed denials from a club that are carefully-worded, which is what we have had from Norwich, rather than flat-out denials, which we haven''t had, are a pretty reliable sign that there is something in the story. Whether there has ben a formal bid is another matter.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]Wiz - Sky doesn''t "make stuff up". More often than not when Sky say something will happen it will. Read the words very carefully. Sky aren''t saying Ruddy will join Chelsea, they are saying that we are in negotiations with Chelsea.

I suppose Sky have ruined football as well Wiz with the increased amount of coverage? Old people old ways ....[/quote]

"Sky doesn''t "make stuff up"   then"they are saying that we are in negotiations with Chelsea"

Yet the manager and chief executive both deny that there has been any negotiations with anyone. One is lying and it is obvious which one it is, not simply because of it''s past record of posting up made up rubbish.

"More often than not ................ "   so when there are these nots''  it therefore means Sky have posted up invented sh ite. Now you can bleat and squeak all you like about whther sky are simply rehashing other people''s sh ite or making it u themselves but either way it doesn''t reflect on their credibility.Unless of course your target audience is the not too bright lower end of the market. Not a new way, just a new audience of gullible idiots.

[quote user="Wiz"]

3 little words, which at the moment are turning a lot of levelled headed City fans into pant wetters over John Ruddy''s desire to leave us, well, if you believe Sly Sports that is!

Despite denials from both Chris Hughton, and today from David McNally, Sly Sports Understands reports carry far greater weight on here it seems.

Think it through.................who would you rather trust and believe?

[/quote]Coming from someone who used to believe and panic after little bits of news from sources I really cant take you seriously...

City 1st - How do you know that McNally and Hughton are telling us the truth? Managers have lied numerous times in the past to the press. Ferguson admitted that in an interview once when it came out Wayne Rooney wasn''t injured when the club said he was. And I recall Lambert denying any interest in players and then a week or so later signing the player.

So in fact you could just be as much of an "gullible idiot" for believing what Mcnally and Hughton have said about the situation.

Sky Sports Understands.............Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink to be appointed the new Norwich City manager

Enough said.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]City 1st - How do you know that McNally and Hughton are telling us the truth? Managers have lied numerous times in the past to the press. Ferguson admitted that in an interview once when it came out Wayne Rooney wasn''t injured when the club said he was. And I recall Lambert denying any interest in players and then a week or so later signing the player. So in fact you could just be as much of an "gullible idiot" for believing what Mcnally and Hughton have said about the situation.[/quote]

You can only go with past behaviour, for me McNally has always called it as it is, until he does a Robert Chase on us I''ll continue to trust the guy over journalists at Sky Sports.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]City 1st - How do you know that McNally and Hughton are telling us the truth? Managers have lied numerous times in the past to the press. Ferguson admitted that in an interview once when it came out Wayne Rooney wasn''t injured when the club said he was. And I recall Lambert denying any interest in players and then a week or so later signing the player. So in fact you could just be as much of an "gullible idiot" for believing what Mcnally and Hughton have said about the situation.[/quote]

You can only go with past behaviour, for me McNally has always called it as it is, until he does a Robert Chase on us I''ll continue to trust the guy over journalists at Sky Sports.

[/quote]

You don''t have to believe one or the other. What both are saying can be true. Unless I have missed it no-one connected with NCFC - not Hughton or McNally or Joe Ferrari - has denied the basic Sky story, which is that Chelsea want (or a very few days ago wanted) to buy Ruddy and made some kind of approach. Nor, from what I have seen, has there been a outright denial that Chelsea actually made a bid. Hughton  said he didn''t know of one but added that then he might not anyway, and I haven''t seen a denial from McNally. There was a denial yesterday that he hadn''t been in talks about players leaving, but the way it was couched might have referred only to yesterday. After all he must have been in talks recently about Vaughan and several other players leaving. And even if he hasn''t been in talks at all with Chelsea that doesn''t mean they haven''t made an approach or even a bid. You can reject an approach or a bid outright without talking about it.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]People saying a move to Chelsea would damage his England hopes. I disagree. How many players have we seen who don''t play regular football for their team yet they are picked for England just because they play for a big club.[/quote]

I''ve been making this point on other ruddy threads. Despite lack of game time at Chelsea he''ll still be more fasionable for England.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Sky Sports Understands.............Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink to be appointed the new Norwich City manager
Enough said.
[/quote]

Not quite CDM........They also reported that Lambert was about to be announced as Burnley manager and that West Ham had signed Holt for £6 million.

I''ve just noticed that Sky have now removed the Ruddy rumours from its info bar on SSN and its online website..............hmm?[^o)]

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ve just noticed that Sky have now removed the Ruddy rumours from its info bar on SSN and its online website..............hmm?[^o)][/quote]Must be a done deal and they are preparing new headlines[up]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I''ve just noticed that Sky have now removed the Ruddy rumours from its info bar on SSN and its online website..............hmm?[^o)][/quote]Must be a done deal and they are preparing new headlines[up][/quote]I meant "Must be a done deal and they are preparing new headlines[Y]"

" Sky doesn''t "make stuff up"

please explain to us then the Hasselbank storyor Lambert has signed for Burnleyand Holt to West Ham If, as stated elsewhere on this thread the story has now been pulled, why would that be ?If it is true as you rather naively seem to think why not stand by it as there is nothing Norwich City can do - and much sky can do by claiming they were first with the story.As to your absurd twaddle that a CEO of a multi million pound company would lie ........... for what. What does he gain if sky has the truth and can blow him out of the water with it ?The simple fact is sky routinely puts up sh ite like this as a matter of course, relying on their need to attract visits to their site and also that those visitors usually have the memory of a goldfish ..... and all too often the intelligence to match as well.

Now, why not put your money where your mouth is Manchester canary and publically call David McNally a liar. I''m sure the Pinkun would be all too happy to run with the story .................

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and who knows sky might even run it as well, albeit with them claiming that they understand that you have evidence of top officials at Norwich City blatantly lying to the press.

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ve just noticed that Sky have now removed the Ruddy rumours from its info bar on SSN and its online website..............hmm?[^o)][/quote]

Nope. Still there. The top story in its Chelsea section.

PurpleCanary: "Nope. Still there. The top story in its Chelsea section."

They have removed any reference to Ruddy being "interested" in a Chelsea move. Quite an important detail.

Generally, though, the only thing Sky Sports "understands" is how to generate page views.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]PurpleCanary: "Nope. Still there. The top story in its Chelsea section."

They have removed any reference to Ruddy being "interested" in a Chelsea move. Quite an important detail.

Generally, though, the only thing Sky Sports "understands" is how to generate page views.[/quote]

But only a detail. The basic story - that Chelsea want (or very recently wanted) to buy Ruddy and have made something anywhere between an approach and an outright bid - is still there. And despite what some posters seem to think, that story, which has been run by other media apparently based on their own sources, has never been denied by Norwich City. And in the past the club has denied stories that were flat-out wrong. Hasn''t done so this time.

May not be as insignificant as you are making out, the question is why would they edit that out? The only reason that I can think of is a complaint from John Ruddy or his agent, and surely a complaint would only be forthcoming if it were to be an inaccurate statement? 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]PurpleCanary: "Nope. Still there. The top story in its Chelsea section." They have removed any reference to Ruddy being "interested" in a Chelsea move. Quite an important detail. Generally, though, the only thing Sky Sports "understands" is how to generate page views.[/quote]

But only a detail. The basic story - that Chelsea want (or very recently wanted) to buy Ruddy and have made something anywhere between an approach and an outright bid - is still there. And despite what some posters seem to think, that story, which has been run by other media apparently based on their own sources, has never been denied by Norwich City. And in the past the club has denied stories that were flat-out wrong. Hasn''t done so this time.

[/quote]

Give it up Purple, you''re making yourself sound simple now, it has now been denied by our manager and CEO, or come out and have the guts to call McNally and CH liars.

Because thats what you''re claiming!

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]PurpleCanary: "Nope. Still there. The top story in its Chelsea section." They have removed any reference to Ruddy being "interested" in a Chelsea move. Quite an important detail. Generally, though, the only thing Sky Sports "understands" is how to generate page views.[/quote]

[/quote]

Give it up Purple, you''re making yourself sound simple now, it has now been denied by our manager and CEO, or come out and have the guts to call McNally and CH liars.

[/quote]
Neither McNally or Hughton, or indeed Ruddy, have said anything which constitutes an outright denial of interest from Chelsea. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Neither McNally or Hughton, or indeed Ruddy, have said anything which constitutes an outright denial of interest from Chelsea. 

[/quote]

Yes they have, they both said NO and Ruddy btw, would not be allowed to pass comment on any PRIVATE club matters without getting into serious bother with our club...............

Thats how we operate.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes they have, they both said NO and Ruddy btw, would not be allowed to pass comment on any PRIVATE club matters without getting into serious bother with our club...............

Thats how we operate.

[/quote]

Simple, Wiz? Sweet of you to say so. I like to feel I am an uncomplicated soul, deep down. Anyway, these are the only official NCFC quotes I have seen:Hughton had a simple response when questioned if the club had received a firm bid for Ruddy: “No, and probably if there was I wouldn’t say it. The best way is to conduct business behind closed doors,” he said. “From McNally on twitter on Friday explaining why he hadn''t tweeted for a few hours: "Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets. Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving."Both are carefully worded and neither comes anywhere near denying the essence of the story that has been carried not just by Sky but by Metro, the Express, the Sun and The Guardian and probably other papers as well, stating Chelsea''s interest in Ruddy not as as Sky rumour which they haven''t confirmed, but as a fact from their own sources. If there is some other quote I have missed that IS an outright denial I will happily concede the point. But you need to find that extra quote.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Give it up Purple, you''re making yourself sound simple now[/quote]

Ooooooh!And from an authority on the subject!

There is a world of difference between ''Ruddy interested in Chelsea'', as opposed to ''Chelsea interested in Ruddy''.

Some of you need to get a job in the Police or MI6, or the Sun. You could misinterpret anything you wanted to.

Don''t know if its been asked or answered elsewhere, but has Ruddy gone to Austria with the rest of the squad?

Right Wiz,

Sky never said Holt was going to West Ham they said West Ham have made a bid. Get your facts right ..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7793435/West-Ham-bid-for-Holt

Sky never said Lambert was going to Burnley, they just said Burnley made an approach....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11708_6639872,00.html

As for the Hasselbank story I can''t find a link but I remember at the time Sky saying Norwich are lining up him as the next Norwich manager. He could have been on the list of potential managers, who knows.

As the previous poster said. Actually read what is being said rather than interpreting what the story means.

As for my claim that McNally was lying. Well all of this seems correct as we''ve accepted a bid for Holt, so we must have been talking to Wigan within the last few days .......