Sign in to follow this  

Sky Sports understand ..............

3 little words, which at the moment are turning a lot of levelled headed City fans into pant wetters over John Ruddy''s desire to leave us, well, if you believe Sly Sports that is!

Despite denials from both Chris Hughton, and today from David McNally, Sly Sports Understands reports carry far greater weight on here it seems.

Think it through.................who would you rather trust and believe?

Sky Sports are a very reliable source most the time hence the panic. But they haven''t actually said that Ruddy WILL join Chelsea.

He''s be a fool to go there. Under Mourinho Chelski will be a basket case this season. Better to stay with a proper bet for Champions League qualification.

Well if he does go to Chelsea you could hardly call him a player because he won''t be playing

People saying a move to Chelsea would damage his England hopes. I disagree. How many players have we seen who don''t play regular football for their team yet they are picked for England just because they play for a big club.

[quote user="Wiz"]

3 little words, which at the moment are turning a lot of levelled headed City fans into pant wetters over John Ruddy''s desire to leave us, well, if you believe Sly Sports that is!

Despite denials from both Chris Hughton, and today from David McNally, Sly Sports Understands reports carry far greater weight on here it seems.

[/quote]

The quote on the Sky internet site is:Sky Sports understand that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Norwich over goalkeeper John Ruddy.That hasn''t been denied by Hughton or McNally. The English language has many more words than any other, with differences and shades of meaning, whch is a boon to people in football, particularly where transfers are concerned.

obviously its going to be denied until its a done deal, ch and dm are hardly going to come out and reveal anything at this stage.

Yes he would be at a bigger club, but he won''t be playing which would probably damage his form. He might still get called up as Chelsea no.2. Next season though Courtois will be back so Ruddy will probably never get called up again because he would almost be the Chelsea no.3

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]Sky Sports are a very reliable source most the time hence the panic. But they haven''t actually said that Ruddy WILL join Chelsea.[/quote]

And Jeffrey Archer is a vary reliable witnessThe one thing sky is reliable for is regularly posting up any old sh ite that it can fill up it''s pages withand so make money from the gormless  - as do mediums/spiritualists and other similar con artists

Personally I find life easier if I don''t worry about things I have no control over.Life will go on if we have a different keeper next season.

[quote user="morty"]Personally I find life easier if I don''t worry about things I have no control over.Life will go on if we have a different keeper next season.[/quote]

And the bid is said to have been rejected

Would rather he went now to allow us time to get proper replacement in. Instead of waiting til August or something and leaving it too late.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

The quote on the Sky internet site is:

Sky Sports understand that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Norwich over goalkeeper John Ruddy.

That hasn''t been denied by Hughton or McNally. The English language has many more words than any other, with differences and shades of meaning, whch is a boon to people in football, particularly where transfers are concerned.

[/quote]

It has been denied Purple so stop being clever.

For Ruddy to be in ''advanced talks'' they would need our permission to do so, so ergo, they would have contacted City, yes?

McNally has just tweeted no contact with any clubs over our players... it seems to me you are calling him a liar.

I can''t understand why everybody assume he is going to be a bench warmer.

Jose is known to shake up the dressing room and If he is looking to invest good money in a new keeper how do any of you know he won''t be pushing for the first team.

Ruddy is a quality keeper and if he signs for them I''m sure he isn''t going there to sit on the bench and will have enough confidence in his ability to think he can push for a starting place.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

The quote on the Sky internet site is:Sky Sports understand that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Norwich over goalkeeper John Ruddy.That hasn''t been denied by Hughton or McNally. The English language has many more words than any other, with differences and shades of meaning, whch is a boon to people in football, particularly where transfers are concerned.

[/quote]

For Ruddy to be in ''advanced talks'' they would need our permission to do so, so ergo, they would have contacted City, yes?

McNally has just tweeted no contact with any clubs over our players... it seems to me you are calling him a liar.

[/quote]Hughton certainly hasn''t denied an approach or talks. He only denied there had been a bid. And what McNally tweeted was:Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving.As far as Ruddy and Chelsea are concerned that leaves open Abramovich talking owner-to-owner with Delia, or Chelsea negotiating with Bowkett, for example.

Both McN and CH have denied that any bid has been made, and the latter actually said that they don''t normally comment on any discussions or negotiations, but he could say that no bid had yet been made for any of his squad. That''s pretty clear.

Whether informal discussions, short of a bid, have been held is another matter. Perhaps Chelsea have sounded out CR, and perhaps in the discussion £5m was mentioned, and CR asserted that it would take £10m for them to contemplate selling Ruddy.

Perhaps also, Ruddy''s agent has been approached - this is not illegal and is they way the big clubs approach target players indirectly. Perhaps it was this kind of approach which led to the keeper expressing an interest. This may not be illegal, but it is a way to unsettle players which has been used by the big boys in the past, to make them put pressure on their clubs. We may not like this rather underhand way of dealing, but it goes on.

Hughton also made it clear Norwich are not interested in offloading

their best players with persistent speculation around the futures of

John Ruddy and Grant Holt. Hughton had a simple response when questioned

if the club had received a firm bid for either.

“No, and probably if there was I wouldn’t say it."Doesn''t this translate as "no, and if there had been I''d still say no"?

Wiz - Sky doesn''t "make stuff up". More often than not when Sky say something will happen it will. Read the words very carefully. Sky aren''t saying Ruddy will join Chelsea, they are saying that we are in negotiations with Chelsea.

I suppose Sky have ruined football as well Wiz with the increased amount of coverage? Old people old ways ....

People quoting £10 million for him

Errrr I''d break wrists for £10 million for a goalkeeper there is life beyond John ruddy.

We''ve always managed to get a decent goalkeeper and £10 million would certain fetch us another decent goalkeeper.

[quote user="Salopian"]

Both McN and CH have denied that any bid has been made, and the latter actually said that they don''t normally comment on any discussions or negotiations, but he could say that no bid had yet been made for any of his squad. That''s pretty clear.

Whether informal discussions, short of a bid, have been held is another matter. Perhaps Chelsea have sounded out CR, and perhaps in the discussion £5m was mentioned, and CR asserted that it would take £10m for them to contemplate selling Ruddy.

Perhaps also, Ruddy''s agent has been approached - this is not illegal and is they way the big clubs approach target players indirectly. Perhaps it was this kind of approach which led to the keeper expressing an interest. This may not be illegal, but it is a way to unsettle players which has been used by the big boys in the past, to make them put pressure on their clubs. We may not like this rather underhand way of dealing, but it goes on.

[/quote]
That''s the point isn''t it.  McNally''s tweet just ruled out himself being in advanced talks.
And as that''s history now, anything could still happen from now on.  If he goes, he goes. But I trust the club to not let it happen ''on the cheap''.

Most Chelsea fans I speak to suggest he will get plenty of first team action. Chelsea have plenty of competitions to play in next season.

JVC wrote: “No, and probably if there was I wouldn’t say it." Doesn''t this translate as "no, and if there had been I''d still say no"?

IMO, it doesn''t. CH answered the question and then went back to the Club line about not talking about transfers. There have been no quotes from Ruddy or even Chelsea about this. It''s just journo speculation followed by aggravated ''chinese whispers''!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wiz, I am not the one being "clever" here. Do you not understand that everybody in football lies? Not necessarily outright lies, but sometimes by way of a "clever" use of words, to give a false impression. And in some cases saying something that looks like a total denial, but if you read it carefully stops short of being so. Ansd often what is being banked upon is that fans will not understand the nuances, the crucial differences of meaning.

[quote user="super canary"]obviously its going to be denied until its a done deal, ch and dm are hardly going to come out and reveal anything at this stage.[/quote]No it won''t be denied, the question would be ignored. McNally wouldn''t come out and deny talks have taken place if they had, he just wouldn''t say anything at all. Complete non starter story for me, Hughton has denied any bids have taken place, McNally has said he hasn''t been in any discussions with Chelsea (and all discussions would go through McNally not Delia or Bowkett as someone else said......) so no need to wet your pants. Even if he did go eventually it would be for a lot of money.Sky Sports produces dribble all the time its never a reliable source until the deal is common knowledge anyway

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="super canary"]obviously its going to be denied until its a done deal, ch and dm are hardly going to come out and reveal anything at this stage.[/quote]No it won''t be denied, the question would be ignored. McNally wouldn''t come out and deny talks have taken place if they had, he just wouldn''t say anything at all. Complete non starter story for me, Hughton has denied any bids have taken place, McNally has said he hasn''t been in any discussions with Chelsea (and all discussions would go through McNally not Delia or Bowkett as someone else said......) so no need to wet your pants. Even if he did go eventually it would be for a lot of money.Sky Sports produces dribble all the time its never a reliable source until the deal is common knowledge anyway[/quote]

A complete non starter? A little naive. A chance to go to a team who will be challenging for all the honors next season-i think this will happen.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="super canary"]obviously its going to be denied until its a done deal, ch and dm are hardly going to come out and reveal anything at this stage.[/quote]No it won''t be denied, the question would be ignored. McNally wouldn''t come out and deny talks have taken place if they had, he just wouldn''t say anything at all. Complete non starter story for me, Hughton has denied any bids have taken place, McNally has said he hasn''t been in any discussions with Chelsea (and all discussions would go through McNally not Delia or Bowkett as someone else said......) so no need to wet your pants. Even if he did go eventually it would be for a lot of money.Sky Sports produces dribble all the time its never a reliable source until the deal is common knowledge anyway[/quote]

A complete non starter? A little naive. A chance to go to a team who will be challenging for all the honors next season-i think this will happen.[/quote]I never said it wouldn''t happen, I said the story was a non starter, which has been proved right by McNally and Hughton......