Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Becchio

Looks like he''ll be Holt''s direct replacement, and i think we''ll try and get two new strikers completely different to Holt. Maybe some more pace and brute stregnth so RVW can feed off the scraps.

Anyone think he can fill the void left by Holt at least in playing terms?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looks like he''ll be Holt''s direct replacement, and i think we''ll try and get two new strikers completely different to Holt. Maybe some more pace and brute stregnth so RVW can feed off the scraps. Anyone think he can fill the void left by Holt at least in playing terms?[/quote]

No.

No. We will never be able to replace Grant Holt.

Something fresh and new is what we need.

[quote user="Nicko"]No. We will never be able to replace Grant Holt. Something fresh and new is what we need.[/quote]

The same was said about Dublin, I believe Becchio was brought in as Holts replacement and also believe with Redmond and RVW we could be on to good things next season, just need a bit of time and a couple more to sign to complete the line up.  

If we get Toivonen he will be AM but also capable of playing the striker role and we will most likely get another striker, this will leave Becchio as a squad player. I don''t think we are necessarily looking for a "Holt" replacement, I believe we might see us move on from the target man type of player that will start week in week out. 

Becchio is more skilful and mobile but isn''t as direct or hard working as Holt. They''re different players IMO but I certainly think that he can do a job

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Becchio is more skilful and mobile but isn''t as direct or hard working as Holt. They''re different players IMO but I certainly think that he can do a job [/quote]

Becchio works very hard.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looks like he''ll be Holt''s direct replacement, and i think we''ll try and get two new strikers completely different to Holt. Maybe some more pace and brute stregnth so RVW can feed off the scraps.

Anyone think he can fill the void left by Holt at least in playing terms?[/quote]Based on what?  The window is open for months.You have no idea what players we will buy.Stop wetting your pants.

No matter what your thoughts are on Holt, to believe Becchio can replace him is moronic nonsense!

If Holt goes it will be interesting to see if people change their blase attitude to Holt''s attributes, contribution to the team and departure as next season progresses.

Hardly pant wetting, as i stated i think we''ll sign two new players. I just don''t think they will be Holt replacements as we''ve got that covered already with Becchio.

NM, i meant in playing style. Becchio isn''t as effective as an on song holt in my book, but provides a useful option in the Holt mould. RVW will be Holt''s true replacement, but we will play differently next season. The thought of RVW having a supply line of Fer, Toivonen, Redmond and Snodgrass is mouthwatering!

There will be games when we need a more physical threat than RVW alone though and in them games, Becchio is your man.

Becchio looked like he will adapt to the prem - it was the lack of CHs picking him that raises doubts.

I think he can comfortably fulfil a fourth strikers role at the club.

I''m not sure what I''m suppose to be basing my opinion of Becchio on. If he can find the form he was in at Leeds before we bought him, then yes, of course he can replace Holt. 46 goals in 110 championship games. If he can get to one every other in the prem then its happy days!

Seeing as he hasn''t had a proper chance to play in the Prem yet I think its impossible to tell. He definitely linked up well with Howson for "that goal"