Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

What on earth is going on?!

I was genuinely excited about this window, no need to sell, progressive club, up to £30m to spend, and yet other than Redmond joining (RVW had already agreed deal) we have 2 key players that look like they are about to leave!

The only way i can forgive these two leaving is if some absolute beastly deals are done to replace them. £10m double deal for Forster and Hooper? Perhaps we should be aiming even higher.

No panic, still 6 weeks to sort it out. I just hadn''t envisaged having to deal with first team players leaving.

I''m hoping these deals work like buying a house with a chain. Perhaps behind the scenes, we''ve secured a couple of top targets already to sort out the gaps left by Ruddy and Holt.

Too early to panic. Think the Ruddy thing has surprised everybody, but the time to panic is early-August if our squad doesn''t look strong. 

as far as I''m aware norwich haven''t accepted anything for ruddy yet.

one player is looking like he is going who wasn''t likely to be a regular starter.

nothing against holt, love the man, but some people are way overreacting.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]No panic, still 6 weeks to sort it out. I just hadn''t envisaged having to deal with first team players leaving.

I''m hoping these deals work like buying a house with a chain. Perhaps behind the scenes, we''ve secured a couple of top targets already to sort out the gaps left by Ruddy and Holt.[/quote]The chain analogy is a good one, I doubt McNally is stupid enough to let clubs talk to our players until we have other deals nearly in the bag.

In reply to the OP''s original question, the answer is very simple.

It''s the transfer window and Norwich City have let some players go, have sold some others and are buying in quality replacements. Really nothing to worry about - in fact something to be rather excited about I would say.

"What on earth is going on?!"

Correct answer - I don''t know, and neither do you, or any of us. Nor can we influence it, so just go with the flow.

"What on earth is going on?!"

The pant wetters are drowning in their own piss whilst the whingers are over-hyping the situation hoping it will all end in doom and gloom.

I do think we are selling Holt a year too soon. There are a whole list of clubs out there who believe, just when they think they''ve got his league cracked and can finally move forward, it comes back to bite them.

If Holt leaves, then the sum total of PL goals between our existing strike force will be NIL. We so needed Holt to help bridge that gap between existing and new incoming strikers IMHO.

[quote user="flecky76"]I do think we are selling Holt a year too soon. There are a whole list of clubs out there who believe, just when they think they''ve got his league cracked and can finally move forward, it comes back to bite them.

If Holt leaves, then the sum total of PL goals between our existing strike force will be NIL. We so needed Holt to help bridge that gap between existing and new incoming strikers IMHO.[/quote]Agreed.In other news McNally has just appeared on Twitter and is being EXTREMELY coy.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]quote user="Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"]Mark my words.

If Holty leaves, we will regret it. Big time. [/quote

Because?[/quote]Club legend, still got a lot to give the team.Ricky and the others we sign might have promise but I would just feel better if we kept Holty to ease the transition.

Maybe I''m just being too sentimental but I''d keep him .

WFL GH.

[quote user="flecky76"]I do think we are selling Holt a year too soon. There are a whole list of clubs out there who believe, just when they think they''ve got his league cracked and can finally move forward, it comes back to bite them.

If Holt leaves, then the sum total of PL goals between our existing strike force will be NIL. We so needed Holt to help bridge that gap between existing and new incoming strikers IMHO.[/quote]
Wolves were relegated in their third season, we aren''t in the clear yet. 

If Holt leaves, then the sum total of PL goals between our existing strike force will be NIL. We so needed Holt to help bridge that gap between existing and new incoming strikers IMHO.[/quote]
Wolves were relegated in their third season, we aren''t in the clear yet. 

What do people mean by ''bridging the gap''? Showing them how to score a goal? (RVW is a Dutch international) If it''s Hooper, then that isn''t required either. Show them where to park at Colney? The correct way to do their laces up?

Tell them who not to share a room with on away trips?

Show them where Nandos is? What exactly?

you''d think the man (and the club) were dying by some of the reactions on here! my god!

he''s a legend, yes.

he''s helped us, yes.

but this time last year, weren''t you all saying "we will be fine without him" when he was ready to leave us? what''s so different now? besides the fact that we have more money.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]you''d think the man (and the club) were dying by some of the reactions on here! my god!

he''s a legend, yes.

he''s helped us, yes.

but this time last year, weren''t you all saying "we will be fine without him" when he was ready to leave us? what''s so different now? besides the fact that we have more money.[/quote]I''m well aware that I''m (more than likely!) letting my sentimentality affect my judgement about the whole Holt situation.

I f*cking love him.

Would definitely keep for one more year.

im not worried, well, not too muchcity are stepping up a level. i dont mind seeing players leave, what worries me is how long it will take hughton to get the new signings to gel

Nice hot weather at the moment, no worries for Anglian Water and a drought. A few City fans of a nervous disposition easily cure that.

It''s the life of football. We won''t sell unless we can get equal or better in now and I''m pretty sure at this stage of returning to the Premiership the ones who have got us to where we are now won''t shoot ourselves in the foot. We''ve got RvW in, a potentially massive improvement on last years no show in front of goal last season.

Lets not forget majority of us on here towards end of last season wanted to start Kei/Becchio ahead of Holt. We are looking to sign better players. Surely now is less of an issue than last season.

Lets wait and see what happens and why. If Holt wants to leave to be closer to his family then personally I''ll wish him all the best and hope he and Wigan go out and win the Europa League. If its a football decision by Hughton and his team, I think its a mistake, and rightly or wrongly, its one that will almost certainly be used against him by the fans if things don''t go well.

Good grief, it''s a football team not a synchronised swimming troupe. If highly paid players can''t sort themselves on the pitch there''s something wrong about the whole set up.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Mark my words.

If Holty leaves, we will regret it. Big time. [/quote]Thanks Wiz.