Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Francis Must Stay

A lot of talk has been about how Damo must go but he''s vital to the team and the thought we could replace him at the drop of a hat is quite frankly laughable. Yes he was a let down at the end of season but IMO he was simply a victim of his awesome form in the first half of the season where he was being compared to Viera. He''s Six foot Four, Box to Box, 10 goals a season midfield man and is still quite young. We''ve haven''t had anyone like him since well before my time.....

Whatsmore unlike Green(Gallacher, Lewis, Ward) and Ashton(Svensson, Leon, Hucks) we have no replacements whatsoever. At the rate we going to only have Holt and Safri in Midfield for next year.

Face it he must stay 

You have too be kidding. No one denies his ability, that was why he was signed.

It''s his application that is in question. Masochist that I am I sat down and watched the Fulham v City game to see how bad we were from a sideways view.

Time and time and time again Francis did not make a challenge. Numerous times he was walking or had his back to play.

He has had minimal commitment during games for quite a while. That doesn''t promise much for next season.

he should go.

NOW !

I''ve got him in the back of the car. We''re on our way to The Valley and I''m paying for the diesel.

He''s always been prone to nodding off, but usually made up for it. He was appalling against B''ham and Fulham. He''s not interested. Get rid while he''s worth a few bob.

No doubt about his talent - all about the application.

I can''t help thinking that his problem is inconsistency and possibly bottle, rather than blatant disinterest as is often suggested.

I''d rather Worthy fixed the problem instead of selling him. Nothing like a season in the championship for him to rediscover himself.

[quote]I''ve got him in the back of the car. We''re on our way to The Valley and I''m paying for the diesel. He''s always been prone to nodding off, but usually made up for it. He was appalling against B''ham an...[/quote]

Avenging Canary

If you run out of diesel, let me know and I will push you there!!!

hes a good player and would love him to stay

but i really think we can find better elsewhere

I never want hime to waer the yellow and green again. The guy was a disgrace in the biggest game we have ever played. We can''t afford to play with 10 men. My car is also available to guarantee that journey to Charlton gets completed.

If he''d have turned up the Fulham game could have been very different and we could now be contemplating another season in the Premiership. What he did was unforgiveable. I''d rather have Gary Holt playing putting in 300% effort than Francis putting in 3%

Jose Mourinho has two players for every position in his squad, there is a reason for that.

No squad member can coast through a Chelsea game, otherwise they don''t play the next one.

Francis has not had that pressure, he knew when he was fit he would play.

For him to remain at Carrow Road I think we need to bring in 2 or 3 quality midfielders, then we may see the ''old'' Francis again.

However I am concerned that the staff at NCFC have blatantly failed in motivating him recently.

Does anyone know if we have a Sports Psychologist?

I know this might sound outrageous, but do you think it was in Francis best interests for us to be relegated? and if so, knowing this would he deliberately play badly?

I for one dont care if he stays when you have to question whether his mind is set for any match its time to get rid. To  think we pay good money for him to swan about when he feels like it if i done this at my work my p45 would be waiting lets get what we can for him.What he did at fulham is unforgiveable. 

When I criticised Francis about 7 or 8 games ago, everyone had a go at me -I have watched him very closely in all of those games and he is a lazy poseur, who thinks nothing happens outside of London.

Get money for him while we can and get a replacement who tries (and please not another Stuart who spent more time on TV than on the pitch).

I agree with canary and linnett on this one - Damo has now had two full seasons at city where he has threatened to look the business but has had no real pressure to perform well as there is no one at the club to take his place.

Worthy cant drop him as there is no alternative and if he does decide to appear then he does have an impact - either worhy finds out how to motivate him, brings in competition to see what he can do or we sell him. 

Despite his laziness I would still have Damo in the team ahead of Holt despite the Fulham debacle - he MAY have an impact on the game at that level, Holt is unlikely to...

OTBC    

[quote]A lot of talk has been about how Damo must go but he''s vital to the team and the thought we could replace him at the drop of a hat is quite frankly laughable. Yes he was a let down at the end of seaso...[/quote]

Truly not bothered now Ulf, if you don''t want to play no more for our wonderful club.........sod off!.

Ditto to Greeno and anyone else, sorry.

Well it looks to me that no one has come up with a good reason apart from the fact he was rubbish against Fulham (Who Wasn''t - the whole team looked lost when we went 1-0 nil down) and wasn''t a shining light at the end of the season. Both are true, but selling him would blow a huge hole in the centre of midfield - say he goes and so does McVeigh, Jonson, Helveg - we then have two midfield players - one gets a serious injury then the starting midfield is Holt.

This would not be the case if Green went we have Ward, Gallacher or even Lewis. Unlike wise with Ashton (Svensson, Leon, Hucks, Jarvis etc...)

It reminds me of the year we sold Andy Johnson, Crook retired and Milligan did his knee and the starting midfield was Sutch and Mills.

Also the thought that if we sold him we could get say a Sidwell, Tonge, Koumas is way off that standard of player will not come now we are a Championship Side.