Sign in to follow this  

When i saw the headline of the original post i was scared to look, thinking we had signed the crocked Glenn Murray from Palarse, or our former "star" Ian Murray.

Thank gawd it wasn''t about either of them!

I remember for years Steve Davis used to get it for having no personality and ironically labelled him interesting.  Then during the back end of his career when he took his snooker blinkers off, he was a completely different person.
Moral of the story.  We may not have seen the other side of Murray yet. So it''s unwise to knock him on that aspect imo.

[quote user="morty"]Andy Murray won 1.6 million from winning Wimbledon today, and has donated the lot to Cancer research.Stick that in your miserable ar$es.[/quote]

Really???

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="morty"]Andy Murray won 1.6 million from winning Wimbledon today, and has donated the lot to Cancer research.Stick that in your miserable ar$es.[/quote]

Really???[/quote]Apparently so. No I don''t have a source, other than twitter, but if it is genuine, I assume it will make mainstream news soon.*Morty can not be held legally responsible for twitter stuff that turns out to be bull$hit.

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="morty"]Andy Murray won 1.6 million from winning Wimbledon today, and has donated the lot to Cancer research.Stick that in your miserable ar$es.[/quote]

Really???[/quote]
His best mate had cancer.

Whether he donates his winnings or not, it is a huge achievement. Until Murray, and to some extent Henman, we (the British) had been shocking at tennis for years. Not een producing players Capable of making the second week of major tournaments, let alone winning them.

I can''t say I''m a fan or otherwise, however the outpouring of emotion made it clear what it meant to both him and to tennis/sports fans generally.

So, well done Sir Andy (Olympic gold AND Wimbledon - nailed on along with SPOTY) on a massive win.

Choose tennis. Choose a job.....

I''m with GP on this. The whole disliking Murray because "he has no personality" or because "he''s scottish" is irritating. I swear only in Britain could we produce a world class sportsman and find a lame reason to dislike him/her.

I actually can''t understand why anyone wouldn''t like Murray. He seems like a decent down to earth guy with a decent family who works really hard to achieve success. He''s passionate and a good role model for our youth I''d say. So what if he doesn''t smile much, he''s a sportsman, not a comedian! Apparently off the court he''s actually a jokey and popular chap. He''s just guarded in front of the media after he got screwed over by that hack who took his "anyone but the English" banter with Henman out of context and splashed it over the tabloids.

As for the Scottish thing, that just baffles me. He''s primarily Scottish and then British. I''m primarily English and then British. Both our passports say the United Kingdom of Great Britain. He enjoys us supporting him, I enjoy supporting him, so what''s the big deal? It doesn''t seem to be an issue when the Olympics are on when all the English support Chris Hoy or the Scots support Jessica Ennis etc!

Here''s hoping he wins more grand slams. Well done Murray!

I did notice that bugwit Alex Salmond starting to produce a big St.Andrews flag and the BBC cameras quickly switched shots. I''ve a feeling that dufus will try and use Murray for his political propaganda.  And try and stir up this Scottish/British nonsense.

Not football related??

Well perhaps some of these greedy footballers should stop and think for a while on their £100k a week wages. To donate his winnings is a fantastic gesture.

Well don Andy, I like others have changed my opinion of you.