Sign in to follow this  

Justin Rose winning the US Open.

The Lions victory in Australia.

Murray winning Wimbledon.

Frome winning the Tour de France (??) and finally ............................. ........

..................... An  Ashes whitewash.

This would make for quite a Summer. Throw in Fer, Toivenen, Olsson and Hooper coming to CR and I might just get [B] ed-up for the Winter. 

hes scottish though, we hate them only marginally less than the germans, dirty uncouth ginger alcoholic troglodytes

iron-stan you''re a complete and utter prat.

Andy Murray, what a win, what an achievement. True legend now. I really potty those who continue to put him down, he''s just achieved something nearly all of us will never come close to.

McNally masterstroke .... quietly sell Grant Holt while Murray steals all the attention

[quote user="Gingerpele"]iron-stan you''re a complete and utter prat. .[/quote]you sir are the forum moron

and you might want to my hook out your cheeksucker :D

Well said GP.A BRITISH player wins Wimbledon for the first time in 77 years.   Wow.    If you want to relate it to NCFC, just use it as an example of desire, hard work and making the most of your talent to reach the pinnacle of your sport - something any of our players could be inspired by, whatever their nationality. If you can''t celebrate that...............

Consistency is one of the many things I love in the English: in tennis they are British in footie/rugby they''re not. Nongtheless, Murray was ace.

The boy played exceptionally,I don''t think nd played to the standards he has set this year. But it seemed to all fall into place. Verdasco tough game and the semi final was ok... You can only beat who is in front of you and without nadal and feeders he had a bit of a walk in. No tsonga, ferrer in the other side of the draw, berdych also in the other side. Del potro was again superb and what a semi final that was, final written all over it.

It was a great two weeks, amazing final and now we can move on with the rest of the tour. It has been an amazing season with nadal''s charge, del potro''s form and so many stories. A great era in men''s tennis. Murray deserved the win by beating who was in front of him so roll on the ATP tour and us open

Cracking match, he played out of his skin.And a well deserved Scottish victory.[:)]

I thought it was Tim Henman until today.

Not as if its football or boxing is it, only bloody tennis.

I didn''t even realise anybody apart from cliff Richards still watched it.

I used to love babmington when I was at school so have to say well done Tim, oh I mean Andy.

Whether tennis is your thing or not, it is a truly magnificent achievement. In that heat, that pressure, on your own for over 3 hours, is something that any sports fan can only admire. So chuffed for the guy. Not media savvy, but that''s one reason why he has achieved what he has.

Inspirational.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Best thing for me is that that''s Sports Personality of the Year sorted so we won''t have a month''s nonsense about who will win.[/quote]

Don''t you actually need a personality to win that?

Stephen Fry tweeted: "Whoooooooooooooooooop! Lions win, Justin Rose US open champion and NOW!!!!!!!! So happy I did a little wee"

Exactly how I felt at the time!

Andy Murray won 1.6 million from winning Wimbledon today, and has donated the lot to Cancer research.Stick that in your miserable ar$es.

If anyone saw the charity game. With him / Boris Johnson / Jimmy Carr / Johnathon Ross etcYou would know he''s actually pretty funnyWhen he hit Lendl he was hilarious.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22933021

I love the ''he''s miserable'' stuff almost as much as the anti-English crap.

Half the time when you''ll have seen, heard or read an interview with him, it''ll be straight after a match. Do you really expect him to be jolly and happy? Ok, he doesn''t have the greatest personality in the world, or the most charisma. He''s not the only sportsperson who is a bit boring to watch talk after a match. And ok, even not in those situations, why does he have to be a bundle of joy? Maybe he just doesn''t like the media, thats fair enough.

And even if he is just a miserable b@stard, why does that even matter? He''s an absolutely fantastic tennis player. If you didn''t like his play style, at least thats a logical reason to not really ''like him'' because the only ''like'' or ''dislike'' unless you know him in person you should really be able to judge him by is his tennis ability. If he becomes a pundit after he''s done playing, then it might matter.