Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Fee agreed with Wigan for Holt

IF this was the case on Friday - From McNally on twitter on Friday explaining why he hadn''t tweeted for a few hours: "Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets. Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving."

How are we at fee agreed etc with Wigan for Holt?  That sounds like it''s at quite an advanced stage if true.

[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

IF this was the case on Friday - From McNally on twitter on Friday explaining why he hadn''t tweeted for a few hours: "Right,busy this pm & so I haven''t responded to tweets. Can confirm though that I haven''t been in talks with clubs about any one leaving."

How are we at fee agreed etc with Wigan for Holt?  That sounds like it''s at quite an advanced stage if true.

[:^)]

[/quote]

He only really says that he hadn''t been in talks Friday afternoon. Might have sorted it out Friday morning and spent the afternoon hearing about the time Dave Whelan broke his leg at Wembley.

Has anyone considered that Holty may have had a big influence in all this transfer?

As in, he may have found out that other forwards are on their way in, and CH may have said to him, that Grant would be 3rd choice, not guaranteed a starting place? Holt may have thought , that after signing a nice juicy contract only 12 months ago, that life was just as he had hoped. Not now, so once a Club (Wigan) tried their hand a bit, that Holt went to the Board/Manager and said, he was happy to go?

BBC reporting it as well Wiz, but I guess Sky get everything wrong ..............

[quote user="super canary"]it''s pretty much common knowledge now Wiz....accept it and move on.[/quote]

No SC, I won''t accept it UNTIL City confirm it one way or the other.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="super canary"]it''s pretty much common knowledge now Wiz....accept it and move on.[/quote]

No SC, I won''t accept it UNTIL City confirm it one way or the other.

[/quote]

Fair enough. But are you saying you think there is nothing at all in this?

the difference a year makes when holty handed in his transfer request last year It was un thinkable will let him go and would have probably seen us go down however just 12 months on the majority would be happy for him to leave us with the likes of rvw coming in

I understand the reasoning behind it, he wanted to return north again and we can better cash in on him if the price is right. Sad to see Holt go, but I think it could be a great bit of bussiness by McNally

Feel gutted the big man may go. He was a  major part of one of the best periods in our clubs history. I know there is no official news yet, but I have never seen such widespread reports, without it being true.

Just leaves enough time to try and hijack Swansea''s attempt to sign Wilfried Bony.....

@Francomb_7: @Grantholt31 get them boys singing out there @jamardunga @ewanmcneil_ and the rest of them lool 😜

George Francombe just tweeted this to holt! Dunga is in Austria so looks like Holt is out there!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]What does Grant say on his Twitter?[/quote]Not a thing.

mbncfc1 wrote:

"12 months on the majority would be happy for him to leave us with the likes of rvw coming in"

The poll from the past few days would suggest, quite convincingly, the opposite.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]mbncfc1 wrote:

"12 months on the majority would be happy for him to leave us with the likes of rvw coming in"

The poll from the past few days would suggest, quite convincingly, the opposite.[/quote]

Except that, as Official Scrutineer of that poll, I did notice that already two posters who said we should KEEP Holt under ALL circumstances have now turned round and said that actually under THESE circumstances we should sell Holt. And it is  fair guess that many more of the KEEPs think the same.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

The poll from the past few days would suggest, quite convincingly, the opposite.[/quote]

Except that, as Official Scrutineer of that poll, I did notice that already two posters who said we should KEEP Holt under ALL circumstances have now turned round and said that actually under THESE circumstances we should sell Holt. And it is  fair guess that many more of the KEEPs think the same.

[/quote]
Go on then, name names! 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]
For the record I said EAT. And we''ve still got time before Monday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

Holty has been an inspirational player for this club and there is always a tinge of sadness when such a player leaves however that is the nature of football.

[/quote]

Well said and I am in full agreement with you Dr.Crafty.

[/quote]

Now then. About these medical shenanigans......

Are they conducted by a proper doctor[:^)]

[/quote]

Like those that have released you back into the community? Don''t seem to have done much for your jealous obsession.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]
Go on then, name names! 

[/quote]

Oh no, As Official Scrutineer I have to be seen to be above such gutter-press tactics. But I confess, and this is very sad, I had taken a mental note of a few KEEP names (one in particular), because it didn''t take a genius to work out we might well sell Holt, and there would be a few posters hurriedly changing tack. A bit like the European Communist parties in world war two who found the Hitler-Stalin Pact suddenly meant they had to regard the Nazis not as mortal enemies but firm friends.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]
Go on then, name names! 

[/quote]

Oh no, As Official Scrutineer I have to be seen to be above such gutter-press tactics. But I confess, and this is very sad, I had taken a mental note of a few KEEP names (one in particular), because it didn''t take a genius to work out we might well sell Holt, and there would be a few posters hurriedly changing tack. A bit like the European Communist parties in world war two who found the Hitler-Stalin Pact suddenly meant they had to regard the Nazis not as mortal enemies but firm friends.

[/quote]
In your role as Official Scrutineer you should perhaps consider, in the interests of impartiality, also monitoring those who have voted ''SELL'' but may at some stage in the future claim that we should have kept Holt and that they never wanted him gone.

Living that far away from his Wife and Girls was never going to work. Family comes first.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

Holty has been an inspirational player for this club and there is always a tinge of sadness when such a player leaves however that is the nature of football.

[/quote]

Well said and I am in full agreement with you Dr.Crafty.

[/quote]

Now then. About these medical shenanigans......

Are they conducted by a proper doctor[:^)]

[/quote]

Like those that have released you back into the community? Don''t seem to have done much for your jealous obsession.

[/quote]

Well I was just wondering...

Remember Doc Hilton? He was a proper doctor as well as factory doctor and police doctor. I don''t remember you doing the blood tests though. Perhaps that was before you qualified[:^)]

It''s a lucrative game to be in these days Crafty! Man Citeh''s club doc is called a Senior Medical Officer and he''s on £140k!! Beats the hell out of bog cleaning, bingo calling and teaching...

It''s an odd one, I was devastated when he handed in the request last summer, but he hasn''t quite clicked with the system this season and at times he hasn''t seemed the same holt. We know he probably could cut it again, but we can''t risk another average season as we look to kick on and take the next step.

So hard to call, he has been such a huge figure for the club and a true legend, if he goes he goes with my blessing and trust that we have someone lined up.