Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Fee agreed with Wigan for Holt

And that''s it - "Sky Sports sources say........"  No evidence to back it up, other than apparently they''ve suspended betting on Holt going to Wigan because a load of money went on to it on Skybet in the past couple of days.

Yep, came up on the SSN yellow thingy at the bottom of the screen. Saying that talks are now to be held between Holt and Wigan, which explains why he hasnt gone to Austria.

Would be surprised if they agree terms unless we have told him we don''t want him anymore.

Great player that won''t eclipse his first prem season so anything above 2 mill and I would be happy .

All the best Holt

[quote user="Foghorn"]

And that''s it - "Sky Sports sources say........"  No evidence to back it up, other than apparently they''ve suspended betting on Holt going to Wigan because a load of money went on to it on Skybet in the past couple of days.

[/quote]What evidence do you actually think you would see? Photos of Grant in Wigan?

[quote user="Foghorn"]

[/quote]

I would imagine, should Holt agree terms, that this will happen. I''m aware that some on here maybe in denial, but it all sort of makes sense for player and clubs. Holt will want to be playing football next season, he isnt one for bench warming. Also, its up North which is where he wants to be. I will miss him however, a huge part of our recent history. Thanks Grant and good luck.

No, Morty, I''ll believe it when ther''s something more substanstial than "Sky Ports sources say", like McNally or CH coming out with a statement. Until then, everything is just gossip and speculation, along with all the players we''re supposed to be linked with coming in.

[quote user="Foghorn"]No, Morty, I''ll believe it when ther''s something more substanstial than "Sky Ports sources say", like McNally or CH coming out with a statement. Until then, everything is just gossip and speculation, along with all the players we''re supposed to be linked with coming in.[/quote]

Your in the denial stage of the 7.....pain and guilt is next but, go easy on yourself, its not completely your fault he is off.

[quote user="Foghorn"]No, Morty, I''ll believe it when ther''s something more substanstial than "Sky Ports sources say", like McNally or CH coming out with a statement. Until then, everything is just gossip and speculation, along with all the players we''re supposed to be linked with coming in.[/quote]The point is though that there is actually nothing between "Unsubstantiated rumour" and "Grant Holt signs" though.The vast majority of talks are held in private., I suspect the next concrete thing we hear is that he has signed.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Pant wetting overdrive[/quote]

How exactly? Or do you just like saying it to feel a sense of belonging?

If he goes he goes the club will still be here we will sign a replacement and the club goes on. Players come and go its the nature of the beast why all the cr@p about signings not signing or players leaving really jacks me off.

Why everyone gets so excited I will never know.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]If he goes he goes the club will still be here we will sign a replacement and the club goes on. Players come and go its the nature of the beast why all the cr@p about signings not signing or players leaving really jacks me off.

Why everyone gets so excited I will never know.[/quote]

And who exactly, on this thread, is going into meltdown about this news?

Ideally what people need to do is trust the board, and specifically McNally.When he says that everything is done purely for the benefit of Norwich City Football Club, I frankly believe him. I believe we have a board, and owners,  that genuinely cares about our club, as opposed to a band of fly by night foreigners looking to make a fast buck.As has been said, players come and go, and it is the measure of a good manager / board knowing just when is the right time to offload a player.I think people are confusing nowadays with ten or fifteen years ago when as soon as we got anyone decent, he was sold. We really haven''t been that club for quite a long time now.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I would respectfully point u to the current top 2 threads f@@@ wit[/quote]

and i would respectfully remind you that i said THIS THREAD.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Has Holt gone to Austria?Also Dave Whelan is never shy about transfers and haven''t heard anything from him.[/quote]

no he hasnt

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Has Holt gone to Austria?Also Dave Whelan is never shy about transfers and haven''t heard anything from him.[/quote]

no he hasnt[/quote]How do you know Holt hasn''t gone to Austria?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I am a Banana just "made a smoothie" at this news.[/quote]

Wouldn''t go that far, but it is music to my ears!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Has Holt gone to Austria?Also Dave Whelan is never shy about transfers and haven''t heard anything from him.[/quote]

no he hasnt[/quote]How do you know Holt hasn''t gone to Austria?[/quote]

i dont, im assuming.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Has Holt gone to Austria?Also Dave Whelan is never shy about transfers and haven''t heard anything from him.[/quote]

i dont, im assuming.[/quote]Yup, thought so[Y]

This Holt rubbish just isn''t going away.

I literally can''t understand why the club would want to sell its most influential player. The club captain. It doesn''t add up. It doesn''t make any sense.

Next season Holt is capable of scoring goals for us, shaking things up on pitch, winning games. Why would they let a player of his calibre leave?

Furthermore why would be want to leave only a year after finally getting his big contract? Wigan surely can''t match that. And as for his missus wanting him closer, fair enough. But I''ll bet any money she''d prefer him to earn the big bucks for a couple more years.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="super canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Has Holt gone to Austria?Also Dave Whelan is never shy about transfers and haven''t heard anything from him.[/quote]

i dont, im assuming.[/quote]Yup, thought so[Y][/quote]

hey, at least i didnt claim ITK!!!!!

You know what though, I bet you there are journos looking at this message board now, fishing for tidbits, seeing what stories they can stir up.And before you know it, dripping wet pants all over the fine city, just because someone talked a load of old pony on a forum.Loose lips sink ships.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]You know what though, I bet you there are journos looking at this message board now, fishing for tidbits, seeing what stories they can stir up.And before you know it, dripping wet pants all over the fine city, just because someone talked a load of old pony on a forum.Loose lips sink ships.[:)][/quote]

you know what? i bet there isnt.