Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

One club heroes.

Le Tissier at Southampton, Terry at Chelsea, Neville at Man U, the list goes on. When was our last one club hero?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Daryl Sutch nearly made it didn''t he?[/quote]He would do if you changed the spelling of "heroes" by replacing the "h" with a "z".

Drury doesn''t count, Peterborough and Leeds...

Crook had time at 1p5wich.

I''m being strict. As a youngster, i can''t 100% remember if Stringer had more than 1 club, Sutch is the closest so far and not exactly what i''d call hero material. If only that penalty had gone in!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Drury doesn''t count, Peterborough and Leeds...

I''m being strict. As a youngster, i can''t 100% remember if Stringer had more than 1 club, Sutch is the closest so far and not exactly what i''d call hero material. If only that penalty had gone in![/quote]Stringer finished his career at Cambridge United, then came back to NCFC for coaching.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Drury doesn''t count, Peterborough and Leeds...

I''m being strict. As a youngster, i can''t 100% remember if Stringer had more than 1 club, Sutch is the closest so far and not exactly what i''d call hero material. If only that penalty had gone in![/quote]he never got to 1p5wich. turned around and re-joined us.

Yep Dave Stringer, the only thing that hampers that is the fact he played for Cambridge a bit at the end of his long carreer with us

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Drury doesn''t count, Peterborough and Leeds... Crook had time at 1p5wich. I''m being strict. As a youngster, i can''t 100% remember if Stringer had more than 1 club, Sutch is the closest so far and not exactly what i''d call hero material. If only that penalty had gone in![/quote]he never got to 1p5wich. turned around and re-joined us.
[/quote]

He did get there and had his picture taken with the shirt, he changed his mind when the club sacked Megson & appointed Mike Walker.

"he never got to 1p5wich. turned around and re-joined us."

Matters little even if it were true, as he played for Spurs before us...

According to this it''s probably Ron Ashman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_one-club_men

So a while ago