Sign in to follow this  
jb

Squad Turnaround

Just realised that we could go into next season with as few as 7 pre-Hughton signings in our 25+: Russell Martin, Johnson, Howson, Hoolahan, Pilkington and the two Bennetts.  (obviously this would involve Ruddy, Holt, Barnett, Surman, Ayala, Fox and Butterfield leaving - all well within the realms of possibility).  Quite an impressive turnaround in only just over a year.

No particular point to make, just found it interesting, that''s all.

That is quite a large number, but then I think its expected with a new coach wanting to put his stamp on things. Not only that, but the squad Lambert left was running on empty I think, so needed a lot of changes.

That said, I don''t think Ruddy, Butterfield, Ayala, Fox or Surman will be leaving permanently this summer. Maybe loans for Butters and Ayala. And we all know we don''t really sell fringe players, so Fox and Surman will go on a free once their contracts run out...

Its how we have been for the last couple of seasons,   Lambert was quite happy to churn the players too - only Wes left from the league one days?

Just shows how far we have come and that the character of the club as remained despite the number of players turning over each year.

COYY