Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

how good are the youth players?

This is mainly about Lewis and Jarvis. I just want to know from anyone who has seen them play regularly - what are their chances of being first team regulars in the near or distant future? Id quite like to know about Lewis because i havnt seen him play before

I spent alot of last Friday with Joe Lewis as he was our "celebrity" at Robert Greens Matthew Project Golf Day.

He seems a decent unassuming chap, local lad who seems to have family support and his feet well on the ground.  He still has his season ticket in the Barclay.

He is a giant and needs to fill out abit but then he is only 17.  Looks like he will end up with the physique of Peter Cech rather than Gunny!!

The odd few times I have seen him play he looks pretty decent.  The problem is that so many players at 17 never develop their full potential.  Perhaps goalies are different though.  The other problem being that the opportunites for goalies are also limited.

The club obviously rate him as he seems to pretty much have bypassed the Academy system in the same way Jarvis did.  I think this coming year will be a big one for him given that at present we have 4 number 1''s and he if he can push his way up the queue then he should be OK.  What can''t happen is that his growth as a player is stunted - the same applies to Jarvis and Henderson.

He is playing for England U17''s (?) on June 10th so keep an eye out.

Anyone heard of a certain Chris Martin? Still 16 and in school, yet hes played almost everyone game for the under 18''s this season and has been top scorer, also made a couple of reserve team appearances

Jarvis, Lewis, Chris Martin, and Shackell, are going to be superb stars for city.

i also thought crow was too but, obviously worthy thought i was wrong.....

along with Chris Martin there is another 16 year old player called Bally Smart who broke in to the full youth team in the later stages of the season due to injury. He scored 4 goals in 3 games. He looks a good one for the future.

just read about billy smart.

what a great quote "has had his fair share of injurys"

sounds great!!!!!