Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Wigan Forums.

When you post claiming to "know" something, it does nothing for your credibility if there are glaringly incorrect "facts" within that post.

Nobody who claims to be ''ITK'' is ever in the know. Sorry Mr Teapot but if I''m wrong and you really are ''ITK'' perhaps you need to get a job as a sports journalist with your connections.

Back to the topic of Wigan forums, has anyone ever met a Wigan fan away from a match? I haven''t, they''re as rare as Wimbledon fans were back in the 90s.

The few that do post should be over the moon at the prospect of Holt signing. He could be a club legend there given the chance.

Agreed Jonzey, I would be over the moon as a championship club with this signing. I am uneasy as a prem league club that we may be left with 2 strikers. If this is the case I expect 2 more strikers to sign. Injury can play a huge part in a season. Look at Newcastles injury woes or it could be argued that Tottenham missed out on a Champ league place due to lack of strikers.

OK, Fail.Wigans training ground (pretty much dead centre of wigan) is 80 miles away the border of Cumbria.End.Of.

I am not an in the know person generally.  However with this I was told the news Sunday morning at about 11am from only two horses away from the horses mouth.  Whilst I have more of a life than rushing straight on here to tell you all on a beautiful Sunday, I thought I would relay it to you all this morning to assist the incorrect info going on.

I truly couldn''t care less whether you believe me or not.  I know who and what I know and am quite happy with that.  I told you that Tetty was going to be out for out for 4 weeks, I could have told you at Christmas that Surman was one break down away from an operation, I could have told you Tierney was going to Bolton in April, I could have told you that Ruddy didn''t intially even make the bench when he was fit because obtusely Hughton didn''t feel his number 1 should be on the bench, I could have told you the Pilks is teachers pet and called bizarrely Pilky by the manager but no one else.....but the general reaction you get on here when you provide some news is so bad that I didn''t bother. 

Why be so ridiculously aggressive when someone tries to give some info that you may all be interested in?  Is it because you have been hurt in the past.....ah...bless!  You are all so intent on trying to find out things that you spend the whole day on here guessing and rumouring.  If you are only interested in the facts..then why just not wait until McNally or the Club tweet you? 

Disappointing that the info I was given about the driving was wrong.  Doesn''t make it a fail.  Doesn''t make the rest of it wrong.  "Ok Mr Simpson, the gloves don''t appear to fit...you must be inncocent then...see ya"

I may be reading more into this than you''re willing to divulge, are you saying that we were going to sign a player called Simpson but his hands were too big?

This board wouldnt be the same without the attacks now would it.

What annoys me, is the derogatory comments towards Wigan due to the size of support. When you look at the population and number of clubs they are close too, then they do OK for one of the smaller clubs and it was admirable they stayed at the top for so long and won the FA Cup. There are clubs smaller than Wigan and bigger tha Norwich City, why do so many of our fans have such a hang up on size?

[quote user="Colin Teapot"]

I truly couldn''t care less whether you believe me or not. 

[/quote]Really? Because you have just posted 5 times in 5 hours to try and get us all to believe you. Based on that evidence, I''d suggest you did care.

[quote user="Colin Teapot"] I could have told

you at Christmas that Surman was one break down away from an operation, I

could have told you Tierney was going to Bolton in April.....
[/quote]Awesome! That''s great information. Anything else you could have told us? Could you have told us the Lottery numbers for last Saturday?[quote user="Colin Teapot"]

"...see ya"

[/quote]Laters

[quote user="lake district canary"]For information, Holt''s house is in Carlisle and the school his girls go to is in Carlisle.  Wigan is two hours drive from Carlisle (on a good day).   [/quote]It''s mostly M6 so shouldn''t be 2 hours.  I bet the Wigan club nutritionist is issuing "Do Not Serve This Man" posters to owners of M6 service station fast food franchises.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="lake district canary"]For information, Holt''s house is in Carlisle and the school his girls go to is in Carlisle.  Wigan is two hours drive from Carlisle (on a good day).   [/quote]It''s mostly M6 so shouldn''t be 2 hours.  I bet the Wigan club nutritionist is issuing "Do Not Serve This Man" posters to owners of M6 service station fast food franchises.[/quote]

Two hours average, door to door, well it is in my armchair........As for services, I can recommend Tebay services - well above average takes aways and a farm shop. 

[quote user="JF"]You need a decent number of fans to have active forums! I struggled to find any site of theirs with decent activity. Would be a good idea for this site to have a page with links to other teams forums.[/quote]

Or as in our case a few people who post reteatedly under different names.Early retirement has a lot to answer for!Whats happened to Bly by the way?

Cityislife wrote "Lack of interest'' That''s because of ''Lack of fans'' i''m afraid."  I was interested to read for the Rugby League match the other day the attendance was 30,000 !

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Cityislife wrote "Lack of interest'' That''s because of ''Lack of fans'' i''m afraid."  I was interested to read for the Rugby League match the other day the attendance was 30,000 ! [/quote]Amazing that they sustained a Prem team for so long, I suspect their fans are looking at a long period in the widerness!