Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Premature Holt story

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5002206/Grant-Holt-seals-2million-move-from-Norwich-to-Wigan.html

Has he gone?

2 million? Even at his age, with his scoring record (last season aside) he should be worth a bit more than that, surely?

I think it''s £2m rising to £4m depending on Wigan''s promotion bid. If they got straight back up it means we get another rake off the Holt deal.

Has he gone though?

It''s just a rehashed hack job. It confirms nothing.

Even so it seems 99% certain now :(

I think people need to realise that he''s not worth what he was this time last year. He''s 32 and coming off the back of not a great goalscoring season for him, although I think he did more in other areas, goalscoring is what he''ll be ultimately judged on. Also, if you now look at the fact David Villa is moving for around £4m, kind of puts the deal into perspective.

It does. Shame but he''s 32 years old so would have been mainly kept for what he provides off the pitch I suppose.

Family comes first.

It also says Boselli is part of the new look Wigan squad when in actual fact, he''s actually just left the squad.

If the rising to 4M depending on promotion is true, you''ve got to admit that''s not a bad piece of business for both parties.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think it''s £2m rising to £4m depending on Wigan''s promotion bid. If they got straight back up it means we get another rake off the Holt deal.

Has he gone though?[/quote]You just made that up didn''t you?Congratulations, you are now a fully qualified Fag Packet Accountant (C.G.F.P.A).To be fair, this board has needed someone to step in to sort out the clubs finances ever since Mr Carrow retired and Tangy went off searching for Watling''s wallet. [;)]

Twitter silence from Holty today! ...means he probably isn''t with the squad in Austria ... In contrast Ruddy has just tweeted about preseason training