Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Austria

I''m always surprised that the Club never releases a roll-call of who is involved in our various pre-season jaunts. It''s not a secret and any news or info, however small, is worth it at this time of year. Anyway, from Twitter;

On the plane;

Bradley Johnson

Anthony Pilkington

Elliott Bennett

Javier Garrido

Jacob and Josh Murphy

Still on holiday (might not be 100% defo);

Robert Snodgrass

Sebastien Bassong

Steven Whittaker

Harry Tofollo and Jamar Loza are going but it looks like quite a few other youth players aren''t. May be an indication of who Hughton has in his future plans?

[quote user="priceyrice"]Morty, i''ve heard from some voices that Ruddy is going but Holt isn''t![/quote]One voice that said Ruddy is going was Mr Hughton.

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="priceyrice"]Morty, i''ve heard from some voices that Ruddy is going but Holt isn''t![/quote]One voice that said Ruddy is going was Mr Hughton.[/quote]
Probably more reliable than the voices inside my head!

Excited Canary wrote - "Harry Tofollo and Jamar Loza are going but it looks like quite a few other youth players aren''t. May be an indication of who Hughton has in his future plans? "

Certainly Jamar is nearing that stage, he knocked in loads last season but would not have been in the spotlight due to the Youth''s Cup run (where the Murphy twins were still eligible).

I wonder whether CH has gone to the training camp? As we have no ''new boys'' there and it''s just fitness work maybe the Assistant Coaches can put the lads through their paces leaving CH to do the business back here.

I was wondering that Joanna. Almost started a thread yesterday asking if Hughton''s gone, will we actually sign anyone because surely any potential signings would want to speak to him face to face before signing, even thought/if he isn''t actually necessary for the actual transfer negotiations.

Hope Ruddy is out there. Pretty much dispels the Sky Sports rumours if he is.

Whitaker, Snodgrass, Martin, Wes and Ricky have not gone to Austria. Extra week after internationals in the summer.

Will obviously be on the plane to the US, which leaves next Monday.

I don''t know how Ruddy being over there stops any rumours. A bid went in, got turned down, now we wait (hopefully until after the transfer window) to see if they return or look elsewhere.

Well the big man has just tweeted himself, and it seems he is out in Austria with the rest of them

[quote user="clarkey1972"]I dont have twitter.

Has anyone tried tweeting mcnally about ruddy and holt?[/quote]I tweeted him about Holt last night, he ignored it.Which he was always going to really.

Yes clarkey, because for some reason people think McNally will actually give a straight answer. The only thing he ever says about transfers is things like ''singing close'' or ''looking into a number of options'' (not direct quotes). He was on twitter tester day evening and was answering questions about shirts and cups of tea.

Olly, get your facts straight pal. Just looked on his official Twitter page. Total silence today.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because it means Sky Sports almost certainly lied about ''advanced talks''.[/quote]

Exactly.........and the Holt stories too imo.

[quote user="now youve gotta believe us....."]Well Ruddys latest tweet was about grinding out the sessions in pre season training, so I''d assume that means he''s pre season training in Austria![/quote]"Assume"