Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Archant - One of the last to report things...

So, the story broke yesterday that City had agreed a fee with Wigan for Grant Holt. Was if from our local media? No it was Sky Sports and the BBC. It appears Archant are so far out of the loop when it comes to reporting anything City related, which is quite amazing when you think their head office is a stones throw from the club. Yet they have no one who is close enough to the club to even get a sniff of a major story.

They really are terrible when it comes to things like this. I know that a lot of stories come from one source and then they are repeated by other media outlets but our local journos always seem to be 24 hours behind everybody else.

Might also have something to do with the fact Archant don''t have a rolling 24 hour sports news TV channel and work to morning edition deadlines.

A club legend is on the brink of leaving and all Archant can muster is a few words scrambled together at the bottom of a page.

Andy Murray did well but for goodness sake... Holty leaving is bigger and more important news to the Yellow Army than Wimbledon.

I think as they have such close ties to Norwich they aren''t allowed to simply post random stories, because in theory only ''sky sports understands'' has given the story so much legs., and as a club we don''t normally release anything until its done so its probobly why they''re last in the know!

In terms of their circulation, do you think NCFC fans count for more or less than 50% of readers?

How many people buy the EEN or EDP to find out ANYTHING about NCFC - honestly - ?

I fully agree that they ''re hardly red hot when it comes to breaking exclusives but it''s probably understandable, isn''t it?

I beleive it was local bbc radio cumbria that broke it.

My guess is we wanted to wait until a new signing was announced to soften the blow and wigan were probably told to say nowt cos That dave whelan has a big gob.

I bet mcnally is fuming !

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]They really are terrible when it comes to things like this. I know that a lot of stories come from one source and then they are repeated by other media outlets but our local journos always seem to be 24 hours behind everybody else.[/quote] 

I wouldn''t disagree but there are extenuatng factors. In particular it is an open secret that relations between the (now not quite so...) new regime at Carrow Road and Rouen Road have not been exactly cordial in the past, although things may have improved. As a result I believe the EDP journalists have been wary of writing stuff that might be categorised as destabilising, and so wait until whatever the particular news is has been confirmed.

To be fair why should Archant comment on a signing which hasn''t happened?[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]To be fair why should Archant comment on a signing which hasn''t happened?[:|][/quote]Do you honestly believe Holty is staying mate?

Sadly, the writing is on the wall for me [:(]I hope to God that the press have got this one wrong!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Wiz"]To be fair why should Archant comment on a signing which hasn''t happened?[:|][/quote]

Do you honestly believe Holty is staying mate?

Sadly, the writing is on the wall for me [:(]

I hope to God that the press have got this one wrong!
[/quote]

Yes, I do my friend, that may sound naive but I have faith in DM, also Hughton if I''m totally honest.............neither has let us down yet.[Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Wiz"]To be fair why should Archant comment on a signing which hasn''t happened?[:|][/quote]

Do you honestly believe Holty is staying mate?

Sadly, the writing is on the wall for me [:(]

I hope to God that the press have got this one wrong!
[/quote]

Yes, I do my friend, that may sound naive but I have faith in DM, also Hughton if I''m totally honest.............neither has let us down yet.[Y]

[/quote]

Good old naivety.... Holt has gone, OFFICIAL!

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]What surprises me is that wyett and nursey have much more of a pulse on ncfc clearly the archant guys have a poor relationship with the club[/quote]Their papers have the circulation numbers and national coverage that means they don''t care if they print the truth about Norwich or not.I don''t blame the Pinkun for being extremely careful with McNally.The starter for 10 would be the club''s response to the Ryan Harley debacle, when the club when nuts over the Pinkun posting a rumour.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_linked_to_exeter_magician_ryan_harley_1_707008(Yeah, I know it''s vital football, but the club look like they''ve taken down their official statement, and this is the only link I can find that quotes it in full. There are plenty of respectable sites that have the truncated version - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/norwich-city/8090596/Canaries-deny-Harley-interest.html)http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218837Following up from that was the Look East interview ban after Dion Dublin leaked we were signing Craig Mackail Smithhttp://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/look_east_and_canaries_row_1_1004902

Funny my old man was saying this to me just last night, think they may need to update their contacts within the club maybe?

We only seem to find out transfers e.t.c from other local newspapers and foreign journalists.

Just very disappointing.