Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Hold Onto Your Hats Folks

I suspect that the NCFC press conference room is going to get busy pretty soon.

It''s getting exciting, I sure the club will announce a cluster of very impressive signings in the very near future.

I don''t profess any inside knowledge or source, just reading the ebb and flow of things.

Sorry number 9, you must be wrong - the board have sold the heart of the club, we are now certainties for relegation, blah blah blah.....

Or back in the real world, we are moving on and (hopefully) up, have sold/given a good servant of the club a chance to prolong his career (note he has signed for 3 years), closer to home in a move that clearly suits all parties. He would have been no more than 3rd or 4th choice next season which wouldn''t have suited anyone.

I''m with you - can''t help but think some decent signings are on their way and soon. Exciting times.....

I think given the respect Holty has for us, he''ll have waited until we could guarantee a replacement before he left. I think this time next week, our team could look a whole lot different!

Sorry Jimmy, would that be the same respect Holt had for us when, as club captain, he threw in a transfer request a day or two after Lambert left, while the club was clearly reeling a bit.

People are rather overplaying it: Holt did very nicely out of us, as we did out of him.

I suppose it brings that thought people have about one deal sparking another etc... Kone to Everton, Holt to Wigan, someone to us...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="super canary"]

i dont have a hat. what the heck am i supposed to do?

[/quote]

Buy one.

[/quote]

I SHALL OPT FOR A STETSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stetson is not a bad shout. I''m considering it, but I might go for a Deer stalker as that way I can moonlight as a detective for a bit of extra coin on the side.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Already got one! And a Trilby!

Snake[/quote]I''ve got some snake-skin boots.......

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Jimmy, would that be the same respect Holt had for us when, as club captain, he threw in a transfer request a day or two after Lambert left, while the club was clearly reeling a bit.

People are rather overplaying it: Holt did very nicely out of us, as we did out of him.[/quote]

You''re spot on there and my sentiments exactly

You seriously think Holt waited until we had a replacement?  You think that is how it works?No wonder most of your posts are sentimental tosh.[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think given the respect Holty has for us, he''ll have waited until we could guarantee a replacement before he left. I think this time next week, our team could look a whole lot different![/quote]

I would choose carefully when selecting a hat,

If we don''t have a ''Marquee'' signing by the weekend I''ll eat my hat!

I don''t think the onus was on him to wait, i think Hughton and McNally insisted he did, and Holt stayed professional enough to stay around until we''d sorted something. No need to get personal, all we do on here is speculate. I''m sad to see him go, but confident the club have someone up their sleeves.