Sign in to follow this  
Kryten121

I love DM

Reading through twitter and noticing that the usually "vocal" Grant Holt is quiet, quite understandable considering what might be going on, then checking out Mr McNally''s tweets and I have to say his sense of humor and coolness is awesome.

Reading the tweets you can see there are signings in the works and you have to know that they are working very hard to get more people in! I honestly think that he was an amazing coup to get on board at NCFC!! I am looking forward to any new signings and the new season!

just hope that a lot happens before Saturday. am leaving for the Philippines then, for 5 months, to visit the in-laws amongst other things, and will be out of the loop a lot of the time until i get settled. agree 100% about DM.

[quote user="alartz"]Oh look out star maniac is blowing his own trumpet.

Totally agree with David McNally being an absolute wizard.[/quote]        ?

YEAH WELL YOU''D BETTER HOPE McNALLY IS AS GOOD WITH A FOOTBALL AS HE IS WITH TWITTER BECAUSE THE WAY IT''S GOING HE''LL BE PLAYING UPFRONT FOR US NEXT SEASON [:@][:@][:@]

Loved the capital letters Mr Chops, said with feeling

Star-Manic, 5 months with the In laws?  Obviously Les Dawson''s Mother in law jokes don''t strike  a chord with you then?

only visiting them for a few days then hitting the beaches a long way away from them. leaving the missus behind with them.

Joking aside, we are now in a position where we have two strikers on our books - agents and players not being entirely stupid, presumably they can now hold out for a higher transfer fee and higher wages than we might like to have paid.  That''s not entirely brilliant business.

[]only visiting them for a few days then hitting the beaches a long way away from them. leaving the missus behind with them.[Perfection, wish I could say the same, sadly I can''t ps Lucky Ba st ard]

[quote user="star_manic"]only visiting them for a few days then hitting the beaches a long way away from them. leaving the missus behind with them.[/quote]

For 5 months? Wow!

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Joking aside, we are now in a position where we have two strikers on our books - agents and players not being entirely stupid, presumably they can now hold out for a higher transfer fee and higher wages than we might like to have paid.  That''s not entirely brilliant business.

[/quote]Depends how far along we are with signings. At least we''re showing a bit of ambition. Here''s hoping it pays off.

sounds like there isn''t much in the n''doye transfer (thankfully) 8m seems a little excessive.

lets start our transfers this week with Fer, and then hopefully some strikers come in.

is toivonen still a possibility? would we be buying him to play as an out and out striker or in the hole? or to cover both as necessary?

For decades, our location has been seen as a negative by prospective signings (Not all, but a large number I would imagine). Suddenly, DM comes on board and as soon as we can afford to, a little common sense is applied and we look at good, young Dutch talent, or players who have settled in Holland and have a life/friends/roots there. Negative becomes positive as they have easy access via a short flight. Smart thinking, although it is so obvious I''m surprised we''ve never gone for it before.

Toivonen, Fer & Alderweireld are incredibibly exciting prospects and would forge an unbelievable spine to the team with RVW, Howson, Bassong and Ruddy but it should be remembered that we haven''t actually signed any of them yet.