Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

1,000 season tickets not yet renewed, one week left !

If some people are not willing to renew because we have been relegated then good, because it allows others who wish to see their team play every week to have that opportunity!!

How many have been sold so far??

Work commitments, moving away from the area, football commitments themselves. I don''t think we should presume they''re all not re-newing because we''ve been relegated

I''m on the waiting list! No''s 886-888 so it''s going to be tight. If only 114 out of that 1000 renew I shall be out of luck bah!

would be intresting to have a poll on here as to what reasons

people are not renewing there  season tickets to see if this is

down to religation

[quote]Interest waning perhaps ? Still there is 2000 on the waiting list ![/quote]

Jim: Some of us may have had no say in the matter my friend, well, you know my position, yes?.

However much I''m gutted, I don''t think dying at Carrow Road, rates too highly on the old wiz''s agenda these days!.

PS. Does anyone know if this unfortunate event has ever happened before?.

[quote]Jim: Some of us may have had no say in the matter my friend, well, you know my position, yes?. However much I''m gutted, I don''t think dying at Carrow Road, rates too highly on the old wiz''s agenda t...[/quote]

I believe some one died in the Jarrold Stand at the Middlesborough game, then when I went to the next reserve game on the Wednesday, there were some bunches of flowers placed by the turnstiles.

[quote]Jim: Some of us may have had no say in the matter my friend, well, you know my position, yes?. However much I''m gutted, I don''t think dying at Carrow Road, rates too highly on the old wiz''s agenda t...[/quote]

I remember a previous incarnation of the 1st Wizard was found in a heap at Carrow Road in March and a pirate emerged.

quote "PS. Does anyone know if this unfortunate event has ever happened before?."

I am afraid it has on a number of occasions I believe. Our family knows someone who died at CR. The club sent a representative to his funeral, and he said that they have attended a number of other funerals in the past.

[quote]I''m on the waiting list! No''s 886-888 so it''s going to be tight. If only 114 out of that 1000 renew I shall be out of luck bah![/quote]

I''m 1024 so will probably be unlucky dammit.

Wiz, Entirely sympathize with your sentiments mate.

Two years ago I was in a situation more or less like yours are at this moment what with work commitments and poor health etc.

I reluctantly gave mine up then, ironically my situation has changed now, but my chances of getting another in my probable life time are perhaps zero.

Sorry if I cast a slight on you and those fans with similar reasons for non renewal

Wiz, are you saying you wont go to Carrow rd at all next season? I dont blame you if you do decide to stay away, given your problems with the old ticker. I think you should  steer clear of Mr Waller''s match commentaries as well, if anything they can be more stressful than watching the action through your own eyes.

[quote]Interest waning perhaps ? Still there is 2000 on the waiting list ![/quote]

The club are still almost certain to sell the full allocation of season tickets. Also, I think you will find that nearly every home match will be a total sell- out next season, so although some may have lost a little bit of interest since relegation, there are still plenty of loyal, enthusiastic followers of City.

I know there will be a seat next to me going spare next season because the lovely old gentleman who has occupied it for years suffered two bad falls down the concrete steps after the two post-Christmas games, and he''s decided he''s too frail to come to games any more.  I shall really miss his charm and his mints (!!!) and the hugs when we score, but it will be interesting to see who is in the seat next season.  If it''s you, be prepared for a crazed blonde nutter who never stops shouting/singing and who is likely to grab you for wild celebrations from time-to-time!!!

Hope you''re on the mend now Wiz.  I have had a health scare myself recently so I can empathise a bit with what you''re going through. 

[quote]I know there will be a seat next to me going spare next season because the lovely old gentleman who has occupied it for years suffered two bad falls down the concrete steps after the two post-Christma...[/quote]

Hi susie

what a lovely story, it must have been a very reluctant decision to make, one we will all have to make one day i guess

it won''t be meeky sitting near you next season thou (you can breathe a sigh of relief) he is going for tickets in the family area with his kids, though how long he will stay there is debatable seeing the way he conducts himself at games

am i joining him from my seat in the lower barclay?

no way!!

[quote]Wiz, are you saying you wont go to Carrow rd at all next season? I dont blame you if you do decide to stay away, given your problems with the old ticker. I think you should steer clear of Mr Waller''s...[/quote]

Stephen, Certainly not!, I hope to get to the odd one or two, my friend. But I''m being cautious I guess.

Trouble is, once you let them go, they are damn hard to get back!, as no doubt Gorleston Jim will attest.

Susie: The mere thought of some raving blond women grabbing me for a cuddle every time City score next season, is nearly enough to put me back in hospital, if I ain''t careful.

What''s your seat number?. Then I can take precautions, er, well you know what I mean, phew!. 

No worries Wiz...I shall be keeping that info to myself for everyone''s sake but mostly yours, until the first day of the season when some poor unsuspecting person parks his bottom on seat no...row...in the City Stand.  (Yes, I''m the one who makes the noise from that general direction, drawing hoots of derision and strange looks from many a punter, but care I do not!!!!)

Gazza - enjoy your new found freedom without Meeky and the children to rein you in!  I guess they''ll be near me next season then.  Perhaps I''d better behave! 

[quote]I believe some one died in the Jarrold Stand at the Middlesborough game, then when I went to the next reserve game on the Wednesday, there were some bunches of flowers placed by the turnstiles.[/quote]

sadly i think the poor old chap did pass away it all happend near me at the boro game