Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

9 signings incoming

Was told by a very reliable relative that McNally advised only just last week that we would sign 9 players this summer. Apparently he was very adamant and confident on this figure.

Going on the previous quotes of somewhere between 5-8, I am surprised at this figure to be honest!

I''d also suggest that already-secured signings in Garrido and RVW are included in this figure, so if that''s correct what the main man says, that leaves a further 7.

My best guess, would say that 7 would be split as follows:

3rd choice GK: Carlo Nash?

Another defender, maybe RB: ?

Man striker: Hooper?

AMC: Toivonen?

MC: Van Ginkel, Fer and Defour all linked, so you''d assume we are after a MC?

LW: Redmond?

That leaves one further new joiner, which I''m struggling to fathom where that woud fit in. Unless we have to replace Ruddy, I can only assume we would be after ANOTHER striker, especially if Holt was to go, to keep us with 4 strikers??

I''m glad he let us know that these signing would be incoming

mind you a few outgoing signings wouldn''t go amisssort of ''hail well met'' type fellows

Only passing on what McNally has stated himself. He''s a pretty honest guy so can''t imagine he''d want to change his way and start feeding people with lies! No doubt time will tell.

Okay if we were after 9 players I would guess we are after:GK - NashLB - Olsson/EldersonCDM - FerCAM - ToivonenLW - RedmondST - HooperThese 6 are obvious, I guess the others will be 3 of another striker, a RW, a CB or a RB

I think the point is that we already have two of the nine in RVW and Javier.

If we get something similar to that list I dont think there would be too many complaints (or shouldn''t be!) though there''s bound to be a couple of names go by the wayside and replaced with others.

[quote user="flecky76"]Was told by a very reliable relative that McNally advised only just last week that we would sign 9 players this summer. Apparently he was very adamant and confident on this figure. Going on the previous quotes of somewhere between 5-8, I am surprised at this figure to be honest! I''d also suggest that already-secured signings in Garrido and RVW are included in this figure, so if that''s correct what the main man says, that leaves a further 7. My best guess, would say that 7 would be split as follows: 3rd choice GK: Carlo Nash? Another defender, maybe RB: ? Man striker: Hooper? AMC: Toivonen? MC: Van Ginkel, Fer and Defour all linked, so you''d assume we are after a MC? LW: Redmond? That leaves one further new joiner, which I''m struggling to fathom where that woud fit in. Unless we have to replace Ruddy, I can only assume we would be after ANOTHER striker, especially if Holt was to go, to keep us with 4 strikers??[/quote]

I like the idea of the Man striker, sounds like a real unit

9 may sound unrealistic, but it really isn''t, not when you consider the loan system.

Maybe about 8 of them are new ball boys or someone to clean up the City stand after games...

I can see that if rumours are to be believed and we are after both Redmond and Sam Byram, these are two young players who fit into the next generation.

Carlo Nash as bcak up keeper.

I have a feeling Hooper and Toivonen with Becchio going back to Leeds as part of the Byram deal?

Olsen has some legs, this will give us cover on both LB & RB positions.

I''m sure that Fer is another target who City feel will be coming.

Then you add RVW and Garrido you have your 9 players.

Not really any news but confirmation on the targets we have already been linked with.

Now if some of them don''t want to sign then I''m sure we won''t waste money on other players but use the loan system to cover the areas where we did not buy.

It could be that they are hoping to sign one or two young players with an eye on the future, and/or a couple of loan signings with an eye on the immediate.

Who the young players would be is impossible to say, but there were rumours about Livermore and Naughton.

The Byram rumour may have legs as there has been many pieces written about Martin wanting to play centre half, which, if so, would mean we would have Bassong, Turner, Bennett and Martin, with the options of Whittaker, Martin, Garrido and hopefully Olsson as full back cover.

Cant see Barnett or Ayala staying with us.

Heard from 2 players (second hand admittedly) just after the Everton game that the dressing room had been told to expect "up to 10" new signings in the summer, so this would tie in with that.

Securing his family financially for life; potential honours; increased likelihood of England recognition; status; the lure of London, to name but a few.

"Securing his family financially for life; potential honours; increased likelihood of England recognition; status; the lure of London, to name but a few."

Does this belong under the "Boris Johnson" or the "Shakespeare" thread?

All transfers these days are of the Undisclosed variety, but let''s assume we trousered £1.5m for Vaughan, £4m for Holt and, if Ruddy to Chelsea goes ahead, let''s say a conservative £8m.

That woud be a total of £13.5m, and that''s not even including Barnett and Ayala, where I reckon we would get at least £1m in total.

You could also throw in an additional £3.5m we made from the last day increased placing revenue. We had budgeted for 16th position and finished 11th.

Back of a fag packet calculations quite clearly, but that''s an ADDITIONAL £18m we have to add to our summer transr budget. If we remember that RVW was out of last seasons budget, that leaves an awful big budget for this season.

Even if we were always going to spend at least £12m this summer (after RVW), that would leave us to spend at least £30m!

Ok, that total would mean a new keeper being incoming,mas a large proportion of that total would be the Ruddy money. My only concern is that we aren''t caught short, too late. Leave it right to the end of the window and we all know prices get silly. Still loads of time, but the next 4 weeks could be very very interesting.

Good post and well calculated. I think we will see 3 or 4, 6-7 million pound men to add sheer quality to our ranks. Fer, Toivenen alone or 7 and 5 million reportedly... Add in another striker that I would expect to be of similar quality to RVW, then thats 20 million already..!