Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Grant Holt: Let's Have A Vote

quote user = Indy_Bones "No, it goes to show that in your incredibly truncated set of options, only the minority would look to move Holt on, whereas if you''d said"Holt to be sold for 7 mil - Keep or Sell", I think you''d find it would be a VERY different result...It''s all about the question being asked and HOW it''s being asked, and the answers we''ve had don''t surprise me, but that also prove jack all in the process as well due to total lack of any detail..."

Bloody heck, talk about taking the gloss off! It was just a simple question, keep or sell? Just to see if people are backing Holt or not. People are intelligent enough to know what Holt would be sold for (£2-4m) so can easily categorise themselves in the "keep or sell" camp. There would be NO point asking the question you just suggested - "Holt to be sold for £7m, keep or sell" because no club are going to offer us that! Not a realistic suggestion is it? It''s like asking "Ruddy to be sold for £20m, keep or sell". Of course that will skew the results of a poll because the question is not realistic!!

I think somebody is just sore that the poll didn''t go the way he wanted it to maybe.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]TOTAL VOTE
Keep:  91
Sell: 12
I expected a victory for ''keep'' but didn''t expect such a large margin, it goes to show that the ''sell'' crowd really make themselves heard, the reality is that they fall within a small minority. 
[/quote]

Well conducted!!

Landslide victory

Holt could have a bit longer left at this level than many seem to be assuming. Given his goalscoring record and the fact that even at his age he''s rarely injured, you''ve got to keep him.

I think he is well worth at least one more season, but potentially even the season after that too, it is a squad game at this level and he is a long way from being surplus to requirements.

As Official Scrutineer I can now give the final tallies. People are welcome to carry on voting but the palm trees are waving and I''m for the beach, so they won''t get counted...To KEEP: 72 valid votes. There were no fewer than 30 spoiled KEEP ballots, for various clear infractions, such as exclamation marks, arguments, and conditions.To SELL: Ten valid votes, with four spoiled ballots, for similar wilful disobedience of the rules so clearly laid out by the OP.

I must say a spoiled ballot percentage of 29.3 (and that is not counting post that simply did not address the question) does not bode well for the United Kingdom were it ever to become a parliamentary democracy.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Your mate: "Would you like to come for a pint or two?"
You: "I will abstain from answering that question because you haven''t specified which pub, at what time, and haven''t given a full explanation of other mitigating factors such as their variety of real ales, the cleanliness of their toilets, the proximity of the nearest kebab shop, or a full analysis of the costs involved in getting to and from the pub that you have in mind"
Your mate: "On second thoughts, just remembered I''ve got to up early tomorrow"
[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Herman "]"mr lister"Won''t be here by Sept 3rd! With your track record you''d better state what year as well.[/quote]

08/07/2013 to be precise!!!!

Thanks, In a way so did I but after last seasons performances both in the summer transfer window last year and especially after his petulance towards being dropped towards the end of the season his stock went well down in the hierarchy''s opinion and they always stated that a fair offer for both him and club would not be rejected.

He was am immense player for us up till that point imo and I hope he does well for Wigan.

OTBC