Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Grant Holt: Let's Have A Vote

The problem for me is that it feels like the wrong question. As things are it is ''keep'' but were we to sign other decent strikers, making him, say, 4th choice, it would be fair enough to let him go, for his own benefit as much as anything, to a closer-to-home club. I don''t think we would sell unless it was right to.

Swap - but only for a shiny.

What ya mean it isn''t 1989? I have a sticker collection to complete!

Keep, keep, swap, keep, swap, swap, Ipshjt flush down the loo. Nah mate I stuck in a picture of Gillian Anderson on that page, best use of space, no way I am having any blue and white of that variety. Keep, keep, swap, swap ........

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The problem for me is that it feels like the wrong question. As things are it is ''keep'' but were we to sign other decent strikers, making him, say, 4th choice, it would be fair enough to let him go, for his own benefit as much as anything, to a closer-to-home club. I don''t think we would sell unless it was right to.[/quote]I am sorry, Branston, but as Official Scrutineer I have to warn you against questioning the nature of the question To suggest that it might be necessary to consider circumstances in coming to a sensible decision is highly subversive.

When you vote in the general elections you have to put your cards on the table or abstain from voting, you can''t say "I''d like to vote Labour but if the economy declines in two years then I would have wanted Conservative". The same applies in any ballot, you have to make a decision, you can''t write a condition on the voting form. 

Er, in a general election you kind-of have a few more policies to consider than ''keep'' or ''sell'' which you weigh up. Given where we currently are you''d be pretty mental to say ''sell''. If in three weeks we have signed Toivonen, Hooper, Fer et al, I would very much think it would be the opposite.

Keep

Very expensive third/ fourth choice striker.

If a bid comes and we sign two strikers then sell.

I can go in depth but as a vote I would more likely keep. He is going to have a diminished presence from now on (on the field) and we have big characters in our team who are changing the dynamic of the team from the team holt helped bring us up a few seasons ago.

Lets not forget it wasn''t just holty; ruddy, r Martin and hoolahoops were key during those campaigns and a few seasons on they have a complimentary role to the quality we are now adding

Think you would be seeing different results if you had asked ''sell for 10million'' or something like that, otherwise your OP is loaded in one direction.

Purple, can you rule whether the thread should be nulled on these grounds?

This would seem to be a majority of Chinese election proportions OP.

I think we can now safely conclude that getting on for some 90% of us Pink''un posters would prefer the big man to stay, with just a few reservations and not many negatives at all.

Whilst lacking the sophistication of a Gallop Poll, this ''result'' is somewhat telling and surprises me quite a lot.

I had expected many more in favour of a sale based upon reading past threads on the matter. It just goes to show that "empty vessels make most noise."

This is, of course,  unfair to those wanting to sell GH as there are valid arguments either way and the result is really an on-balance conclusion.

I still maintain that Holt''s position at the Club will become more clear cut by the next January window and that we should at least hang onto him until then.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

This would seem to be a majority of Chinese election proportions OP.

I think we can now safely conclude that getting on for some 90% of us Pink''un posters would prefer the big man to stay, with just a few reservations and not many negatives at all.

Whilst lacking the sophistication of a Gallop Poll, this ''result'' is somewhat telling and surprises me quite a lot.

I had expected many more in favour of a sale based upon reading past threads on the matter. It just goes to show that "empty vessels make most noise."

This is, of course,  unfair to those wanting to sell GH as there are valid arguments either way and the result is really an on-balance conclusion.

I still maintain that Holt''s position at the Club will become more clear cut by the next January window and that we should at least hang onto him until then.

[/quote]

Spot on , Keep the big man

We need RVW and Becchio (or other, at least 2 anyway) to start smashing them in before i''d be comfortablt with Holty going.

Keep. Obviously. If anyone points to him being past it due to last season needs their head checking. Look at the last two games of the season when he was allowed to play not as the lone striker. He was as good as ever. He is talismanic for the fans and a character around the dressing room. He needs to stay at least one more season.

Abstain

Depends on price and incoming options.