Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Saturday 15th March 2014.

If Holty signs for Wigan this is the date of  their game at Scum HQ. I for one might just be prepared to give our game at Southampton a miss in order to say a fond farewell to a true City legend. Anybody feel the same way ?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Call your self a Norwich fan?[/quote] well you certainly are not , abusing Norwich players on twitter !!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Call your self a Norwich fan?[/quote] I agree with you nana. I wonder if he had to apply for a scum fixture list or whether they sent him an honorary one.[:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Call your self a Norwich fan?[/quote]
I agree with you nana. I wonder if he had to apply for a scum fixture list or whether they sent him an honorary one.[:S]
[/quote]

I looked on the Wigan website actually Poodle . [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Call your self a Norwich fan?[/quote]

I agree with you nana. I wonder if he had to apply for a scum fixture list or whether they sent him an honorary one.[:S][/quote]

I looked on the Wigan website actually Poodle . [:D][/quote]

Just because the friendly fell through you''ve grabbed another chance to see them. Any excuse. Plod. [<:o)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

If Holty signs for Wigan this is the date of  their game at Scum HQ. I for one might just be prepared to give our game at Southampton a miss in order to say a fond farewell to a true City legend. Anybody feel the same way ?

[/quote]did you go to Darren Huckerby''s first game in San Jose to say good bye to a legend as well?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Odd, isn''t it. Seems some are fans of Grant Holt rather than Norwich - definitely count me out![/quote]

I don''t get that.  Why wouldn''t you be a fan of Grant Holt?  After all he has done for us?  He has been a big personality and influence at the club, maybe one of the most important and influential players in our history.   Norwich players are the most important thing, but ex-players, especially ones that have been so important to us, can be appreciated after they leave, surely? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Odd, isn''t it. Seems some are fans of Grant Holt rather than Norwich - definitely count me out![/quote]

I don''t get that.  Why wouldn''t you be a fan of Grant Holt?  After all he has done for us?  He has been a big personality and influence at the club, maybe one of the most important and influential players in our history.   Norwich players are the most important thing, but ex-players, especially ones that have been so important to us, can be appreciated after they leave, surely?  [/quote]The original point was the OP might miss a Norwich game to watch the Binners play Wigan.If Norwich players are the most important thing then why would anyone want to miss a Norwich game to watch an ex-player?

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Odd, isn''t it. Seems some are fans of Grant Holt rather than Norwich - definitely count me out![/quote]

I don''t get that.  Why wouldn''t you be a fan of Grant Holt?  After all he has done for us?  He has been a big personality and influence at the club, maybe one of the most important and influential players in our history.   Norwich players are the most important thing, but ex-players, especially ones that have been so important to us, can be appreciated after they leave, surely?  [/quote]The original point was the OP might miss a Norwich game to watch the Binners play Wigan.  If Norwich players are the most important thing then why would anyone want to miss a Norwich game to watch an ex-player?[/quote]

I get the point - though they wouldn''t be missing a home game. A trip to Southampton though is all day commitment, whereas an afternoon jaunt down to watch GH score against the scum, would be entertaining.    Not strictly p.c. with "real" supporters I suppose, but if people are missing our rivalry with Ipswich, then it does have some appeal.   And it would allow Wigan to be seen to have some away support in the process........there''s a first time for everything....

"Not strictly p.c. with "real" supporters I suppose"I think Til is now more x pc(just hope he doesn''t suffer from agrophobia)